Consolidation of apps

Search This thread
For kicks, I tried to integrate all system app updates into the ROM. It would seem all but two work, while retaining full functionality of those that are integrated. Touchless Control and Active Display won't work, as I can see, if their updates are integrated. Some apps were faulty after integration, and needed to be uninstalled, installed from the Market, and converted to a system app...with data restored afterwards. Titanium Backup and SafeStrap RULES!!!! There is still 850Mb left in the system, so next is to drop a few 'normal' solid apps into the system. I've been advised to not integrate any launchers. Cool. It pretty much goes without saying that I do have a clean backup of the Stock system partition. I'll let things simmer first, to see whether everything can survive as a daily ROM.

fat-fingered and Maxx-ed out.

akellar

Jan 9, 2011
Iowa
Your fat fingers posted this is the wrong section :D

Sent from my XT1080 using XDA Free mobile app

kanagadeepan

Jul 27, 2011
Sivakasi
Titanium Backup report on its main screen.

I want to inform one thing... Please don't go on add things to system (using TiBackupPro) to save Internal storage, as I think the report in start screen is either not accurate or there will be some issues if we keep on converting apps to system-apps.

In my case, TiBackup shows 1.5GB system storage FREE. I have added some 500+MB of normal apps to system. Later my phone became unstable. When I restarted it, it just bootloops...

I now have to restore stock by rsdlite. I took the risk since my MAXX's BL is unlocked. I am teling this from my experience...

I want to inform one thing... Please don't go on add things to system (using TiBackupPro) to save Internal storage, as I think the report in start screen is either not accurate or there will be some issues if we keep on converting apps to system-apps.

In my case, TiBackup shows 1.5GB system storage FREE. I have added some 500+MB of normal apps to system. Later my phone became unstable. When I restarted it, it just bootloops...

I now have to restore stock by rsdlite. I took the risk since my MAXX's BL is unlocked. I am teling this from my experience...

Good to know! Yeah, it was looking like not many apps I would've trusted as predictably stable enough to trust as a system convert. Ridiculous waste of space. I don't think I'll be going back to stock. I opened up some space, that's enough. ART may be fun to check out later, hadn't any problems in stock format.