[Q] Any thoughts about this idea? Is it realizable?

Search This thread

gabbre

Jan 31, 2010
The space in the ICS bar is underused so I made this concept. Does any developer think that is feasible?

EIKXw.jpg

runandhide05

Apr 3, 2011
The space in the ICS bar is underused so I made this concept. Does any developer think that is feasible?

EIKXw.jpg

I have added more soft keys to mine, all u need to do is edit the systemui.APK
The problem I'm having is that A) the from I'm using will not work with apktool in any way shape or form, B) when I did get it to work on one of the nightly builds of EOS I could not get the icons to stay symmetrical,
How every if u want to try for yourself read up on Modding the soft keys for ics,
I've written a few tuts on it over at rootzwiki, just search my user name over there and u will find them, its all in the galaxy nexus cmda thread.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Reactions: iammodo and gabbre

iammodo

Mar 12, 2008
hell
Hi there
Could you link to the tut about adding more soft keys, I can't find it and as I maintain the softkey theme thread would be great to add the search softkey.

Thank you I'm advance.

Sent from my MB525 using xda premium

runandhide05

Apr 3, 2011
Here
All u have to do is search my name at rootwiki and u will find them

http://rootzwiki.com/index.php?/topic/17708-SoftKey-Mods-for-4.0.4-W/orWO/-1%-Battery-mod

SoftKey Mods for 4.0.4 W/orWO/ 1% Battery mod

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/13730-how-totutsoftkey-mod/page__hl__runandhide05

There are a few, note the few difference between tab and phone is the nav bar is the soft key location on phone and its status bar on tab,
Also search android event key code and u can simple replace the key code that is called when u press a soft key, change a few pngs and presto new soft keys
If u have a question search my name I've answered almost every question about this stuff over at rootzwiki

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Reactions: iammodo

runandhide05

Apr 3, 2011
also if u tell me what rom u are running and post your systemui.apk and framework-res.apk I can take a look at them and give u some more info, and also I can see if apktool will work on it

iammodo

Mar 12, 2008
hell
also if u tell me what rom u are running and post your systemui.apk and framework-res.apk I can take a look at them and give u some more info, and also I can see if apktool will work on it

That would be great not at PC to upload them at the mo, I am using cm9 for Xoom at the moment.

runandhide05

Apr 3, 2011
That would be great not at PC to upload them at the mo, I am using cm9 for Xoom at the moment.
OK, its rather easy...almost easier to do from tab, using any root file manager just copy the apks from /system/ app and framework to your SD card and use dropbox( free app from marketplace) long press on the file and send select drop box and upload, one uploaded open drop box click on file and select option share, then copy link. Then paste link in thread,
Also need to know what nightly or version rom

arrtoodeetoo

Dec 31, 2010
Runandhide05,

You need to do some major cleaning up on your tutorial. It's so hard to understand the way you have it written out. Paragraph breaks would be a good place to start.

iammodo

Mar 12, 2008
hell
OK, its rather easy...almost easier to do from tab, using any root file manager just copy the apks from /system/ app and framework to your SD card and use dropbox( free app from marketplace) long press on the file and send select drop box and upload, one uploaded open drop box click on file and select option share, then copy link. Then paste link in thread,
Also need to know what nightly or version rom

29/2/12 cm9 Xoom

System UI

http://db.tt/7vWSXWba

Framework
http://db.tt/DMPZa27j

runandhide05

Apr 3, 2011
@gabbre

That is an awesome idea! Love it - Every DEV would want to include this in their builds!
read your tut - I agree with iammodo.

Can you make a ZipThemer- Softkey Theme zip for us to flash on MOTO Xoom?
It would be a lot easier.

OK, I'all tell u what, I'm going to get off this rom I am on now and whip up a few and do an in depth tut for the Xoom specifically
They will be via update zips, I have not messed with the zipthemer so I don't have a clue how to make any like that

runandhide05

Apr 3, 2011
you beast you, thank you.

if its a simple process the guys in the softkey mod topic will be rather happy.

and if it can be done via an update.zip they will wet them self im sure.

Has no one else figured out how to do it on the Xoom with ics yet? ... I kinda thought most people figured that stuff out already

Mjamocha

Jul 2, 2010
OK, I'all tell u what, I'm going to get off this rom I am on now and whip up a few and do an in depth tut for the Xoom specifically
They will be via update zips, I have not messed with the zipthemer so I don't have a clue how to make any like that

@runandhide

Awesome, just Awesome ...
Every DEV would want to include this in their builds!
Do your realize how EPIC this would be? You gotta Brand it -
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FTW! :D
Thank you so much - this won't interfere with the Softkey Mod that I am currently using right?
You gotta name this Beast of a Update zip. Whatcha gonna call it?

Last edited:

iammodo

Mar 12, 2008
hell
Reactions: Mjamocha

runandhide05

Apr 3, 2011
okwell i am looking into the zipthemer, and first flash was an epic fail...lol
i have perviousely made them as update zips, which would completely replace your systemui
so any mods that i dont inculde would be bye bye, however thats why i am playing with the zip themer, never used it so a little learning curve to make zips for it and what not, but il get u guys covered

Mjamocha

Jul 2, 2010
i have perviousely made them as update zips, which would completely replace your systemui
so any mods that i dont inculde would be bye bye, however thats why i am playing with the zip themer, never used it so a little learning curve to make zips for it and what not, but il get u guys covered

Thanks, I kinda figured ZipThemer would be the way to go - can't wait!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

EIKXw.jpg

I have added more soft keys to mine, all u need to do is edit the systemui.APK
    The problem I'm having is that A) the from I'm using will not work with apktool in any way shape or form, B) when I did get it to work on one of the nightly builds of EOS I could not get the icons to stay symmetrical,
    How every if u want to try for yourself read up on Modding the soft keys for ics,
    I've written a few tuts on it over at rootzwiki, just search my user name over there and u will find them, its all in the galaxy nexus cmda thread.

Here
    All u have to do is search my name at rootwiki and u will find them

http://rootzwiki.com/index.php?/topic/17708-SoftKey-Mods-for-4.0.4-W/orWO/-1%-Battery-mod

SoftKey Mods for 4.0.4 W/orWO/ 1% Battery mod

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/13730-how-totutsoftkey-mod/page__hl__runandhide05

There are a few, note the few difference between tab and phone is the nav bar is the soft key location on phone and its status bar on tab,
    Also search android event key code and u can simple replace the key code that is called when u press a soft key, change a few pngs and presto new soft keys
    If u have a question search my name I've answered almost every question about this stuff over at rootzwiki

Thank u, I'll take a look at them and let ya know.

Looks like apktool 1.4.3 will work without any modifications.