Can not reboot to recovery

Search This thread

Synyster06Gates

Jan 17, 2011
Leander, Texas
I'm trying to flash an update to PAC Rom, but I can't get my phone to reboot to recovery (or even shut down).

When I use the power menu, no matter what I choose, the phone does a hot boot. When I hold power and volume down it will go to bootloader then I can access TWRP, but I can't clear dalvik or cache as it says that it can't mount the partitions. The ROM runs fine however and I can access all my data so the cache can't be corrupt.

What can I do here? Thanks to those who help!

Synyster06Gates

Jan 17, 2011
Leander, Texas
EDIT : Very very strange. Flashing TWRP again via Flashify got it to work. It seems something in PAC Rom is corrupting the recovery. I think if I get this all worked out then I'm going to have to go back to DK until it's all worked out. I wish there was another ROMs with all the same features as these two but got updates (whereas DK doesn't any more) and is stable enough to DD (lots of FC with PAC).

EDIT 2: Just tried to reboot into recovery again. After booting teh ROM just for a few minutes the recovery was corrupted. I can't access internal memory from recovery any more, even if I get it to boot. It doesn't make any sense as the ROM has full access to it all.

To be clear, TWRP says Internal Storage - 0

Last edited:

GUGUITOMTG4

Oct 26, 2011
GuGuPlace
EDIT : Very very strange. Flashing TWRP again via Flashify got it to work. It seems something in PAC Rom is corrupting the recovery. I think if I get this all worked out then I'm going to have to go back to DK until it's all worked out. I wish there was another ROMs with all the same features as these two but got updates (whereas DK doesn't any more) and is stable enough to DD (lots of FC with PAC).

EDIT 2: Just tried to reboot into recovery again. After booting teh ROM just for a few minutes the recovery was corrupted. I can't access internal memory from recovery any more, even if I get it to boot. It doesn't make any sense as the ROM has full access to it all.

Here could be the solution. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2513701
Flash the cache.img
if it wont work, will have to flash-all

Reactions: Synyster06Gates

Synyster06Gates

Jan 17, 2011
Leander, Texas

numel007

Apr 22, 2011
That worked! Thank you!

I actually used to go around the Q&A forum telling people to do just that when they were having issues with wiping on early TWRP versions. Surprised I didn't think to try it. All back on DK now and hunting for a new ROM. :victory:

Sounds like you solved it, but I think you could've also done an adb reboot recovery command. Not sure if that works though since I usually only use fastboot.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Synyster06Gates

Synyster06Gates

Jan 17, 2011
Leander, Texas
Sounds like you solved it, but I think you could've also done an adb reboot recovery command. Not sure if that works though since I usually only use fastboot.

After flashing teh recovery again, I could get INTO it, but the data was not showing up so I couldn't actually do anything from within TWRP. It read I had 0mb internal storage.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sounds like somethings wrong with your recovery. Get into the bootloader and reflash TWRP using "fastboot flash recovery FileNameOfTWRP.img"

Here could be the solution. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2513701
    Flash the cache.img
    if it wont work, will have to flash-all
    That worked! Thank you!

I actually used to go around the Q&A forum telling people to do just that when they were having issues with wiping on early TWRP versions. Surprised I didn't think to try it. All back on DK now and hunting for a new ROM. :victory: