Skyrocket GSM Network Signal

Search This thread

jms2367

Feb 14, 2009
I got an AT&T skyrocket SGH-1727 from my brother from the states. I am currently in the Philippines.

I unlocked the phone and flashed the latest JB radio rom and CM 10.2 stable rom. The problem is I do not get GSM/2G signal. My phone can connect to 3G and LTE but in areas were there are no 3G and LTE outside of the city, my phone just couldn't connect to 2G. I tried several radios like UXMA7 for Rogers skyrocket and even the TMobile UVMC6 T989 radio. I feven experimented with several roms and went back to stock but the scenario is still the same.

Is this because the phone is not compatible to the 2G frequencies in the Philippines which is 900 and 1800?

Is there a workaround to this?

Regards.

vincom

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 5, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
I got an AT&T skyrocket SGH-1727 from my brother from the states. I am currently in the Philippines.

I unlocked the phone and flashed the latest JB radio rom and CM 10.2 stable rom. The problem is I do not get GSM/2G signal. My phone can connect to 3G and LTE but in areas were there are no 3G and LTE outside of the city, my phone just couldn't connect to 2G. I tried several radios like UXMA7 for Rogers skyrocket and even the TMobile UVMC6 T989 radio. I feven experimented with several roms and went back to stock but the scenario is still the same.

Is this because the phone is not compatible to the 2G frequencies in the Philippines which is 900 and 1800?

Is there a workaround to this?

Regards.
goto >settings>more>mobile networks>network mode> make sure gsm is picked