xperia z1 black screen of death

Search This thread

Gorgice

Jun 26, 2010
Long story short the screen never turns on, theres a tiny bit of backlight though and apps are working in the background. I've tryd updates and so on, nothing fixed it.
So my final resort is to change hardware parts...
The thing that i think the problem is, is a faulty motherboard. Is there any way in particular that i can try to test and make sure that the screen really isnt the problem here?

Last edited:

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
Power + Volume Up buttons or the Reset button under the flaps, it will shot down, then power on the phone, do you see any image? (Sony logo, bootanimation)

Gorgice

Jun 26, 2010
Power + Volume Up buttons or the Reset button under the flaps, it will shot down, then power on the phone, do you see any image? (Sony logo, bootanimation)

nope, nothing. just a tiiiiny bit of backlight. phone boots up in the background though, you can hear apps opening and virations

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
without a bespoke hardware testing kit you won't be able to test the parts, changing a part out would work but then you wouldn't know what to change out. could be a few things, loose flex cable, dead backlight, broken inverter (if phones even have them), Broken motherboard.

The list goes on m8, if you can MHL out of the device and go back to stock then I would do that and send it off for repair.

If thats at all possible.