WARNING! Bootloop with latest update (8MB) rooted 4.4.2 !

Search This thread

xaris33

Feb 21, 2014
Let this be a warning, the latest update put my phone in a reboot loop. After trying to apply the update clockwordmod would come up on restart, installation would fail, couldn't see why, too fast, the phone would start up and after 15-20 sec it would shutdown to start all over again.

Don't know what update does as I have a french phone and all update messages come in french. I saw that USB on the go was mentioned and some other bug fixes.

TO FIX:

Enter fastbood mode (VOL DOWN+POWER)

From the PC enter:

fastboot erase cache

Can someone more knowledgeable say why the update fails?

Regards

Reactions: mihmihovic

OTA_

Feb 21, 2014
had same pb, i try to flash back to stock recovery 4.4 >> nok

i flash the CWM Advanced Edition and its work, no need to flash stock + unroot, i keep my root with this :laugh:

CWM Advanced Edition Link : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2639583

edit : i lost my gravity Box setting, cz update overwritten system file, i think

Last edited:

fixxxer667

Dec 8, 2010

i flash the CWM Advanced Edition and its work, no need to flash stock + unroot, i keep my root with this :laugh:

CWM Advanced Edition Link : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2281367

edit : i lost my gravity Box setting, cz update overwritten system file, i think

This is the Philz recovery for the Samsung S4, I'd recommend you fix the link before we have people wondering what went wrong :)

Elessar76

Sep 22, 2011

CWM Advanced Edition Link : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2639583

If i understand it... Have you flashed OTA with Phil CWM without reverting phone to full stock (recovery, unrooted and untouched system apps)?

newellj79

Jan 2, 2011
OnePlus 8
yap

ps : when i update the xposed Framework, & reboot my G, i get back my gravitybox setting

What variant r u using? I'm waiting for the us gsm update for xt1034 so I can have native otg USB. I already have philz installed so if I can just flash over my rooted stock ROM that would be awesome!

Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk

Reactions: mihmihovic

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If i understand it... Have you flashed OTA with Phil CWM without reverting phone to full stock (recovery, unrooted and untouched system apps)?

yap

ps : when i update the xposed Framework, & reboot my G, i get back my gravitybox setting
    Let this be a warning, the latest update put my phone in a reboot loop. After trying to apply the update clockwordmod would come up on restart, installation would fail, couldn't see why, too fast, the phone would start up and after 15-20 sec it would shutdown to start all over again.

Don't know what update does as I have a french phone and all update messages come in french. I saw that USB on the go was mentioned and some other bug fixes.

TO FIX:

Enter fastbood mode (VOL DOWN+POWER)

From the PC enter:

fastboot erase cache

Can someone more knowledgeable say why the update fails?

Regards
    the same issue for me with my french moto g
    It Won't work if you have rooted your phone!
    I had the same problem. You have to go back to latest stock rom before installing the update, and then rooting again. Worked fine for me.

See this guide for example : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2542219
    Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I was thinking that you need the stock recovery and not CWM or TWRP.

Stock RECOVERY, KERNEL and NO changes in /system partition whatsoever (including root.)
    With some experience there´s nothing easier than flash stock ROM. Or do it thrice a day if you feel like that ;)