What is stopping you from using CM9/AOKP as a daily?

Search This thread

rocket321

Jan 29, 2009
Battery life is the only thing. Otherwise I find cm9 basically perfect. I had to go back to el29 to have a battery that will last through the day no problem. I'm hoping kernel tweaks will get aosp roms a bit more friendly to battery life.

I will definitely test the upcoming releases of cm with high hopes. Thanks to all the epic and epic touch devs!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA

lilajrestnom

Jul 31, 2011
Philadelphia
I've got mine for free over two years ago after speaking to retentions and threatening to leave if I had no signal at home. Kept my original Airave until now, new Airvana model with 3g is on its way now - with no monthly charges. Before I am accused of freeloading, have to say that wife's VZW S3 actually picks up signal in the basement without needing a femtocell.

So it should be 100% free right? That's not what the guy told me a few months back when I tried to get one. But ill try again on Monday lol.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
So it should be 100% free right? That's not what the guy told me a few months back when I tried to get one. But ill try again on Monday lol.

Yes if you have enough credit for an additional line. You will only pay communication taxes on the additional linemfor the Airave which is like 2 or 3 bucks a month.

Sent from my PantechP4100 using xda premium

danipoak

Feb 27, 2012

They charge $5 a month per line for airave service. I got this waived by *****ing enough about not having service in the apartment. And they say the airave does not broadcast 3g but mine definitely does and has for 2.5 years.

KennyG123

Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
The Airave certainly does have 3G. It is the older Airvana that didn't. And they never tried to charge me $5 a month. Just the taxes I stated earlier.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

Reactions: zanderman112

KennyG123

Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
I thought the airwave works by connecting you to their network through your home wifi? If that's the case how can it broadcast 3g?

Sent from my SPH-D700 CM9 RC2 ANDROID 4.0.4

It has a 3G radio and cell receiver that it transmits over the internet. You get full 3G speed of about 1.7Mbs but why would you use it if you can have WiFi?

danipoak

Feb 27, 2012
The Airave certainly does have 3G. It is the older Airvana that didn't. And they never tried to charge me $5 a month. Just the taxes I stated earlier.

They waive it for a lot of people. The standard is $5 per line. I know because I had to fight it. I guess that explains the 3g. They must have just been transitioning when they sent mine and hadn't updated the info on 3g.

Fdarkness

May 30, 2012
Realized I needed to update my sensors and horizontal calibrate. Used the SD launch from to fix it all.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using AOKP

gfdos.sys

Jan 23, 2012
Please share what is preventing you from using ICS roms.

JellyBean ROMS.... so I guess technically butter.... which is ironically a dairy product that is in a solid state at room temperature.... now THAT is what I call PROGRESS.
<grin>

That and having to post 10 Humorous posts exposing my normally luker fix-it-my-selfer sense of humor before I can pipe up with a single "moment-of-brilliance" post, that evokes a "Who was that masked man" moment for my fellow xda-devs.

gfdos

Last edited:

flastnoles11

Nov 16, 2011
Palm bay
OnePlus 9 Pro
JellyBean ROMS.... so I guess technically butter.... which is ironically a dairy product that is in a solid state at room temperature.... now THAT is what I call PROGRESS.
<grin>

That and having to post 10 Humorous posts exposing my normally luker fix-it-my-selfer sense of humor before I can pipe up with a single "moment-of-brilliance" post, that evokes a "Who was that masked man" moment for my fellow xda-devs.

gfdos

Who is this guy? Jk...

gfdos.sys

Jan 23, 2012
kennyglass123 said:
It has a 3G radio and cell receiver that it transmits over the internet. You get full 3G speed of about 1.7Mbs but why would you use it if you can have WiFi?

Becaue your spouse is going to hold on to their Palm Pixi until OpenWebOS is released "in the coming weeks"

hey you asked

Last edited:

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing
Please share what is preventing you from using ICS roms. The Cyanogenmod developers for the Epic do not know what to fix unless you tell them. Currently I feel that CM9 is fully working for the Epic and have not run into a bug. It feels more stable than a stock ROM to me.

