found a way to increase your battery life

Search This thread

kfirbep

Feb 9, 2012
some of you maybe remember my thread about how long your battery life holds because mine ends very fast.
well i searched over the internet to find how to increase my battery life and i fonund a way that lot of people said that this way increased there battery life.
here is what you need to do:
charge your battery to 100%
go recovery mode: ADVANCED- WIPER BATTERY STATS
unplug the device from the charger
and select yes.
than dont charge the battery let the battery go to 0% and than charge it again to 100% and spend the battery life again without charge it.
do it 4-5 times and than your battery life should be a lot bigger.
im on second round.
if you do it please tell here.
and if you see that the battery life become a lot bigger tell this here too.

Last edited:

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
Wiping battery stats does nothing. The android coders said that. Stats get wiped whenever you plug in or unplug your charger. You've got a placebo effect

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using XDA Premium HD app
Yes, and in addition, our device's method of measuring battery state of charge is so rudimentary that any other "calibration" method you might apply is pure placebo.

No Samsung Galaxy S or S II device requires any sort of battery calibration as the fuel gauge is self-calibrating over time. In the Players, the battery charge level is directly derived from the current voltage with no historical information playing a part.

daniel644

Feb 29, 2012
from my experience there is no need to do that wipe just "Calibrate" by draining the battery to its autoshutoff point and recharging completely at least once a month. personally I do it everytime with my 4.0 player just like I did with my env touch and that 2.5+ year old touch would last like 5 days of light use.

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
from my experience there is no need to do that wipe just "Calibrate" by draining the battery to its autoshutoff point and recharging completely at least once a month. personally I do it everytime with my 4.0 player just like I did with my env touch and that 2.5+ year old touch would last like 5 days of light use.

That won't do anything on any Samsung device with a Hummingbird or Exynos CPU (except maybe some of the Tabs.)