[HELP] Q&A Thread - MUST POST ALL QUESTIONS HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

alidsd

Jun 10, 2011
There will be ICS on March/April this year. Don't fret. :) There are some beta/Alpha ROM here on MIUI version and CM 9 version.

Thanks for answer, here is one more question that internally it has low memory for application because not all the applications can be transfered to external memory so Is there any support for A2SD or A2SD+ ???

hansip87

Jan 14, 2011
Jakarta
Thanks for answer, here is one more question that internally it has low memory for application because not all the applications can be transfered to external memory so Is there any support for A2SD or A2SD+ ???

Well actually, you need to read my tutorial down below. :) i pointed some tweak to move restricted application to SD just by using adb command from computer. Link2sd and a2sd surely works, but it's not native so it will eat more Ram too.

For me, my phone still have some 120mb of free ROM storage on the phone, with all the games moved to sd. :)

@chiefy009: i think you should stick my thread mate. No hard feeling? :)

Sent from my ST18i using XDA App

Well actually, you need to read my tutorial down below. :) i pointed some tweak to move restricted application to SD just by using adb command from computer. Link2sd and a2sd surely works, but it's not native so it will eat more Ram too.

For me, my phone still have some 120mb of free ROM storage on the phone, with all the games moved to sd. :)

@chiefy009: i think you should stick my thread mate. No hard feeling? :)

Sent from my ST18i using XDA App

Well I tried link2sd lastnight and it cant mount sd partition on boot.

Sent from my ST18i using xda premium

ko93

Jan 8, 2012
I have a problem with games gameloft, after I install the apk can not download data file:(:(

syin16

Oct 9, 2010
Teluk Intan
i tried link2sd on my phone, works flawlessly, partition is fat32 if im not mistaken, any difference for fat32 or ext2,3,4 types?

Nolimits87

Jan 19, 2011
pc companion has problems. Two days that I try to install stock rom appear the words "The software isn't available for you phone. Try later" Someone else has this error? I've already tryed to reinstall pc companion without results.

Well according syin16, he is ok with fat 32. Might be the order of partition is not right. Better start with clean SD i guess..

I'm using Aire kernel and according to this the kernel supports filesystem: ext2, ext3, ext4, yaffs2, vfat, ntfs.

Anyway hansip I really like CM7 themes around this blog, i hope there is a way to easily install them on stock

hansip87

Jan 14, 2011
Jakarta
I'm using Aire kernel and according to this the kernel supports filesystem: ext2, ext3, ext4, yaffs2, vfat, ntfs.

Anyway hansip I really like CM7 themes around this blog, i hope there is a way to easily install them on stock
Well to be honest i haven't known anything about that yet, hopefully somebody can do it.. :) but for starter, there are some theme applier on Arc's forum. Maybe worth a try.

chiefy009

Oct 29, 2010

Cm7 themes can't be ported to stock different file systems, stock themes are very limited and usually straight forward

Go to themes thread for a link to uot kitchen and make your own its easy to do

sent from my gorgeus Xperia Ray

chiefy009

Oct 29, 2010
Is it really hard to go back to stock rom ones we flash cyanogen rom or MIUI?

No,all you need to do is backup your stock rom , then flash kernel then flash miui or cm7 have a play then if you want to.go.back stock.backup miui/cm7 rom. Flash kernel for stock rom.and restore your backup of stock and it will be exactly how you left it

Always backup your rom the its easy to go back.and just needs a kernel change through flashtool

No,all you need to do is backup your stock rom , then flash kernel then flash miui or cm7 have a play then if you want to.go.back stock.backup miui/cm7 rom. Flash kernel for stock rom.and restore your backup of stock and it will be exactly how you left it

Always backup your rom the its easy to go back.and just needs a kernel change through flashtool

Cause other people ask about how to relock bootloader again to go back to stock.

Sent from my ST18i using xda premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In an effort to keep the thread clean with developments and ROM's due to the fact we dont have a general section either this thread has been opened for all the support and help questions that people ask.

Please use this thread for all GENERAL SUPPORT questions regarding the RAY, this will keep our thread clean and easy for everyone to find ROM's and THEME's

Once you have asked please await someone to help and please thank them after by hitting thanks

We all need to keep our thread clean

Now including ROM LIST

Chiefy's Miui

Miui by iriijo

aire 4pda

CM7.2.0 FXP

Miui by Seatone

MiuiV4 iriijo

CM9 FXP

ICS by szl.kiev

RayOnium

Kernels and themes to be added

(if your rom is not listed here please pm me and I will add it)
    are there any complete guide how to flash a rom? im new to android and i dont know anything about baseband and kernel and how to flash them.

Installing a rom is one of those things that seems daunting at first but is actually rather easy. The main barrier for me was understanding how to use and getting comfortable with the utilities which enable you to install a custom rom. These are flashtools, CWM (Clockwork mod) and to a lesser extent a program like titanium back up.

Installing a rom is much easier than rooting your phone, so if you already have root access (a process which probably took me a couple of hours first time) installing a rom is remarkably easy – once you’ve downloaded the rom it only takes 4 or 5 button presses, literally less than 30 seconds, to start the installation process.

The issue with a complete guide is that there are so many variables for example are you on Ginger Bread or Ice Cream Sandwich? Which build number is on your phone? Is your bootloader unlocked?

