Germany got 4.1.1. tonight for 8010 Wifi!

Search This thread

Jurolino

Oct 4, 2012
Picture says it all. Woke up and suddenly had the notification.

Gesendet von meinem GT-N8010 mit Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355300996242.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355300996242.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 6,144

sergiu84

Feb 25, 2007
Unfortunately both myself and someone else I know are using the previous 4.1.1 leak, so I can't check right now.. tempted just to reflash to stock as soon as. Thanks!

kadaj81

Feb 8, 2010
Hope it'll come soon in uk...!!!

Sent from my GT-N8010 using xda app-developers app

Jurolino

Oct 4, 2012
Was tempted to flash the N8000 & fix, too. But then I said myself just to wait until Christmas. And now I got it on an normal, poor and grey Tuesday morning, when I did expect it the less. ;)

First Impression: All the Butter works and Premium Suite looks just fine.

Good look all others.

Reactions: OnnoJ

samir_a

May 6, 2012
Mumbai
www.androidos.co.in
Yes thanks here are more details

Today Samsung updated their Galaxy Note 10.1 Wi-Fi to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean.
The update is only available in Germany at the moment and downloadable through samfirmware.com
If you have the Galaxy Note 10.1 Wi-Fi in Germany you will receive a OTA update of 300MB
Samsung introduced the Galaxy Note 10.1 at MWC 2012 in Barcelona the Galaxy Note 10.1 uses a 10.1” screen with a quad-core CPU and a 5 megapixel Camera.
The Galaxy Note 10.1 Wi-Fi is Samsung’s first tablet with S-PEN features.
FW details:
Android Version: Android 4.1.1
Product code: GT-N8010EAADBT
PDA: N8010XXBLK9

whee90

Dec 12, 2012
I can confirm, 4.1.1 is out for german unbranded devices.
Looks extremely butterly smooth

Asure

May 13, 2010
If i'm not mistaken for OTA we need original recovery image?
I'm running clockworkmod right now (with reset counter / triangle away) so i guess i won't get the update OTA?

What are the steps to get original recovery back? Normally, on reboot, the tablet would flash it from 'somewhere' with install-recovery.sh right?
So it should be stored in the original rom/flash as well..

KoRoZIV

Aug 27, 2010
Ploiesti
I flashed stock ics, I really am curious if I'll get OTA. I can wait a few days, but my patience is limited :D so I hope it won't take long for my region to get it. What a stupid thing, carrier related firmware for a Wi-Fi only device...

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk HD

Jurolino

Oct 4, 2012
Don't know the exact steps but to get the OTA you need to be on original Rom and have your Flash Counter reseted (Triangle Away). Tutorial is on this forum somewhere, I may have read it in one of the N8000 4.1.1 OTA Threads.

Asure

May 13, 2010
Don't know the exact steps but to get the OTA you need to be on original Rom and have your Flash Counter reseted (Triangle Away). Tutorial is on this forum somewhere, I may have read it in one of the N8000 4.1.1 OTA Threads.

To explain a bit more:

- I had two tablets originally. (EU region Netherlands)
- The first one did a small OTA update for some sort of fix package, i don't know what it fixed exactly.
- I rooted the first one, but this one kept flashing back original recovery
- I used to boot into CWM directly after ODIN to get root
- Rebooted one time, got back original recovery (good!)
- Used triangle away to get flash counter reset.
- Had this one rooted, but original recovery and flash counter 0 :)

Then, i got another one.
- This one never got any OTA update no hard i tried.
- I Figured it was already up-to-date, FW version was same as the first tablet.
- I used the same CWM method to get root
- But it never flashed back the recovery to stock by itself. (oh noes!)
- At this point the first tablet is no longer in my possession..
- I checked with ADB, the install-recovery.sh file is also not in the firmware.. (huh?)

I'm assuming for OTA i need the flash counter at zero, and original recovery, as this OTA is flashed by recovery image..
Unless a version comes out i can flash by KIES i'm sorta screwed :)
(Ps. other than CWM recovery, i'm still on original rom..)

samir_a

May 6, 2012
Mumbai
www.androidos.co.in
If i'm not mistaken for OTA we need original recovery image?
I'm running clockworkmod right now (with reset counter / triangle away) so i guess i won't get the update OTA?

What are the steps to get original recovery back? Normally, on reboot, the tablet would flash it from 'somewhere' with install-recovery.sh right?
So it should be stored in the original rom/flash as well..

It is not advisable to flash the OTA but instead flash the complete firmware as it may not work if you flash OTA for someother region.

You use ODIN to flash the full firmware, which will be what you will get to download at samfirware.

