Help! Milestone was stable on MotoFrenzy then suddenly gone deadset!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

lkgonzales

Jan 28, 2007
Manila
I need some help here. My Milestone was running okay and stable after a week or so on Dexter's MotoFrenzy ver4. I use Launcher Pro and decided to just try out ScreenSlide - that was my last install this morning.

I later noticed that my Milestone (full charge) just shutdown and wouldnt switch on again, even after a battery pull. But i when i did a batt pull then inserted the USB, the charging light lit up and it auto booted normally.

This happened 2x more and on the third time is would no longer boot up even after the batt pull + plug USB sequence. The charge light would blink once after i plug it but then nothing.

Please help.. is this a hardware issue or does it have something to do with my apps.

Thanks all. :(

lkgonzales

Jan 28, 2007
Manila
sequence to get into either bootloader or recovery both do not work reseating both SM card and SD card do not work either. even plugging in the usb without a battery doesnt work. what went wrong??????

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
I later noticed that my Milestone (full charge) just shutdown and wouldnt switch on again, even after a battery pull. But i when i did a batt pull then inserted the USB, the charging light lit up and it auto booted normally.
Motorola Milestone drivers (official stock firmware) has a battery bug, which causes it to determine the incorrect state of your battery, so it can happen that you actually drain it totally without knowing, or that its totally reverse, reporting like 20% left, when its at still at 70-80%.

ive seen it and family with milestone on stockfirmware gets the problems too, sometimes.. they simply pull out the battery and insert again and its booting again. (btw, they were on 2.31 and 2.36 stock)

not sure why moto cannot fix this..

lkgonzales

Jan 28, 2007
Manila
i dont think this is a battery issue. it came from a full overnight charge. How do we explain the single short blink of charging light when plugged into usb, or the fact that phone is still dead even when i pull batt and plug in to usb. :(

lkgonzales

Jan 28, 2007
Manila
Something weird happened. I was resigned to thinking i had a bricked Milestone, so i kept in the box. This morning, i just thought of trying it out one more time. It booted up!!!!!! It came on with 80% battery. What happened??

dsixda

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 1, 2007
Ottawa
If this involves MotoFrenzy then ask in the MotoFrenzy thread. Try to avoid starting new threads on similar topics.

Status
Not open for further replies.