What screen protector do you use?

Search This thread

jleesd

Jul 26, 2012
Case-Mate POP!

I've been using the case-mate pop's and they're great cases. The rubber on the sides do definitely get stretched and may begin to rip after a year or so. But recently bought a replacement from ebay.
$6.99 and shipping is free, way better than the 25 I paid at the ATT store.
Says seller refurbished but it pretty much just came with no box, looked new.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Case-Mate-P...456521?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item3a76284fc9

j510

Mar 16, 2012
Belkin ultra clear x3 pack. Can't tell its there. Always go for an ultra clear finish no matter the brand.

spacescreamer

Jan 14, 2011
Where will i get the best pricing for Steinheil and Realook screen guards ..?
Any deals or something which might come up in future ?

ARPwizard

Oct 22, 2012
Zagg, but its the int'l version, but I got 2 of them in the box for cheap. So I don't mind so much.

Sent from my SGH-I777

Slavestate

Sep 7, 2010
www.descentrecords.com
I've only had it for a few days but I'm digging my Zagg shield. Even with my grimey fingers, it seems to stay cleaner then without it. It is kinda rubbery/sticky but it works for me. Can't complain it was only $5 and only took like 2 minutes to put it on nice and neat.

Sent from my crack smoking SGH-i777

martydelaney3

Dec 20, 2011
I've had my s2 for over a year now and I'm very rough with it and I can honestly say there is absolutely no need for a screen protector. The gorilla glass is still flawless without a single nick in it.

I also have never needed a case and have dropped it a multitude of times with it taking absolutely no damage besides a few chips in the paint.

If you need confirmation on how rugged this phone is just go to YouTube and look up a few videos of people attacking an s2 with hammers and it surviving basically everything.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

mnuzy

Dec 15, 2012
St. Louis
I've been using the iVisor since I've owned my GS2. I just replaced it after about one year of use and only because I had an issue where my phone got stuck in the cup holder of my vehicle (cup holder cover would not open with phone stuck inside) and i had to use scissors to get it unjammed and i scratched the protector badly. Without it I would have scratched the he'll out of my screen, but with it not a mark on the screen. Super easy to put on. No smudges or glare and no bubbles or anything like that to worry about. Combined with a TC case it provides plenty of protection if you don't use the phone in very harsh environments or conditions and keeps the lightweight and thin profile intact.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

bailey37821

Sep 21, 2012
No screen protector at all. No case either. Phone should be durable enough to last one year. By then I'll be buying a new phone anyways.

although I use a very small non protective case....I agree here with this statement on screen protectors. I have seen folks spend a lot on nice screen protectors, when I can replace the glass for 15.00 even if it did not make it the required year before I switch to a new phone.

HTCTerrorist

Dec 8, 2012
Ewing
I use LifeProtectors (think that's it) it has a great feel, it has a rubber consistancy but it doesn't at all feel sticky.

Sent from my P2H-I777-HTCTerrorist using xda app-developers app

j510

Mar 16, 2012
although I use a very small non protective case....I agree here with this statement on screen protectors. I have seen folks spend a lot on nice screen protectors, when I can replace the glass for 15.00 even if it did not make it the required year before I switch to a new phone.

Spent $15 on a pack of x3 screen protectors. Til this day im on the first one and still nobody including myself can even notice I have a screen protector on. From the looks to the touch.

So lets break it down. $15x 3 seperate screen replacements= $45. Or one time purchase $15 for a pack of x3 screen protectors.

In the end, after 5 years+ when im using this phone as a development phone, my phone will still look the way it was from initial purchase.

Last edited:

thanitos

Apr 30, 2012
I enjoy the feel of the anti glare screen covers

Sent from my LT28at using xda app-developers app

eibbor82

Jan 7, 2013
I use a generic brand I got off Amazon for a few bucks. Have had the same protector on my phone for about a year now and never had problems with it. Does show prints pretty badly, though.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    +10 for the Steinheil Ultra Crystal - I've used the Ultra Crystal (which I managed to scuff somehow after a couple of months, but that's what it's there for!) and this time I got the Ultra Fine. It has a matte finish, which isn't as crystal clear (which bugged me for a while) but it will NOT take fingerprints, smears, anything! So I got over the matte look - it's just too nice to NEVER have a finger smear on the screen.

I did try a couple others before getting these (recommended from another thread), and I learned all about orange peeling, rainbow effect, and why it's worth the extra money :D
    Do they make it for the i777? I can't find it on their site.

Well since they dont have a customer service number on their website (???) i wrote them an email and i was told that they did offer one but they discontinued it because they are focusing more on the new S3, the damn phone is barely a year old! I was pissed! They will def. not get any business from me. Ps their cases suck anyway!
    Steinheil Super Oleophobic here. Can't complain, had a Zagg before but always felt it too sticky but this one's perfect. No fingerprint marks at all.