[ROMS] Unofficial AOKP JB 4.2.2 Builds [PUB][Jul - 23] (m7ul/mako/manta/maguro/toro)

Search This thread

KestrelX

Nov 23, 2012
Re: [ROMS] Unofficial AOKP JB 4.2.2 Builds [PUB][Feb - 25] (mako/manta/maguro/toro)

Thanks bigxie! Manta and mako looking good so far.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

hanspampel

Dec 7, 2011
So i installed it for my N10. Good work bigxie.:good: But one question, is it compiled with Linaro 4.7 or something else? Im not a fan of benchmarking, but the last build i had on my N10(this one) i got so much higher scores with that build. With yours i got 3.000 points less in AnTuTu. I tried 2 custom kernel and the stock one, but no chance to get the score from 16.200 back.

haelmchen

Feb 7, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
Reading through OP I noticed something:

1. Download build for your device
2. Download latest gapps here: http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2012857
3. Install both using TWRP or CWR (ROM, then GAPPS)
4. Wipe cache and dalvik (if coming from AOKP) / Factory Reset (if from another ROM)
5. Toggle your swagger on

Shouldn´t I first wipe and then install ROM and GAPPS? So change Point 3 and 4?

khanh1289

Aug 10, 2010
Re: [ROMS] Unofficial AOKP JB 4.2.2 Builds [PUB][Feb - 25] (mako/manta/maguro/toro)

I used to wipe before flash then figured it's more efficient to wipe after. Shouldn't matter, but with twrp wipe after is more efficient.

Sent from my Blenzderz 9000

CerB

Aug 23, 2008
Nyborg
any new features ?

I dont understand their changelog, so i ask insteed :)

i am missing wallpaper on lockscreen and lockscreen targets :)

Hanny

Feb 5, 2011
Hong Kong
I used to wipe before flash then figured it's more efficient to wipe after. Shouldn't matter, but with twrp wipe after is more efficient.

by "efficient" you mean they make the 1-press-button for you there after flashing am i correct? or are there any other technical explanations that i may have missed? :p
im just used to wipe before i flash since like 2 years ago, anyways afaik when the necessary things are cleaned up during the first boot after flash, its fine, no matter when and how many times you wipe in recovery :)

ddloco

Jun 20, 2010
Rialto,Ca
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

So i installed it for my N10. Good work bigxie.:good: But one question, is it compiled with Linaro 4.7 or something else? Im not a fan of benchmarking, but the last build i had on my N10(this one) i got so much higher scores with that build. With yours i got 3.000 points less in AnTuTu. I tried 2 custom kernel and the stock one, but no chance to get the score from 16.200 back.

Yeah something's changed my scores suck on antutu with the Feb 25 release I'm on the nexus4 with trin 107 kernel

Sent from The Department Of Nexus 4 Life

TDON4L

khanh1289

Aug 10, 2010

by "efficient" you mean they make the 1-press-button for you there after flashing am i correct? or are there any other technical explanations that i may have missed? :p
im just used to wipe before i flash since like 2 years ago, anyways afaik when the necessary things are cleaned up during the first boot after flash, its fine, no matter when and how many times you wipe in recovery :)

yes that's what I meant. Sometimes, things are "clean" or not is all dependent upon the Rom too. Some devs code into their Rom for wiping, some doesn't.

_Johnito_

May 10, 2009
Paris
OnePlus 11
Yeah something's changed my scores suck on antutu with the Feb 25 release I'm on the nexus4 with trin 107 kernel
TDON4L

Nope, nothing like it on my Nexus 4. Antutu even shows improvements with this new release (mostly RAM and some CPU integer) _ I jumped from 20,332 to 21,271. I'm using latest Franco kernel and did a full wipe FYI.

Last edited:

dajogejr

Apr 20, 2011
I've been dirty flashing (install, wipe cache and dalvik) for quite a few versions now.
NO issues at all.

I'm going to run this ROM as is for a day or two before I try Trinity Kernel.
Each time I use my device, and update this ROM, I'm surprised by how well it runs.

I've tried all the Kernels, and for me...Trinity is the best. Franco is good as well.

Thanks to Big for picking this up and running with it.

digitalrurouni

Nov 2, 2010

I also second the folks who say antutu took a drop in scores. I don't over clock but I was used to seeing mid 13k scores now its not even making it to 13k.

I think it could be an update made to the benchmark even since there was an update for the app a few days ago.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

iknight8

Sep 30, 2010
Last edited:

wptski

Dec 8, 2011
Warren, MI
I also second the folks who say antutu took a drop in scores. I don't over clock but I was used to seeing mid 13k scores now its not even making it to 13k.

I think it could be an update made to the benchmark even since there was an update for the app a few days ago.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
Nope, I just got Antutu yesterday and comparing to mrRobinson's build for the N10 there a good drop in scores, 14732/17403.

Top Liked Posts