[Q] kindle fire hd 8.9 won't even boot

Search This thread

MoisoiuMihai

Mar 17, 2014
I installed twrp on my kindle 8.9, then i installed a couple of roms onto it. It worked just perfect. That until i got bored of the CM and i wanted to get back to the original OS. I followed the instructions on this site : //androidcowboy.com/2013/06/how-to-return-kindle-fire-hd-to-stock// , and then it got stuck to the static white/orange boot screen. I tried several restore softwares like kfhd, kffa, kindle unbrick, utilities and then i got the redscreen. After that i searched the internet and everyone adviced me to use either the kfhd uility or the kffa, and then BOOM, the device won't turn on.

I read that i could do the shorting trick, but nobody tried that. Is my kindle bricked for good, or do I still have any hope?

Last edited:

Clarke33

Oct 16, 2012
Have you tried holding the power button down for 30 seconds, releasing, then trying to boot?

Sent from my KFAPWI using xda app-developers app

GSLEON3

Retired Senior Moderator
I installed twrp on my kindle 8.9, then i installed a couple of roms onto it. It worked just perfect. That until i got bored of the CM and i wanted to get back to the original OS. I followed the instructions on this site : //androidcowboy.com/2013/06/how-to-return-kindle-fire-hd-to-stock// , and then it got stuck to the static white/orange boot screen. I tried several restore softwares like kfhd, kffa, kindle unbrick, utilities and then i got the redscreen. After that i searched the internet and everyone adviced me to use either the kfhd uility or the kffa, and then BOOM, the device won't turn on.

I read that i could do the shorting trick, but nobody tried that. Is my kindle bricked for good, or do I still have any hope?

First & foremost, you say you did this on a "Kindle Fire HD 8.9". Is this correct? If so, you are in the WRONG forum. This is for the NEW Kindle model, called the HDX.

If you do something for the HDX on the HD you will likely make the situation much worse. If you truly are on the OLDER Kindle Fire HD, then you can ALMOST ALWAYS recover using fastboot, but that will require either buying or making a factory fastboot cable.

MoisoiuMihai

Mar 17, 2014
First & foremost, you say you did this on a "Kindle Fire HD 8.9". Is this correct? If so, you are in the WRONG forum. This is for the NEW Kindle model, called the HDX.

If you do something for the HDX on the HD you will likely make the situation much worse. If you truly are on the OLDER Kindle Fire HD, then you can ALMOST ALWAYS recover using fastboot, but that will require either buying or making a factory fastboot cable.

Yes, i have the 8.9 hd model not the hdx. I tried holding the power button for 30 sec/ 1min , but it didn't work. And i don't know if any recovery/fastboot cable could help me, the device won't even turn on. Also, im sorry for misplacing this thread, but by any chance, does anyone know what should i start with? Maybe an older thread or anything.

GSLEON3

Retired Senior Moderator
Yes, i have the 8.9 hd model not the hdx. I tried holding the power button for 30 sec/ 1min , but it didn't work. And i don't know if any recovery/fastboot cable could help me, the device won't even turn on. Also, im sorry for misplacing this thread, but by any chance, does anyone know what should i start with? Maybe an older thread or anything.

Here is where you should start. http://xdaforums.com/kindle-fire-hd

As I have BOTH the HD 8.9 & the HDX 8.9, I can tell you that a factory fastboot cable would likely work. It allows you to flash over adb, like other normal Android devices. At any rate, there are several threads & tools available in the forums I linked above that should help to get you going again.