Just bought a new 10 with 4.2.1 on it Should I update to KitKat?

Search This thread

alnova1

Oct 16, 2009
I just got a new Nexus 10 at Walmart for $350 and was wondering if I should update to KitKat? I have seen several people complaining about it. Or should I just root and install a custom rom....although it seems like there aren't a lot of choices anymore. Do you have one that you would recommend also? Thanks

Khaon

Apr 3, 2012
Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium
Well KitKat is really recommended over past versions : it does consumes less RAM and has overall better performance. Furthermore you can find a bunch of good ROMs around: Omni, slimkat, CM,..

Envoyé de mon Nexus 10 en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: alnova1

captican

Feb 26, 2011
I just got a new Nexus 10 at Walmart for $350 and was wondering if I should update to KitKat? I have seen several people complaining about it. Or should I just root and install a custom rom....although it seems like there aren't a lot of choices anymore. Do you have one that you would recommend also? Thanks

I was hesitant also, bought mine about two weeks ago, and have had none of the issues on 4.4.2 that some reported on the first version of 4.4.

alnova1

Oct 16, 2009
I was hesitant also, bought mine about two weeks ago, and have had none of the issues on 4.4.2 that some reported on the first version of 4.4.

That's good to know. Updated to 4.3 but not 4.4 yet. Will probably go ahead and do it. Just curious where did you get yours?

captican

Feb 26, 2011
That's good to know. Updated to 4.3 but not 4.4 yet. Will probably go ahead and do it. Just curious where did you get yours?

When I first set up the tablet, it notified me of an update from 4.2 to 4.3. As soon add I updated, I received another notification that an update was ready for 4.2. I waited about a week, since I had read about some having problems with the initial rollout. I updated to the latest version once I decided that I was going to unlock and root my Nexus 10 (haven't loaded a custom ROM yet).

I received the both update via download (settings > about tablet > system update) . I received notification once I logged into my Google account.

Last edited:

alnova1

Oct 16, 2009
When I first set up the tablet, it notified me of an update from 4.2 to 4.3. As soon add I updated, I received another notification that an update was ready for 4.2. I waited about a week, since I had read about some having problems with the initial rollout. I updated to the latest version once I decided that I was going to unlock and root my Nexus 10 (haven't loaded a custom ROM yet).

I received the both update via download (settings > about tablet > system update) . I received notification once I logged into my Google account.

My fault. I meant where did you buy your Nexus 10 and did you get a good deal?

alnova1

Oct 16, 2009
About $375 on amazon for 32mg model.

OK. I guess the deal I got at Walmart wasn't too bad. I started to wait it out and see if they came down any lower. They have had four at $350 for a while and know one had touched them. Still going to keep an eye on the rest of them. Liking the 10 so far.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well KitKat is really recommended over past versions : it does consumes less RAM and has overall better performance. Furthermore you can find a bunch of good ROMs around: Omni, slimkat, CM,..

Envoyé de mon Nexus 10 en utilisant Tapatalk
    Yes just upgrade.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Free mobile app