Cannot get CRT screen off animation

Search This thread

S1L3nTShaDoWz

Dec 25, 2013
I'm running ViperROM 1.8.0 and no matter what I do I cannot get the CRT screen-off animation to work. I have 2 apps that do this (possibly more that I've forgotten about), one being the obvious; Venom Tweaks and two being Sense 6 Toolbox. I originally figured that them both having it enabled was interfering with it but I was wrong. I've disabled both and re-enabled each one individually and still cannot get the CRT power off animation or even the Fade one for that matter. I'm also quite sure that I've gotten it previously but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get it back nor am I sure if it was even the same ROM I managed to get it with (all though I am quite sure I managed to do it with 1.8.0 too).

How & or what do I need to do to get it? I love the animation as it just adds life to the phone to me.

S1L3nTShaDoWz

Dec 25, 2013
Bump & another question, is it possible to get a kernel module like in the ElementalX kernel to use swipe up to wake or double tap to wake without the motion requirements??

The Stig 04

Mar 6, 2013
I'm running ViperROM 1.8.0 and no matter what I do I cannot get the CRT screen-off animation to work. I have 2 apps that do this (possibly more that I've forgotten about), one being the obvious; Venom Tweaks and two being Sense 6 Toolbox. I originally figured that them both having it enabled was interfering with it but I was wrong. I've disabled both and re-enabled each one individually and still cannot get the CRT power off animation or even the Fade one for that matter. I'm also quite sure that I've gotten it previously but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get it back nor am I sure if it was even the same ROM I managed to get it with (all though I am quite sure I managed to do it with 1.8.0 too).

How & or what do I need to do to get it? I love the animation as it just adds life to the phone to me.
Did you reboot or soft reboot after you enabled it in sense 6 toolbox?

andybones

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive RD
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Let me take a quick guess.
You have animations all set to off?
Or at least the "Animator Duration Scale"
It's like this on 4.4.4 AOSP as well.
You must have this set to at least the minimum, the other two animation scales may be left off.

If you have animations on, then please ignore this lol.

S1L3nTShaDoWz

Dec 25, 2013
You must have this set to at least the minimum, the other two animation scales may be left off.

Yes I turned that one back on and it fixed it, thank you! I had no idea that was even related to the screen off animations lol. Never thought I'd get this one solved or it'd be something as simple as that

andybones

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive RD
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Yes I turned that one back on and it fixed it, thank you! I had no idea that was even related to the screen off animations lol. Never thought I'd get this one solved or it'd be something as simple as that

Glad I could help. :)
It's actually been this way all the way back on HTC Sense 2.1, possibly even before that but I think I remember it becoming an issue on the HTC Inc2 with Sense 2.1.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.