You will need to root the device again

Reactions: Asure

Darkstriker

Oct 19, 2009
i9100
OnePlus 2
Yeah and where will we get a full firmware? From the terribly slow sammobile mirrors -.-
They were much faster a year ago. Now they have slowed to a crawl and all the while the firmwares become ever bigger

KoRoZIV

Aug 27, 2010
Ploiesti
Remember how long it took from the n8000 dbt fw until the other regions got it? I hope it will not be the same with the n8010 and 8013, I mean I hope it will go faster.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can anybody(3 users) who has downloaded the update.zip from my rapidshare account create a mirror? thanks...

Mirror for the update.zip: http://d-h.st/lLB
    What program or method do you use to flash these official roms?

Here’s what you’d need to do.

Basically what you’re doing is replacing your current PDA (MD5) file with the version that the just-released N8010 German JB update’s looking for in order to run. To do that, you’re going to install two files: 1) The German N8010 base ICS ROM followed by 2) the German N8010 update file that updates ICS to JB. The way the two files are installed is different and explained in two steps below.

For the first step, getting the base German ICS ROM installed, it’s easier for those that are stock to use desktop Odin. You can download Odin 1.85 here…

https://www.google.com/search?q=odin+1.85&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-Address&ie=&oe=

Make sure you’ve got Kies installed on your PC because it installs the Windows drivers necessary for Odin to see your device.

Download the base German ICS ROM (CSC=DBT, N8010XXALI3) here…

http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=GT-N8010

Download the JB update file that graffixnyc posted here…

http://d-h.st/lLB

Unzip the German ICS file you downloaded. After it's extracted you should see an MD5 file. That's what you're going to install in step one. Right-click on the Odin EXE file you downloaded and run it as administrator.

Put your device in to “download mode” by turning it off and then restarting it by pressing the power and volume down buttons at the same time. You should see an “are you sure?” message from Samsung. Accept it and your device is now in download mode.

Connect your device to your PC via USB. If the connection’s successful it should look like this…

Next, click on the PDA button and locate the file you extracted (the German ICS ROM) and then click start...

You’ll see the update’s progress in the message box in Odin and via a progress bar on your device. When Odin signal’s it’s finished disconnect your device and it will finish installing the new files.

Now that your device is on the German ICS ROM you can go to step two, applying the JB update file.

Move the update.zip file you downloaded to the root (upper most) directory of an SD card and insert the SD card in to your device.

Turn the device off. This time, when you restart it, you'll press power and volume up at the same time to boot your device in to recovery mode. On the menu of options you should see "update from external SD card." Select it using the volume switch to move up and down and the power switch as enter. Once you select the option, the device should find the update.zip file and install it. If it can't find it it's probably not at the root level of the SD card.

When it’s finished you should be good to go. Some of the Samsung widgets were changed so you’ll have to re-apply them. Also clear cache and data on the Samsung keyboard and make sure a language is set for the handwriting keyboard. Not all apps are JB compatible so if you’re experiencing funkiness I’d start by uninstalling apps that may be old or sketchy.

Good luck!
    OTA File 4.1.1

here we go :)

http://rapidshare.com/files/855490314/update.zip

OTA File 4.1.1/JRO03C/N8010XXBLK9: German BASE: N8010XXALI3_N8010OXAALI3
    I'LL wait for OTA update.

You can actually update without rooting or losing any of your files or settings. There's two choices. 1) What everyone here's doing is installing the base German N8010 ROM over the ROM for their current region and then applying the update (it validates against the base ROM). 2) Wait for Samfirmware to post the complete PDA (MD5) file and then just load that via desktop Odin over your current ROM. The only consequence is you won't get OTA or Kies updates. In Samsung's world the radios, CSC, and PDA files are separate so just updating the PDA file doesn't affect your "stock" status and the device handles the new ROM as an update. When the N8013 version comes out you can just overlay that on top of the German version and you'll be back to "official."

I'll give you an example. My N2 has a Brazilian CSC and was running on a pretty early issue ROM. I downloaded the Puerto Rican version which was the latest release. After I installed it I found out it was for Claro, a Puerto Rican carrier and the changes and bloatware were worse than I've ever seen (they even changed the icons like mail and messaging). I downloaded a Panamanian ROM with the same build date and installed that and was fine because it wasn't a carrier ROM. The whole process took less than an hour and none of my files or settings were touched. Since these are all official Samsung ROMs they don't affect the flash counter on the device.
    @ xuanphucn
    Please don't use quote when responding to the last post, the thread becomes unreadable.

Actually, he should use quote. When people don't quote what they are responding to that makes harder to follow then if they don't quote. You don't use quote when you're not responding to another post.