The most basic guide is as follows – I am assuming you have root access, the latest version of Ice Cream Sandwich on your phone and a locked bootloader.

DOWNLOAD and INSTALL

Xperia CWM Auto-Installer
    Titanium backup, upgrade to pro it's cheap and worth the cash.

DOWNLOAD the rom you want to install put it on your SD card, if you used your phone to download, it will be in the downloads folder on your SD card. The ROM you download MUST be compatible with the latest build of Ice Cream Sandwich.

USE the CWM auto installer to install CWM on your phone - pretty straight forward once you've opened the app.
    Use titanium backup to backup all your apps - not immediately obvious how to do this but not complicated. Not a disaster if you don't want to do this, you can just download them again from Play.

POWER off and then power on the phone.
    Just as the sony ericsson logo appears start rubbing your finger across the screen, this will take you into clockwork recovery mode.

NAVIGATING in CWM
    The VOLUME control scrolls up/down, the HOME button selects and the BACK key takes you back.
    Navigate to backup and restore/backup/yes and backup your system - this will take around 10 minutes.
    What you have just done is create a total backup of your system and because CWM can be accessed by your phone BEFORE a ROM loads it means that if your new installation goes wrong (doesn't ever load or causes bootloops) you can go back into recovery, select your backup and restore it. Once restored, your phone will work exactly how it used to.

CONTINUE to use CWM and navigate to factory reset.
    As CWM tells you this deletes all user info from the phone. If you rebooted now it would be just like the day you got your phone - you'd have to go through all the set up again (google account, time and country settings, no apps etc.).
    Do the reset.

USE CWM to navigate to - install zip from sd card/choose zip from sd card/downloads/(the rom you downloaded)
    If you didn't put the ROM in the downloads folder you just need to navigate to find it - if there are lots of folders on your SD card press up rather than scrolling down because the folder list wraps around.

INSTALL the chosen ROM - doesn't take long - and use CWM to re-boot.

The first re-boot after you've installed a new rom can take a while, no more than 10 minutes though.
    SUCCESS - new ROM!

DOWNLOAD titanium back up from Play, install it and use it to restore your old apps. But do remember that many ROMs come with better stock apps (the keyboard/music/browser etc) so it's not necessary to restore all of your old apps.

Individual roms will have their own instructions but rarely much more complicated than the above.

Advanced stuff

Custom kernels - these can only be installed if you have unlocked your bootloader. Simply put your bootloader will have been locked by Sony meaning that it can only have official kernels installed on it. If you unlock your bootloader you can install anything here. Many roms require custom kernels to work.
    Custom kernels also allow you to overclock your device's CPU
    Basebands dictate how the phone's antenna work and are installed with a kernel - you really don't need to worry about these unless the rom your working with says otherwise.

Advice - assuming you've got the latest version of ICS and a rooted phone install something like JJ's hybrid rom, it's stable and different enough to give you an idea of what's possible. It's popularity here (over 250 pages) shows it's a good one.
    what about wipe dalvik cache? What will it do?

AFAIK, the dalvik cache stores your application dex files. The dex file is a dalvik executable file and is filled with dalvik bytecode. It is very similar to java in that regard. Most of the stock apk's located in your phone's rom have odex files which are optimized dex files not needed to be stored in the cache.

Clearing it shouldn't be a problem, you may notice a slight startup lag the next time you open an application after wiping the cache as it repopulates the dex files.

For any app that's not accompanied by an odex, an optimized extracted copy of it's bytecode is stored in dalvik-cache. I've yet to see if uninstalling an app also erases it's respective dalvik-cache or not, checking for that hadn't crossed my mind, but I don't see why it shouldn't. The real reason you're supposed to wipe your dalvik-cache is because sometimes between builds you get two versions of an app that have the same namespace. The VM will try to use the already stored cached bytecode, but there's a chance that it might be incompatible and it will cause a force-close, in that case, it's best to let the vm build new optimized bytecode for the app, but, it's going to take a while to re-build the dalvik-cache if you erase it all (the more apps with a .odex you have, the less time it takes).

Sent from my ST18i using XDA
    I've asked our admin about new q&a section and he created one :good: Hence my decision to close this thread. All questions should be posted there.
    Hello guysss!!!!!^^

I need help, I'm currently in stock ROM .58 (I'm rooted and unlock)

and I want to update my current ROM to .62( with flashtool)

Is this safe???( I mean, the update that I want to do, because I found that some people that intend to do this end up with breaking their phone)

And is that right that SEUS can revive even the hardest brick( because flashing,etc.)

Thx a lot guysss!!!!!

I'm a newbieee:fingers-crossed:
    It's safe mate

Can i re-enable the lights on my 'back' and 'menu' buttons?
    my sig has the phone details

Thank you!
    No you cant coz there is no backlight for back and menu buttons

hey evry1
    my question is that im currently on stock ics 4.1.B.0.431 and ive rooted and have cwm installed and alot of mods installed..NOW there is an update available version 4.1.B.0.587 ..so if ill update i will loose my root and all mods like camer and walkman?? and if yes then how can i get root access again !!! thanks in advance ...waiting anxiously for replyzzz :confused::confused:

You'll loose root access and all your mods