[Q] Dead pixel on new Nexus 7, worth replacing?

Search This thread

thenetvines

Nov 19, 2010
Hello, I recently found a small dead pixel after using the device lightly for a few days. I've tried to fix it with apps, cleanning caches, reformatting, and even installing roms, but the dead pixel is everywhere solid, even on bootloader screen.

The problem is that I need to send it as a gift next week, and the warranty would probably take 2 weeks or more, so is it worth it?

It's tiny, but it's there, and I don't know if one dead pixel, means more over time...

Please advise :(

ezas

Jan 14, 2011
None of those things will fix a bad pixel.

No you won't get more. And sometimes they 'fix' themselves with more use. You can use an app to flash the screen through different colors to 'exercise' it.

Is it an out and out dead pixel or a stuck (on one color) pixel? If you are not sure use a pixel tester from the store. Bad pixels are like light scratches, after a while you don't notice them. But for a gift I'd be disappointed as well.

If it's new can't you do a straight exchange?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: thenetvines

thenetvines

Nov 19, 2010

No you won't get more. And sometimes they 'fix' themselves with more use. You can use an app to flash the screen through different colors to 'exercise' it.

Is it an out and out dead pixel or a stuck (on one color) pixel? If you are not sure use a pixel tester from the store. Bad pixels are like light scratches, after a while you don't notice them. But for a gift I'd be disappointed as well.

Hey! Good news, you were right man. I was just about to send it, but decided to use it more and more heavily, and those "flashing colors" apps as well (don't know how much that helped), and eventually, it got smaller, and smaller to the point where I can barely see it so tiny.

It was tiny before, but now it's almost invisible. It started out as a stuck green pixel, and it was everywhere in the same place. Even in the bootloader, Recovery, and after various rom reflashes.

Thanks for the tips!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I think it's not worth it.

Pices of replacement screens are teribly high.