[Q] Should I downgrade to ZV8?

Search This thread

renold458

Nov 19, 2013
Providence, RI
Whats up guys!

So Ive been fiddling around with this phone since Ive gotten it, had my fair share of good and bad moments but all good now. However, Ive been realizing that I dont live in a Spark area so these new updates dont seem to have anything worthwile. I also heard that recent OTAs have been affecting the phones data, sometimes knocking people to 3G when they know they are in a 4G area. So for me, I want an opinion. Should I drop down to ZV8? The reason I ask is people dont seem to complain much about it AND people have been able to install CyanogenMod on that radio. Im on ZVD now, and the stock android experience has always been my favorite.

lurtis

Apr 14, 2012
I was just on zv8 seeing if I liked it...
I'm not in a spark area either. But LTE still drops constantly here in Cincinnati anyway. There's also some other little issues with zv8 such as no immersive mode while watching video, the screen tends to do a weird dimming too depending on what's on your screen (with autobrightness off even).

Personally I'd stick with KK.
CM isn't that stable. If your gonna try other aosp based Roms give slimkat a go its been the best/bugfree for me...and no need to downgrade your baseband

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Free mobile app

renold458

Nov 19, 2013
Providence, RI
I'm not in a spark area either. But LTE still drops constantly here in Cincinnati anyway. There's also some other little issues with zv8 such as no immersive mode while watching video, the screen tends to do a weird dimming too depending on what's on your screen (with autobrightness off even).

CM isn't that stable. If your gonna try other aosp based Roms give slimkat a go its been the best/bugfree for me...and no need to downgrade your baseband

Id be able to move up to KK with CM no? And I know its not very stable, even when I had it on my old Optimus G it still had its quirks but nothing I couldnt deal with. But those bugs with ZV8 do sound annoying, and I did stumble upon slimkat but for some reason I was turned off by it. I guess Ill give it a try.

Reactions: lurtis

lurtis

Apr 14, 2012
Id be able to move up to KK with CM no? And I know its not very stable, even when I had it on my old Optimus G it still had its quirks but nothing I couldnt deal with. But those bugs with ZV8 do sound annoying, and I did stumble upon slimkat but for some reason I was turned off by it. I guess Ill give it a try.

Cm is kk yes I believe...but you need the old zv8 baseband still to get it to boot which breaks autorotation. There may be a hacked radio somewhere on these forums but I forget. Personally it scares me changing radios as I've seen devices get hard bricked from it.

renold458

Nov 19, 2013
Providence, RI
Cm is kk yes I believe...but you need the old zv8 baseband still to get it to boot which breaks autorotation. There may be a hacked radio somewhere on these forums but I forget. Personally it scares me changing radios as I've seen devices get hard bricked from it.

Yeah I was going to downgrade through a ZV8 tot, that would work correct?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.