[Request] Remove NFC From Status Bar

Search This thread

Rhodesy757

Jul 17, 2013
Hey guys....

I am curious if anyone knows of a way to remove the NFC notification from the status bar while it is on. I am using stock rooted with s-off on VZW.

Any help would be much appreciated.

G

GuestD0894

85gallon

For security reasons I keep NFC turned off unless I want to use it. Leaving it on all the time is a potential security hole.

I have a tasker profile that turns NFC on when I go into Google Wallet and it turns it off when I exit wallet.

Therefore I only have the icon up there when wallet is open.

bdorr1105

Sep 6, 2008
For security reasons I keep NFC turned off unless I want to use it. Leaving it on all the time is a potential security hole.

I have a tasker profile that turns NFC on when I go into Google Wallet and it turns it off when I exit wallet.

Therefore I only have the icon up there when wallet is open.

Can you explain what app enables you to do that?

85gallon

Could you actually explain how to do that, looks like you need a Masters Degree for that
You have profiles which are things you want to do. You have tasks that are specific actions.

You will also need secure settings plug in from the Play Store.

Once those are installed create two tasks.

One is NFC On and the other is NFC Off. When creating the tasks you will be on tasks tab. Click the plus sign, name task NFC On. Click the plus sign again and select Plugin then secure settings. Now click the pen/pencil and select System + Actions then select NFC and select On. Then back and save.

Now do the same except name it NFC Off. And do as above except select NFC off instead of NFC on. Back out and save.

Now switch to Profile tab and click the plus sign to create a profile. Select Application. Then select wallet (or any other app that you want NFC to turn on for) It will bring up a list of tasks you have built and select NFC on. Now you will see your profile and it will be expanded and showing that NFC On is the task performed. Now long press the area where it says NFC On (under the profile) and you will get a pop up. Select Exit Task and then GPS Off. Make sure the slider for the profile is set to On.

Now whenever you activate wallet, it will turn on NFC and it will pop up into the status bar.

When you exit wallet, tasker will turn off NFC and the icon will disappear.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53035621&postcount=5633

Last edited:
Reactions: bdorr1105

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You can change it by editing the default.xml for in the ACC folder.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Could you actually explain how to do that, looks like you need a Masters Degree for that
    You have profiles which are things you want to do. You have tasks that are specific actions.

You will also need secure settings plug in from the Play Store.

Once those are installed create two tasks.

One is NFC On and the other is NFC Off. When creating the tasks you will be on tasks tab. Click the plus sign, name task NFC On. Click the plus sign again and select Plugin then secure settings. Now click the pen/pencil and select System + Actions then select NFC and select On. Then back and save.

Now do the same except name it NFC Off. And do as above except select NFC off instead of NFC on. Back out and save.

Now switch to Profile tab and click the plus sign to create a profile. Select Application. Then select wallet (or any other app that you want NFC to turn on for) It will bring up a list of tasks you have built and select NFC on. Now you will see your profile and it will be expanded and showing that NFC On is the task performed. Now long press the area where it says NFC On (under the profile) and you will get a pop up. Select Exit Task and then GPS Off. Make sure the slider for the profile is set to On.

Now whenever you activate wallet, it will turn on NFC and it will pop up into the status bar.

When you exit wallet, tasker will turn off NFC and the icon will disappear.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53035621&postcount=5633