Run shift without battery?

Search This thread

Lord_alias

Oct 7, 2007
I have seen this video of someone running their shift without a battery installed, he never actually explains the process but mentions the BIOS lock that disables the device when no battery is present or battery level warning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Up-G3bqdN_w&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Anyone have any idea how to achieve this? I have emailed the videos creator with no luck -_-

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Lord_alias

Oct 7, 2007
So no one has a clue, that's OK, does anyone have an ideas? Is it possible to hard wire it to accept no battery? Is it true there could be a software block in place?

Just spit balling? This forum gets plenty of traffic, just no one willing to throw some ideas out :/

Armazia

Nov 23, 2008
So no one has a clue, that's OK, does anyone have an ideas? Is it possible to hard wire it to accept no battery? Is it true there could be a software block in place?

Just spit balling? This forum gets plenty of traffic, just no one willing to throw some ideas out :/

Mine works anyway with no accu. I used to replace my accu for a full one on the net so it wouldn't turn off.

Lord_alias

Oct 7, 2007
Battery, or whatever you call it :p

Haha ah right :p see I want to just buy another battery from the net but I'm installing the shift into my PC case and it won't be accessible -_- just wish the thing worked without a battery lol might just have to take the dive and order a new one :(

Sent from my Nexus 4