Apple Patent Dispute aims Android*ICS Lock Screen

Search This thread

madizmo

Apr 2, 2007
Nanaimo
And yet another reason to prove apple is gay aswell as its users. They cant handle a phone thats better then theirs.

jim93

Oct 18, 2011
I dont know why anyone gave them the right to patent a motion. Are they going to patent high fives next?

and apparently they patented rounded edges in Australia.

Joy2DaWurld

Nov 17, 2010
I dont know why anyone gave them the right to patent a motion. Are they going to patent high fives next?

and apparently they patented rounded edges in Australia.

...pwned.

It's not uncommon for Apple to target Samsung, Motorola...or Android for that matter. Whether or not Apple actually has a case is above me, but it's apparent both of these OS use or "borrow" features from the other...a self-made "improved" version of the former.

JaZart

Jan 8, 2012
Columbus
i assume google wasn't smart enough to patent stuff that apple borrowed?

I can't stand this patent stuff

I understand companies waiting to protect intellectual property

But apple and other companies are going to far.

I think only their devices and distinct styles should be patented

That's it...

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

AznDud333

Nov 24, 2011
can't these guys just drop all the lawsuits and actually improve their os/ui? seriously.. most of the time they just sue each other instead of improving things -.-

degeneration

Jul 16, 2010
Seattle, WA
how so? iOS still accounts for a signifigant (even if it isn't majority) & of smartphones. Apple owns that entire portion of the pie where as the android portion is shared by a handful of companies. Plus they got a name. As long as they put out a half decent product, it will sell.

Your logic is flawed. He didn't say that they were doing poorly, he simply said they are going for anything and everything they can. Maybe they want to own more of the market, maybe they are afraid of android getting ahead... Just because iOS is doing well doesn't mean they aren't getting defensive lately.

Reactions: Digital1325

ktynchy1

Nov 13, 2009
San Juan
What i dont fet is why in hell can companies like Apple keep wasting so much money on lawauits instead of investing in innovationwhich theyve lost a few years back

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App

Reactions: Nagelzz

jessejames111981

Jan 29, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
What i dont fet is why in hell can companies like Apple keep wasting so much money on lawauits instead of investing in innovationwhich theyve lost a few years back

the OG iPhone spawned a growth spurt in transforming PDAs to our modern smartphone. We are currently in a spot where noone is doing anything innovative so I guess this is their way of passing time

soomuch

Dec 6, 2010
This is the only thing that left for Apple to do since they enjoy taking everyone and their brothers to court :p:D

BREAKING NEWS: Apple Computer, Inc. has filed a copyright infingement suit against God for creating a fruit based off their logo. :D

Guru Zeb

Jan 17, 2012
Up North !!!!!!!!!
Another one of the many reasons why I refuse to buy any apple products.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

I think about it the same way!

Bah you guys must be new to the Anti Apple party .......... i've had a complete unilateral ban on all Apple products (except quicktime...*sigh*) since about 1990 !!!
What i find most perverse and ironic about Apple is that they ARE the Stalinist, monolithic, all seeing, all controlling, big brother, facelessly corporate, tech company the much famed old Apple advertisement painted every other tech company to be. And whats more they always where. Developing nation sweat shop worker conditions is only the tip of the iceberg where Apple are concerned ....... you can be sure Bono will never do another Apple advert ... lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhsWzJo2sN4
If you've never seen it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BREAKING NEWS: Apple Computer, Inc. has filed a copyright infingement suit against God for creating a fruit based off their logo. :D

nice.

10char
    how so? iOS still accounts for a signifigant (even if it isn't majority) & of smartphones. Apple owns that entire portion of the pie where as the android portion is shared by a handful of companies. Plus they got a name. As long as they put out a half decent product, it will sell.

Your logic is flawed. He didn't say that they were doing poorly, he simply said they are going for anything and everything they can. Maybe they want to own more of the market, maybe they are afraid of android getting ahead... Just because iOS is doing well doesn't mean they aren't getting defensive lately.
    Another one of the many reasons why I refuse to buy any apple products.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk