CWM for Tx 4.3 root + deodex for LB

Search This thread

Oohhlala

Jul 12, 2012
you need TX LT29i 4.3 295 root + deodex ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2650844 )
step 1: unable developer options = touch consecutive to build number
then unable USB debugging
step 2: download https://www.mediafire.com/?u24b9dpg2p3362d
then unrar it
step 3: plug the USB cable and run install.bat chose 1 and wait a few seconds then enter to continues
in the display of phone chose grant => ok

Sorry for my bad english :(

You meant untick usb debugging? This is the first time i see a method to install cwm without ticked usb debugging

joonlin

Dec 14, 2011
you need TX LT29i 4.3 295 root + deodex ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2650844 )
step 1: unable developer options = touch consecutive to build number
then tick the USB debugging
step 2: download https://www.mediafire.com/?u24b9dpg2p3362d
then unrar it
step 3: plug the USB cable and run install.bat chose 1 and wait a few seconds then enter to continues
in the display of phone chose grant => ok

Sorry for my bad english :(

I have tried this method.. not working. error on mounting sdcard. You can try to flash something with the CWM and try can it works. :)

Antiga Prime

Sep 25, 2012
Given that I have seen several threads with people trying to root JB 4.3 on the TX, just wanted to share that since day 1 I've been using the kernel stated here with both the leaked version and the official USA version, which has CWM (touch enabled) with which you can then flash SuperSu and have root.

Of course, you need to unlock your bootloader in order to flash that kernel.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but couldn't you just back up your DRM keys (TA_Backup), unlock BL, flash kernel, flash SuperSU (gain root access, obviously), restore TA partition (TA_backup), which restores your locked bootloader (and you don't lose Bravia Engine)?

I'm pretty sure I still had root after restoring my TA partition on JB 4.1.2 (locked bootloader, with CWM and root).

Also, I've had no issues whatsoever with that kernel, about +/- 2 days of battery life on one charge, no reboots, etc.

Last edited:

devilmaycry2020

Apr 27, 2013
Given that I have seen several threads with people trying to root JB 4.3 on the TX, just wanted to share that since day 1 I've been using the kernel stated here with both the leaked version and the official USA version, which has CWM (touch enabled) with which you can then flash SuperSu and have root.

Of course, you need to unlock your bootloader in order to flash that kernel.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but couldn't you just back up your DRM keys (TA_Backup), unlock BL, flash kernel, flash SuperSU (gain root access, obviously), restore TA partition (TA_backup), which restores your locked bootloader (and you don't lose Bravia Engine)?

I'm pretty sure I still had root after restoring my TA partition on JB 4.1.2 (locked bootloader, with CWM and root).

Also, I've had no issues whatsoever with that kernel, about +/- 2 days of battery life on one charge, no reboots, etc.

good to heard that. But did you only restore TA and your phone auto locked bootloader ?

Antiga Prime

Sep 25, 2012
good to heard that. But did you only restore TA and your phone auto locked bootloader ?

Yes, although that's the only thing Backup-TA-9.10 does, it's only for your TA partition. I just remembered that you obviously have to have root access in order for Backup-TA to work, which I already had since I was on the leaked version of 4.3, so obviously I had root since 4.1.2, backed up my TA partition, and then flashed leaked 4.3.

I unlocked and relocked my bootloader several times, each time it worked perfectly. Just follow instructions.

Last edited:

devilmaycry2020

Apr 27, 2013
Yes, although that's the only thing Backup-TA-9.10 does, it's only for your TA partition. I just remembered that you obviously have to have root access in order for Backup-TA to work, which I already had since I was on the leaked version of 4.3, so obviously I had root since 4.1.2, backed up my TA partition, and then flashed leaked 4.3.

I unlocked and relocked my bootloader several times, each time it worked perfectly. Just follow instructions.

good. so basically i have to flash 4.1, root it, backup TA, flash leaked 4.3 (or use CWM flash stock deodexed 4.3),restore TA
and finally i have stock 4,3 with rooted, right ?

thanks for any helps

Antiga Prime

Sep 25, 2012
good. so basically i have to flash 4.1, root it, backup TA, flash leaked 4.3 (or use CWM flash stock deodexed 4.3),restore TA
and finally i have stock 4,3 with rooted, right ?

thanks for any helps

Well, you don't need CWM yet. The point is unlocking the bootloader so that you can flash the kernel I linked to above. Once you have an unlocked bootloader, you can flash any of the official 4.3 FTF files, and then flash the kernel, which comes with CWM.

Now, I backed up my TA partition while on 4.1.2, and only relocked the bootloader also while on 4.1.2, NOT 4.3, but since the DRM keys depend on your IMEI (as far as I know) and not on what ROM you're using, I don't see why there should be a problem. And since it does not affect the kernel or boot partition, your CWM should remain intact (AFAIK).

The good thing is that Backup-TA-9.10 has an option to just do a "dry-run restore". What this does is basically test the restore of the TA partition to see if all is good, and that way you don't need to actually risk something without knowing the outcome. If it detects it will fail, it will let you know, and you won't have had to restore something that would fail.

As you can see in the attached image, I did a "dry-run" restore (Backup made on 4.1.2 Global, and I'm currently on 4.3 USA official), and it detected no errors, so it would essentially relock your bootloader and restore your DRM keys. I haven't restored it because I have no interest in a locked bootloader, nor do I want to experiment with my phone right now.

As a reminder: Only restore your own TA partition/DRM keys; flashing one that does not belong to your phone will hardbrick it beyond recovery.

Edit: Found a post which supports my claim that relocking BL won't affect root.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts