[Updated:14-May] Opera Mini 4.2 CAB/OEM for VGA/QVGA

Search This thread

ianmorse

Jul 13, 2008
Hi Guys,

First off, thanks so much. I love having opera mini on my device. I'm using a treo 700w, however and everything's working except when I ran the wm5 OM default browser cab, it installed succesfully, but when I click on a link outside a browser, it doesn't do anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Correction: it does do something. It executes the keypresses that would bring up the link in opera mini if opera mini were already open. However, it does not open opera mini first. Does anyone know of a fix for this?

aa125690

Aug 6, 2007
Hong Kong
With this Jbed version I found a error in Opera mini (at least for me). I could not use the stylus to hilight text. So I think the older version is better...
Yep, I find that issue too. But maybe it's not a bug. It may be some kind of feature update...

And at least, this version can let me install Opera Mini independently, but the stand-alone Esmertec Jave 20080428.2.1 cannot.

schelbi

Oct 7, 2007
Satteldorf
www.xlv750.de
Cab not working on Artemis?

I installed you cab to my HTC Artemis.

Installation on SD card was no problem. After that I launched first Java then Opera. After the Installing Opera screen there comes a error message:

Failed to connect to the internet
java.io.IOException: null

Do you know what I did wrong?

Thanks.

Schelbi.

ianmorse

Jul 13, 2008
Correction: it does do something. It executes the keypresses that would bring up the link in opera mini if opera mini were already open. However, it does not open opera mini first. Does anyone know of a fix for this?

Does anyone know why clicking on a link on my treo 700w would do this after I install the wm5 default browser cab? I could really use some help.

Thanks,

Ian

kruch

Sep 17, 2007
cab?

Where you people got a 20080610 build cab from?? Thanks!

EDIT: Ignore it please, found a link.

Last edited:

orvillinhio

Sep 15, 2007
Great Stuff !!!

This is absolutely great. I've just recently discovered the smooth functionality
in opera mini and it was love at first sight:p. I have used opera mobile 9.5 before, but
it was starting up very slow on my kaiser and sometimes the rendering of the page wasn't complete after
the first time loading. It looks very nice tough.

This cab is exactly what i was looking for, a one touch solution to fire up opera mini.

Thanks very much.

kleptodathief

Jul 13, 2008
opera is the FASTEST to load huge picture sites but it has no ZOOM?
also dusnt look that good on vga screens...i find it kinda small

anyone gave a good vga opera mini? wat version?

cheers

bornotty

Jan 11, 2008
Bombay
Can someone please upload the file on this thread, i cant use that link from my mobile, please attach this file fast. thanx

bornotty

Jan 11, 2008
Bombay

thanx very much:) just finished downloading.. please tell me that can i play symbian s60 games here too.. i know its for java only but as the first post said i can run s60 games too.. and in the new jbed java 3d games are not supporting neither the soft keys are showing for running java application.. please help..

Last edited:

szanka

Apr 30, 2008
Hello
Is it possoble to run this on wm2003se device? I have hp6515 and when I try to install it it says: "the ... is not a valid win ce setup file"

ianmorse

Jul 13, 2008
default browser

Is there a way to manually set up opera mini as the default browser? The cabs aren't working for me. I have a treo 700w

frederikk

Mar 22, 2008
Hi,

i tried to install the cab on a diamond and not working... i tried to launch opera mini, but thep age stay white. I had a shorcut in the prog menu, and no security asking when i connect.

Then i reinstalled the last version of opera mini ( 4.1.11355 i think ) and now it's working again but no way to bypass the security connect question... even with modifyng the selector.utf file... manuallay of with the fix program....

Does somebody manage to hae a fully working opera mini on the diamond ? ( i know there is opera mobile on this celll but opera mini is incredibly faster and furthermore it passes via the opera mini proxies so the amount of data is lighter than charging all the page on the cell and showing it smaller ( hope i'm clear enough... sorry i'm french :) )
So diamond + operam ini ? someone managed to make it work ?

Ciao
Fred

frederikk

Mar 22, 2008
In fact now i got a link in the start / programs menu, but not working... how can i suppress this link ? or modify it.. perhaps a problem with the number of the managed midlet due to all the install/desinstall i made...

Ciao
Fred

Edit : i managed to delete this link, but no way to put a valid one... but no matter i'm more annoyed by the security confirmation when i try to connect... :(

Last edited:

onlinespending

Sep 2, 2007
any chance this all-in-one cab for Opera Mini can be updated to the latest version?

The latest version from the Opera website is 4.1.11355, while the one in the first thread is 4.1.11320.

Thanks!

shiranmotha

Feb 25, 2008
Colombo
any chance this all-in-one cab for Opera Mini can be updated to the latest version?

The latest version from the Opera website is 4.1.11355, while the one in the first thread is 4.1.11320.

Thanks!

There is nothing new or improved in 4.1.11355 for Pocket PC. All the improvements in 4.1.11355 compared to 4.1.11320 are for Blackberry symbian & palm OS. So no need of a upgrade for the moment....

wawing_b

Aug 20, 2008
Malang
i want to say so many thanks, becoz since i owned the Atom Life...i've been looking for such a software to acomodate my needs

using opera mobile or the mobile internet explorer are really unsatisfying, it took a lot of memories and also some credit, especially when it downloading the data from the internet....

bravo, and once again lots of thank you