[ROM][KK][BETA] _- XmT4G -_ \\ Xperia ROM for the myTouch4G \\ 22.04.2014

Search This thread

CedArctic

Jun 11, 2012
Hey guys! :)

I know some people have noticed that I and team Pear Crew have disappeared from the xda scene. We did it to create a build server and everything. Our donations were able to fund all this. Unfortunately disaster hit our equipment and we are back to the basics. This ROM was created in under an hour because I saw the "New rom?" thread and I felt bad for this device. As a dev, my purpose was to keep alive the MSM8255 devices for as long as possible. I can't hear people saying that this device is too low for kitkat! Unacceptable! THE XPERIA X8 IS RUNNING KITKAT AND PRETTY SMOOTH TOO! Why can't an MSM8255 device get some chocolate? Team Pear Crew is back in business. We may not have our equipment and servers, our ROMs may be built on pentium machines but we will continue to support the community of legacy devices. Also we should create a software upgrade petition for HTC to see. Anyways until then I present to you our first KK ROM for the mT4G. More roms will follow.

This is a beta ROM. I have no responsibility if it breaks your device somehow and creates any sort of damage.

This ROM is Xperia Themed and optimized to deliver the full sony experience. Sounds and some other apps will be integrated in the future to come stable release. For now I give you the Beta build: Centaur .

Please if you download come back and bug report to make this ROM better even faster. The crew does not own such a device since we can not afford it. We rely heavily on our testers to tell us what is going on. Consider a donation if you like our work.

Download: XmT4G - Centaur

Credits:

Team Pear Crew
CyanogenMod
coderzs - base ROM
rizallovins - xperia apps
ashishdubey - xperia apps
akateha
paparigas
Family
Friends
XDA community

DavilaDarkness

Sep 18, 2013
Really looking forward to this!!! (With working tmobile WifiCalling I would donate XD)
DevHost is mad at me wont let me download...
I will try download at home and report any bugs.

intraCore

Nov 7, 2013
I'm hopefully trying this out tonight if I can get access to an XP machine... unless you have a way for Win 8.1 to recognize the HTC Glacier to use with adb.

Edit: Just rooted and installed CWM again and installed your ROM - installed quickly and smoothly! Album crashed right at the first boot and I haven't tried anything yet, but I will say the icons are tiny and I want that sick boot logo on my Nexus 5. Where can I get it? I'm sure if I extract it, it won't be the right resolution for a Nexus 5 anyway. I'm going to enjoy exploring this ROM now. Thanks!

Last edited:

intraCore

Nov 7, 2013
From what I've seen so far:

Working:
--Wi-Fi
--gapps-jb-20130813-signed
--Superuser access for apps
--Chrome, Clean Master, YouTube (update Google Play Services and reboot), a game (all apps?)

Glitches:
--Unfortunately Album has stopped (at boot)
--process com.android.phone has stopped (loops for short while) (no SIM inserted if that's why)

Issues/Not Working:
--Browser doesn't display websites properly (other apps like Chrome work fine)
--screenshots are blank with some sort of pattern
--recents are all glitchy icons
--Themes shortcut goes nowhere and installed themes don't show in the theme settings
--Hangouts likes to crash (happened after enabling SMS and signing out of my Google account in Hangouts)

It runs pretty smoothly - KitKat's meant to run well on devices with low RAM so that's great!
Keep up the awesome work! It's so nice to breathe new life into my HTC Glacier (originally 2.2.1 - wow)

I figured out how to sort and uninstall apps. Just swipe from the left. That was easy.

Last edited:

jaibar

Feb 2, 2011
Underwater, no Sh!t
picasaweb.google.com

Working:
--Wi-Fi
--Chrome, Clean Master, YouTube (update Google Play Services and reboot), a game (all apps?)

Glitches:
--process com.android.phone has stopped (loops for short while) (no SIM inserted if that's why)

Issues/Not Working:
--Themes shortcut goes nowhere and installed themes don't show in the theme settings
--Hangouts likes to crash (happened after enabling SMS and signing out of my Google account in Hangouts)

It runs pretty smoothly - KitKat's meant to run well on devices with low RAM so that's great!
Keep up the awesome work! It's so nice to breathe new life into my HTC Glacier (originally 2.2.1 - wow)

I figured out how to sort and uninstall apps. Just swipe from the left. That was easy.

Thanks for reporting!

I'll try it later today with SIM card inserted.

Anyway, from what you report (e.g. blank/patterned screenshots etc) it seems we are facing the same problems as in the other existing KK ROMs (e.g. elginsk8r/Evervolv, Coderzs/Legacy and Keifus/AOKP)?

