[MOD][Xposed][4.0.3+] SlicedToast 1.2 Shortens toasts below minimum

Search This thread

abellujan

Jul 22, 2014
San Jose
Hello everyone, this is my first xposed mod. I've always been annoyed with how long even the short toasts are, around 2 seconds, and since using BurntToast by MohammadAG the big toasts seemed to get in the way since they took so long. So in short this mod lets you make toasts shorter than the minimum and anywhere in between up to the maximum toast length. I've also added an option to disable toasts altogether if you're so inclined. I'll be uploading to the repository soon, just wanted to post here first.

Thanks all!

edit: I've updated the mod to have a more streamlined menu and to no longer require a soft reboot to make settings stick. I've also added a button to test your toast.

Attachments

• SlicedToast.apk
    247.3 KB · Views: 1,397
Last edited:

jrbxx7

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 18, 2011
Works great on Note 3. Thanks

TaPpEd from my XpOsEd 4.4.2 NIII

_moelle

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jan 24, 2014
NRW
awesome! i were just searching something to hide every toast, kernel tweaker just kills it withall that toast on boot of phone. your mod is perfect! easy as effective. enhancedtoasts etc were to complicated in their use.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

nycwtod

Oct 17, 2010
Works great. Is it possible to disable toasts for specific apps rather than everything?

Last edited:

hamsup1o

Mar 12, 2005
Could you clarify what this module does? Is it shortening the time the toast is displayed? or shortening the size of the toast? TIA!

AndroidDeveloperLB

Mar 30, 2014
can you also add the ability of swipe-to-remove the toasts?
also maybe have the ability to customize their default looks ?
for example, show which app (icon and/or package name) has created the toast.
or maybe a background (maybe of a real toast :) ) ?

Kucharskov

Feb 13, 2012
Sosnowiec
Kucharskov.pl
PM from Turkish translator

I also changed Sliced Toasts please change that, trust me it was little complex. This is better.

Choose Toast Length - Toast'ın ekranda kalacağı süreyi seçin
Check to use a custom length - Süre için özel değer girin
Custom (maximum 3000ms) - Değer (En fazla 3000ms)

And don't forget to check upper case-lower case. Choose Toast Length = They should be lower case.

catchjeff

Dec 21, 2011
WTF, it does not work for me on my Note 3. I selected disable all but I still get the freaking google play toasts and other toasts.

-Rye-

Dec 30, 2012
Sorry for the inconvenient late reply,
but:

What file/s exactly does this tweak target ?

.xml files inside the framework-res.apk ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone, this is my first xposed mod. I've always been annoyed with how long even the short toasts are, around 2 seconds, and since using BurntToast by MohammadAG the big toasts seemed to get in the way since they took so long. So in short this mod lets you make toasts shorter than the minimum and anywhere in between up to the maximum toast length. I've also added an option to disable toasts altogether if you're so inclined. I'll be uploading to the repository soon, just wanted to post here first.

Thanks all!

edit: I've updated the mod to have a more streamlined menu and to no longer require a soft reboot to make settings stick. I've also added a button to test your toast.