[Q] lossed everything help!!!!!!

Search This thread

trinitystudio

Jun 4, 2013
Morganton
i am rooted and unlocked and ran a rom well in twrp i accidentally wipe everything internal now i have to way to get zips back to flash them my backup and all is gone and i have zips on ext card but twrp wont mount it please help

qery

Sep 13, 2008
Bratislava
qery.net
i am rooted and unlocked and ran a rom well in twrp i accidentally wipe everything internal now i have to way to get zips back to flash them my backup and all is gone and i have zips on ext card but twrp wont mount it please help

while in recovery, you can use ADB to transfer files to prime from PC via data cable. look for ADB PUSH here on forums

trinitystudio

Jun 4, 2013
Morganton
while in recovery, you can use ADB to transfer files to prime from PC via data cable. look for ADB PUSH here on forums

thanks ill give it a try and get back with you

ok i found and did what it says it sees my prime but im getting this error now failed to write data 'protocal fault <no status>' *3%

Last edited:

trinitystudio

Jun 4, 2013
Morganton
now this

i am runnung this command - adb push pac_tf201_4.3.Build-1_20131003.zip /sdcard/ ..all i get is a protocol failure not sure what that means but i need help bad wiped internal and stuck in twrp recovery

alias4ever

Sep 19, 2011
i am runnung this command - adb push pac_tf201_4.3.Build-1_20131003.zip /sdcard/ ..all i get is a protocol failure not sure what that means but i need help bad wiped internal and stuck in twrp recovery

You need to make sure sure you have all the Android files installed on your PC which I am sure you do. Also, you need to specify where the pac_tf201 build is located. This is what I did to push the version onto my TF201 in Recovery:

adb push c:/pac_tf201_4.3.Build-1_20131003.zip /sdcard/

I did the same with gapps but I made sure that both zip files (rom and gapps) were directly on my C drive and not anywhere else. :) Let me know if you need anymore help as I just barely did this a few days ago. Took me hours to get it but I have learned quite a bit from it. :good:

Edit: Make sure your directory is pointed to your sdk platform-tools folder as well in CMD. :)

trinitystudio

Jun 4, 2013
Morganton
You need to make sure sure you have all the Android files installed on your PC which I am sure you do. Also, you need to specify where the pac_tf201 build is located. This is what I did to push the version onto my TF201 in Recovery:

adb push c:/pac_tf201_4.3.Build-1_20131003.zip /sdcard/

I did the same with gapps but I made sure that both zip files (rom and gapps) were directly on my C drive and not anywhere else. :) Let me know if you need anymore help as I just barely did this a few days ago. Took me hours to get it but I have learned quite a bit from it. :good:

Edit: Make sure your directory is pointed to your sdk platform-tools folder as well in CMD. :)

i have done that all but putting it on the c:\ drive ....yes im pointed to that folder ill try c and get back to you thanks
edit: try c drive thing still a no go still getting protocol failure

Last edited:

alias4ever

Sep 19, 2011
Well im hardbricked now asus wants $324 to fix so NOT!!!!!! Guess its time to go shopping lol

Can you boot into fast boot at all? Or are you stuck at the Asus screen?

---------- Post added at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 AM ----------

Can you boot into fast boot at all? Or are you stuck at the Asus screen?

What would you plan on doing or what does anyone do with a hardbricked Prime as I am curious? Sorry to hear it. :(

trinitystudio

Jun 4, 2013
Morganton
It happens I have done roms for years from droid one to note2 never had a issue till now it was my own mistake so... I guess nothing to do but trash it prob going today to get Samsung note 8 or 10.1

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

kokopuphz

Nov 10, 2010
Do you by any chance have Asus sync running on your pc? It seems that this can interfere with adb.

Try killing all asus related programs on your pc through task manager and then try adb push again.

Sent from my SO-04E using xda app-developers app

Whitlockey

Mar 13, 2014
This is what I'm curious about too. If there were photos on this SD card before you put it in the device, they will remain intact after a security wipe.

This is unclear to me based on the OP: You got the Bold as a graduation gift and would like to start using it i assume. (I also got this bold a couple days ago after my HTC One S died, bringing me to Blackberry after years of faithful service on Android. The 9900 is a great phone)
When you tried to use the phone, you were prompted to input your BBID credentials, which subsequently failed repeatedly. The phone has since been security wiped due to too many failed attempts. Upon opening the phone, the microSD that you had in there is gone.