Should I take the upgrade to 4.4.2 that is rolling out now?

Search This thread

Glyptho

Dec 14, 2013
So, I'm curious about the new sony 4.4.2 firmware. I'm presently on 4.3(10.4.B.0.569) stock sony, not rooted yet. C6506, Locked bootloader allowed = no

Is there a chance that the update change the status of the bootloader allowed to yes?

Is there good chance that I will be able to root my ZL, in a near futur, if I take the update?
And switch to Existenz present or next rom?

Should I just dont take the update, root, install present existenz rom and patiently wait for existenz rom to switch to 4.4.2?

I'm presently moving house so I probably won't have time to work on the phone before one month.
So what do you guys think ?
Sorry for my english

Last edited:

coolrevi

Jun 1, 2012
Udupi
So, I'm curious about the new sony 4.4.2 firmware. I'm presently on 4.3(10.4.B.0.569) stock sony, not rooted yet. C6506, Locked bootloader allowed = no

Is there a chance that the update change the status of the bootloader allowed to yes?

Is there good chance that I will be able to root my ZL, in a near futur, if I take the update?
And switch to Existenz present or next rom?

Should I just dont take the update, root, install present existenz rom and patiently wait for existenz rom to switch to 4.4.2?

I'm presently moving house so I probably won't have time to work on the phone before one month.
So what do you guys think ?
Sorry for my english

Bootloader unlock allowed: no. so you definitely cant unlock bootloader.
near Future root. i really doubt. as you can see the development is slow for this phone.
however you can downgrade and root your phone and take OTA and preserve root till 101. but i have no idea about KIT KAT as i didnt get it yet.
Sony stock rom is really good. i used the stock rom without root for a year, since its been a year i unlocked and currently on CM11 latest nightly. just to try something different.

if you are asking question here regarding the update. i would definitely suggest you to update as you wont find better rom than stock for the time being.

So go ahead and update and tell us about it. (still waiting for update notification here)

Glyptho

Dec 14, 2013
near Future root. i really doubt. as you can see the development is slow for this phone.
however you can downgrade and root your phone and take OTA and preserve root till 101. but i have no idea about KIT KAT as i didnt get it yet.
Sony stock rom is really good. i used the stock rom without root for a year, since its been a year i unlocked and currently on CM11 latest nightly. just to try something different.

if you are asking question here regarding the update. i would definitely suggest you to update as you wont find better rom than stock for the time being.

So go ahead and update and tell us about it. (still waiting for update notification here)

First, thank you very much for your response :highfive:
Do you mean that it's possible to downgrade after the update if I want to? Via flashtool?

Glyptho

Dec 14, 2013
Yes, it is possible to downgrade after the update using flashtool

You will need to have the ftf for the software version you want to go back to for the hardware version you have.

Great, thank you. I will install later this evening or tommorow morning. Just saw it take 39minutes to install and I got to go, so later. I'll let you know my impression as soon as possible.

Thanks guys :good:

Glyptho

Dec 14, 2013

So I took the update, played a little bit with it.
Very fluid, maybe a little bit more than before.
The look of the new drawer is cool, but parameter are one more click away via drawer.
In parameter section, it feel's more sluggish than before.
No double tap to wake :crying:

That's it for now, got to work

fraughtsigewulf

Nov 11, 2012
Los Angeles
OnePlus 9
My friend says his battery life is way worse on the new update

Sent from my ATRIX HD using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
My battery is totally being eaten up since I got the update. I've had the phone a few weeks. Love it to death but I was literally watching the battery percentage drop as I was checking my mail today. Maybe after a few more hard resets this newest update will settle down.

ren2008

Jun 10, 2008
The look of the new drawer is cool, but parameter are one more click away via drawer.

Wrong, this is kit kat 4.4 base build, you can now swipe your two fingers down from the notification bar to directly go to your quick settings. ?

Reactions: Glyptho

Glyptho

Dec 14, 2013
My battery is totally being eaten up since I got the update. I've had the phone a few weeks. Love it to death but I was literally watching the battery percentage drop as I was checking my mail today. Maybe after a few more hard resets this newest update will settle down.

I agree, I can see the battery lost flow :(
Before, at the end of a day, around 60% was left and now it's around 35%-40%

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Wrong, this is kit kat 4.4 base build, you can now swipe your two fingers down from the notification bar to directly go to your quick settings. ?