But, it is so much refreshing to read OP- I really felt glad that CedArctic is keeping the Glacier alive :fingers-crossed: I had several phones since MT4G, but at some point all of them died somehow, broke down, showed signs of wear- but Glacier is a real workhorse! All those years it looks as new, it refuses to break and feels solid as a rock in my hands. I just love this device :D

CedArctic

Jun 11, 2012
This ROM is currently beign secondarily developed. Our first priority is the upload of the OptiKat ROM for the glacier that we have been developing for a while. I will try to release it within the week. It seems quite stable too.

Reactions: jaibar

intraCore

Nov 7, 2013
Thanks for reporting!

Anyway, from what you report (e.g. blank/patterned screenshots etc) it seems we are facing the same problems as in the other existing KK ROMs (e.g. elginsk8r/Evervolv, Coderzs/Legacy and Keifus/AOKP)?

But, it is so much refreshing to read OP- I really felt glad that CedArctic is keeping the Glacier alive :fingers-crossed: I had several phones since MT4G, but at some point all of them died somehow, broke down, showed signs of wear- but Glacier is a real workhorse! All those years it looks as new, it refuses to break and feels solid as a rock in my hands. I just love this device :D

Someone gave me the device because the camera and headphone jack were busted and he thought I'd have fun with it. It's the device that made me snap out of my iOS-fanby mindset and switch to Android and buy my lovely Nexus 5. I have an extended battery for the Glacier because it needs it. I like the hardware buttons and after all the crazy steps to root it and install CWM, it's easy to flash everything. I do wish TWRP was available, but CWM will do. I haven't tried other KitKat ROMs so I didn't know about the graphic glitch issues yet.

I'd like to know about the SIM, too :)

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

This ROM is currently beign secondarily developed. Our first priority is the upload of the OptiKat ROM for the glacier that we have been developing for a while. I will try to release it within the week. It seems quite stable too.

This is the first I'm hearing of this. Will you announce it in this thread? I don't check for new topics for the Glacier much. I'd definitely want to get in on this. Thanks for all your work!

Edit: Has anyone figured out how to stop the device from waking/flickering?

Last edited:
Reactions: jaibar

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys! :)

I know some people have noticed that I and team Pear Crew have disappeared from the xda scene. We did it to create a build server and everything. Our donations were able to fund all this. Unfortunately disaster hit our equipment and we are back to the basics. This ROM was created in under an hour because I saw the "New rom?" thread and I felt bad for this device. As a dev, my purpose was to keep alive the MSM8255 devices for as long as possible. I can't hear people saying that this device is too low for kitkat! Unacceptable! THE XPERIA X8 IS RUNNING KITKAT AND PRETTY SMOOTH TOO! Why can't an MSM8255 device get some chocolate? Team Pear Crew is back in business. We may not have our equipment and servers, our ROMs may be built on pentium machines but we will continue to support the community of legacy devices. Also we should create a software upgrade petition for HTC to see. Anyways until then I present to you our first KK ROM for the mT4G. More roms will follow.

This is a beta ROM. I have no responsibility if it breaks your device somehow and creates any sort of damage.

This ROM is Xperia Themed and optimized to deliver the full sony experience. Sounds and some other apps will be integrated in the future to come stable release. For now I give you the Beta build: Centaur .

Please if you download come back and bug report to make this ROM better even faster. The crew does not own such a device since we can not afford it. We rely heavily on our testers to tell us what is going on. Consider a donation if you like our work.

Download: XmT4G - Centaur

Credits:

Team Pear Crew
    CyanogenMod
    coderzs - base ROM
    rizallovins - xperia apps
    ashishdubey - xperia apps
    akateha
    paparigas
    Family
    Friends
    XDA community

Working:
    --Wi-Fi

Glitches:

Issues/Not Working:

Thanks for reporting!

Someone gave me the device because the camera and headphone jack were busted and he thought I'd have fun with it. It's the device that made me snap out of my iOS-fanby mindset and switch to Android and buy my lovely Nexus 5. I have an extended battery for the Glacier because it needs it. I like the hardware buttons and after all the crazy steps to root it and install CWM, it's easy to flash everything. I do wish TWRP was available, but CWM will do. I haven't tried other KitKat ROMs so I didn't know about the graphic glitch issues yet.

I'd like to know about the SIM, too :)

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

This is the first I'm hearing of this. Will you announce it in this thread? I don't check for new topics for the Glacier much. I'd definitely want to get in on this. Thanks for all your work!

Edit: Has anyone figured out how to stop the device from waking/flickering?