[Q] Apps from S4 to S5

Search This thread

cyaclone

Sep 19, 2011
CLEARWATER
OnePlus 10 Pro
Changing phones and what to transfer the apps that I like on the S4 to the S5.

Are there any compatibility issues that I should be aware of while doing this.

Since I am currently on KK 4.4.4 with the S4, my plan is to copy my none system apps to the S5?

Anyone having any problems in doing this?

These are both Samsung phones and the only real difference is going from Sprint to TMO. My current phone is rooted and has a custom ROM. I do plan to root the S5 immediately and install CWM Recovery.

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
Changing phones and what to transfer the apps that I like on the S4 to the S5.

Are there any compatibility issues that I should be aware of while doing this.

Since I am currently on KK 4.4.4 with the S4, my plan is to copy my none system apps to the S5?

Anyone having any problems in doing this?

These are both Samsung phones and the only real difference is going from Sprint to TMO. My current phone is rooted and has a custom ROM. I do plan to root the S5 immediately and install CWM Recovery.

Using Titanium Backup has no issues. Came from S4 like you.

fffft

Jul 16, 2013
I can just install my apps from my last TB backup after I root the S5?

Usually. It's not guaranteed or foolproof, but it will work with most apps. The best path is of course reinstalling apps. But many people find it easier to transplant them as you are planning to and it usually works.

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
Just to confirm, I can just install my apps from my last TB backup after I root the S5?

Only app that gave me an issue was Viper4Android because it restored the data and thought that the drivers were installed when they weren't, so repeatedly forced closed. But yeah just let TiB do its thing. You may encounter some apps force closing but a clear data usually fixes it. User apps aren't that big a problem when switching devices.

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
This thread got me thinking, why doesn't android have a more native non root method for making and restoring backups with app data?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk