S Voice from the SIII working on the Infuse

Search This thread

Clark Joseph Kent

Senior Mod / Moderator & RC-RT Committees Lead
Staff member
Dec 17, 2011
www.marines.com
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
The s voice connected to a server for this to work....was just reading they sammy shut down the server due to this program being hacked...by xda dev...lol....was reading on the xda news...if i see it agsin ill add it...

jerryeight

Mar 11, 2012
California
hey could someone with the new working signed file please upload it so that more of us could get access to the file cause the google docs upload apparently has a bandwidth limit
thanks !

dman3285

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 24, 2010
Rome, Ga.
You also have to have two lib files or eventually it will stop working.. Look on the seraphim thread. We have a fully working version with the proper libs..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using xda premium

Reactions: Clark Joseph Kent

Kdog71588

Jun 22, 2011
S voice crashes on me a lot and I can't hear her talking to me and for example if I try and set an alarm then it sets on but won't save it?? Opening certain apps work but a lot doesn't

Sent from my SGH-I997 using xda premium powered By Dark Knight ICS

mg2195

Dec 5, 2011
RSM
S voice crashes on me a lot and I can't hear her talking to me and for example if I try and set an alarm then it sets on but won't save it?? Opening certain apps work but a lot doesn't

No offense but that is kinda expected....this apk was was not made for this device....so you can't expect it to work 100%...and correct me if I'm wrong but this was pulled from leak of a phone (sgs3) that has not even been released...its gonna have bugs, the phone isn't even released yet...again no offense just trying to give you insight as to why your getting some fcs...

Sent from my SGH-I997 using XDA

jerryeight

Mar 11, 2012
California

Hey I am using Pico tts for the text to speech engine and s voice haven't crashed on me yet
Here is the apk of it
http://i.minus.com/1338096588/MAtXRTcKR3Fhh4pqGsn3RA/ib2F1ICd4hyDnN.apk
Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA

Last edited:

Cjohns8792

Apr 16, 2011
Upstate, NY
So I've had this on my phone with the edited build.prop for a day or so and I like the concept, but the app is not fully compatible. I press the talk button and it doesn't register. I hear the mic or speaker "pop" but it never starts with the blue waves like it's listening. I have to hit the back button and repress talk several times. I can't wait for a fully 100% working version, but what else can we expect, the SIII isn't even on sale yet.

mg2195

Dec 5, 2011
RSM
So I've had this on my phone with the edited build.prop for a day or so and I like the concept, but the app is not fully compatible. I press the talk button and it doesn't register. I hear the mic or speaker "pop" but it never starts with the blue waves like it's listening. I have to hit the back button and repress talk several times. I can't wait for a fully 100% working version, but what else can we expect, the SIII isn't even on sale yet.

In us stores it isn't...the international has been on sale for a while now...the problem is that a lot of the stuff in svoice is coded into sgs3 frameworks, as well as it calls on Samsung apps a lot (music player) so without heavy modification it will never work perfect on any phone but the sgs3...unless someone ports over all the frameworks and stuff for us...which isn't quite as easy and simple as aosp...I've tried with other Samsung phones with ics/leaked ics

Sent from my SGH-I997 using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can someone please do a step-by-step?

Sent from my SGH-I997 using xda premium

Pre-reqs: Google Play Store account, Android phone with a mic, apps from unknown sources checked. Also, you will likely need an ICS rom. YMMV if you are on a different Android OS.

1) Download the .rar file from the link.
    2) Download ES File Explorer from the Play Store.
    3) Open ES File Explorer.
    4) Using ES File Explorer, navigate to wherever you downloaded the .rar.
    5) Click on the downloaded .rar file.
    6) Will open in ES File Explorers in-app ES Zip Explorer.
    7) Click on the .apk file.
    8) When it asks if you want to install, select install.
    9) Voila, there will be the icon in the app drawer, or you can long hold the search button.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?m7mu6pdt0b63dul

Working great on my AOKP rom.

Pre-reqs: Google Play Store account, Android phone with a mic, apps from unknown sources checked. Also, you will likely need an ICS rom. YMMV if you are on a different Android OS.

1) Download the .rar file from the link.
    2) Download ES File Explorer from the Play Store.
    3) Open ES File Explorer.
    4) Using ES File Explorer, navigate to wherever you downloaded the .rar.
    5) Click on the downloaded .rar file.
    6) Will open in ES File Explorers in-app ES Zip Explorer.
    7) Click on the .apk file.
    8) When it asks if you want to install, select install.
    9) Voila, there will be the icon in the app drawer, or you can long hold the search button.

Article on the S Voice on the Galaxy Nexus: http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/05/20/full-hands-on-with-samsungs-s-voice-for-the-galaxy-s-iii/

For those having trouble with the voiceback, here's something from the article:
    Every left-pointing speech bubble you see in the pictures (except for "Say 'Hi Galaxy'" and the initial "What would you like to do") are read aloud with a Text To Speech engine. There's no TTS built in, it uses whatever you have on your phone, which in my case is the dreary default Google TTS. Maybe the GSIII comes with something nicer.

Sent from my Samsung Infuse running AOKP.
    I'd like to try it, not sure how to install a rar. file time to do some searching.

Installing a rar?? You've to extract it na??!!
    Here is a modded version of S Voice.

http://db.tt/EC9DtiFH
    Have fun :thumbup::D

Sent from my Captivate running INFINITUM ICS v2.2 using Tapatalk 2
    whats include in your moded version?

Its modded so you don't have to edit build.prop to get it to work properly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2