[MOD] Smaller Nav Bar for TMO ONLY

Search This thread

mixinluv2u

Oct 8, 2013
Hey guys, I am pretty new to android modding so please forgive me if I had any mistakes. But this worked on my T-Mobile G2 D801 so I figured I will share it here to save others some work.

I made one at 24dpi (half sized) and a medium sized one at 32dpi. I used the 24dpi one so I can confirmed that to be working fine. The 32dpi one was edited using the exact same method but untested.

let me know if it works for you guys. I mostly followed the directions HERE. Also want to give thanks to fellow member fire3d for giving me some tips. :good:

**Use at your own risk. T-Mobile ONLY**

Link to download:
24dpi
32dpi

benlee337

Jul 7, 2009
I can confirm the 32 DPI works. Thanks. Christmas came early for me!!

Sent from my LG-D801 using xda app-developers app

bjc112

Nov 19, 2012
Flash via recovery? That link on how to is loaded!! Thanks for the work can't wait to shrink mine down

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk 4

ILLHYHL

Oct 16, 2011
Philadelphia
just wondering,

if i flash this, would i still have transparent soft keys in the stock launcher home screen?

Last edited:

bjc112

Nov 19, 2012
Yes flash via recovery. The link of how to us no good?

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk now Free

I didn't notice anything about flashing in recovery,, just thought it seemed like toooooo much work.. Glad to hear I can flash the zip via recovery though...

Thanks for the work!

ILLHYHL

Oct 16, 2011
Philadelphia
Can anyone post a screenshot with 32dpi applied on stock launcher? I want to see how it looks before i flash this o_O

Thx in advance.

Reactions: bjc112

bjc112

Nov 19, 2012
Can anyone post a screenshot with 32dpi applied on stock launcher? I want to see how it looks before i flash this o_O

Thx in advance.

I would flash and post both but I'm on such a good run and testing battery life so I don't want to reboot and screw my timer all up!!

I am interested if 32 is small enough or if I should jump down to the smaller one!

ILLHYHL

Oct 16, 2011
Philadelphia
I would flash and post both but I'm on such a good run and testing battery life so I don't want to reboot and screw my timer all up!!

I am interested if 32 is small enough or if I should jump down to the smaller one!

Do u happen to know the dpi of the original stock soft keys?

solrac.dc

Sep 19, 2010
Richmond, VA
Here you ;)

Thx in advance.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-10-12-22-04-48.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-10-12-22-04-48.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 456

solrac.dc

Sep 19, 2010
Richmond, VA
Here is another pic of another window I have with my widgets and as I am looking and doesn't stretch the windows any and as you can see.......widgets are still close to one another with no "gaps". Hopefully this helps

P.S. Don't forget to hit "thanks" button if I have helped

thanks alot :D

just one more question.

i suppose flashing smaller dpi soft keys would make the screen stretched verticaly a bit.

is it very noticable? if not only a little?

for me, bigger spaces between the widgets would be too noticable :p

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-10-13-00-00-12.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-10-13-00-00-12.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 349
Reactions: nvmehaterz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys, I am pretty new to android modding so please forgive me if I had any mistakes. But this worked on my T-Mobile G2 D801 so I figured I will share it here to save others some work.

I made one at 24dpi (half sized) and a medium sized one at 32dpi. I used the 24dpi one so I can confirmed that to be working fine. The 32dpi one was edited using the exact same method but untested.

let me know if it works for you guys. I mostly followed the directions HERE. Also want to give thanks to fellow member fire3d for giving me some tips. :good:

**Use at your own risk. T-Mobile ONLY**

Link to download:
    24dpi
    32dpi
    I can confirm the 32 DPI works. Thanks. Christmas came early for me!!

How did you do it?

Sent from my LG-D801 using xda premium

Thx in advance.

Here is another pic of another window I have with my widgets and as I am looking and doesn't stretch the windows any and as you can see.......widgets are still close to one another with no "gaps". Hopefully this helps

P.S. Don't forget to hit "thanks" button if I have helped

thanks alot :D

just one more question.

i suppose flashing smaller dpi soft keys would make the screen stretched verticaly a bit.

is it very noticable? if not only a little?

for me, bigger spaces between the widgets would be too noticable :p
    I would say 48 or 44.. They seem a touch taller than stock android..

The original dpi is 48

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk now Free