Please try to reproduce the issue on a clean CM9 (latest version) without a custom kernel and after wiping data before posting.

I've posted this issue on CM bugtracker but they ask for logcat and I can't present one (don't know how AND this is a random issue so impossible for that)
Gotta post it here:

The prob lasts from CM9 Beta4 to the latest RC2 Nightlies. Often when I wake the phone up from sleep, live wallpaper stops moving and when I pull down the statusbar it's empty (aside from carrier label). Only after 10+ secs will everything recover and LWP start moving again.
Tried disabling my task manager, won't work. Tried static wallpaper, no luck (drawer still appears blank). Triple-wiped and clean install, not better. Dunno why.
AOKP has this issue for me too, but ParanoidAndroid doesn't (maybe related to its tablet UI)
As said above this is a random issue so I guess even if I know how to produce a logcat I won't be able to get one.

---------- Post added at 08:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------

What's stopping me from using CM9 or AOKP as my daily driver?

My Galaxy Nexus.

Sent from my AOSP Android 4.1.1 Galaxy Nexus

LOL!

zman519

Oct 27, 2010
the Land of Beer & Cheese
I've posted this issue on CM bugtracker but they ask for logcat and I can't present one (don't know how AND this is a random issue so impossible for that)
Gotta post it here:

The prob lasts from CM9 Beta4 to the latest RC2 Nightlies. Often when I wake the phone up from sleep, live wallpaper stops moving and when I pull down the statusbar it's empty (aside from carrier label). Only after 10+ secs will everything recover and LWP start moving again.
Tried disabling my task manager, won't work. Tried static wallpaper, no luck (drawer still appears blank). Triple-wiped and clean install, not better. Dunno why.
AOKP has this issue for me too, but ParanoidAndroid doesn't (maybe related to its tablet UI)
As said above this is a random issue so I guess even if I know how to produce a logcat I won't be able to get one.

---------- Post added at 08:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------

LOL!

I see a similar problem, When I turn on my phone out of sleep, some times the dropdown will only say sprint & have no switches no nothing only "sprint" the way I fix it is by turning the phone 90 & when it flips they all come right back

Rocking cm9

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing
I see a similar problem, When I turn on my phone out of sleep, some times the dropdown will only say sprint & have no switches no nothing only "sprint" the way I fix it is by turning the phone 90 & when it flips they all come right back

Rocking cm9

Will try that out when I nandroid back to CM9 tomorrow, thanks for the tip (but rotating every time seems lame... so this could be related to some process update issue)

superherorockstar

May 3, 2011
I can't seem to find out if ics supports app to sd. I know for a fact that my transformer does not. This is the one and only thing preventing me from taking the plunge.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please share what is preventing you from using ICS roms. The Cyanogenmod developers for the Epic do not know what to fix unless you tell them. Currently I feel that CM9 is fully working for the Epic and have not run into a bug. It feels more stable than a stock ROM to me.

Please try to reproduce the issue on a clean CM9 (latest version) without a custom kernel and after wiping data before posting.
    Punctuation.

Sent from my SPH-D700 CM9 4.0.4
    I'm new to this so bare with me I recently rooted and am running cm9 beta3 and the reloaded update but right after the reloaded update I'm not able to access mass storage when conected to pc and on phone I get "unfortunately ui has stopped" any suggestions!

Don't use reloaded then. Run cm9 the way the devs built it.

Sent from my SPH-D700 CM9 ANDROID 4.0.4
    Oh and Marcus you owe me a TWNyan.
    Me takes you into the android police for bribing an officer(Mod).
    You have the right to silence your phone, anything you type or code will be used against you in a court of technology, you have the superuser right to have a...... U get the joke tried to do all the miranda rights but its not that funny.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

Shoulda said "Anything you type or code will be used in open source.".

Lol.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2