CM7 Kang Request

Search This thread

crump84

Feb 19, 2011
The Gump
If you're looking for a more recent ICS rom, i'd recommend Deck's pre-beta 4. Using it right now and it is the most stable ICS build yet.

The op asked about cm7 builds, not ICS.

To anyone who builds their own CM7 kangs, could you please share a recent build?

Thanks in advance! :)

Check ROM Manager, I believe Sparks has a few cm7 kangs.. you could also check out UKE, its on ROM Manager and SDX.

Sent from my HTC Evo Shift using Tapatalk

Reactions: rfnut and c00ller

c00ller

Jun 10, 2010
Check ROM Manager, I believe Sparks has a few cm7 kangs.. you could also check out UKE, its on ROM Manager and SDX.

Thank you, but the last I checked his kangs had some customizations that I did not want... I don't remember what they were, and if he hasn't uploaded a new one since then they would be a bit dated now anyway (e.g. missing some T9 dialer fixes done in late Feb)

ratdog07067

Oct 12, 2010
I haven't had any luck with 7.2 RC1 yet.

I tried installing it over nightly #255 (cache/dalvik cache wipe) and after a full reset and it hard booted right after it got to the lock screen. I restored my nandroid (need the phone for work) but will try to download/install it again tonight and see what happens.

nativ73

Jun 27, 2010

I tried installing it over nightly #255 (cache/dalvik cache wipe) and after a full reset and it hard booted right after it got to the lock screen. I restored my nandroid (need the phone for work) but will try to download/install it again tonight and see what happens.

Same result here, rebooting a few seconds after startup.

VICODAN

Apr 27, 2011
San Jose, CA

*waits for sparksco to act surprised*

cloverdale

Feb 9, 2009
Eugene, OR
www.jbthemes.com

Upon boot up, skip the sign-in, then wait for the reboot. Upon the next boot up, pull down the notification bar and turn off GPS. After this the reboot should stop.

sparksco

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2010
docs.google.com

Try flashing one of the kernels from HERE and hopefully that fixes it. That's the only thing I can think of this being a kernel issue.

Upon boot up, skip the sign-in, then wait for the reboot. Upon the next boot up, pull down the notification bar and turn off GPS. After this the reboot should stop.

Try a different kernel that should fix the reboot issues with GPS.

Last edited:
Reactions: cloverdale

cloverdale

Feb 9, 2009
Eugene, OR
www.jbthemes.com
Try flashing one of the kernels from HERE and hopefully that fixes it. That's the only thing I can think of this being a kernel issue.

So audio is confirmed working? I won't have time to flash this until later today..

Audio is working fine, but do not flash if you need GPS. It turns out that yes, you can prevent a reboot by quickly turning it off, you can immediately turn it back on, avoiding a reboot, and you can even get a lock on the GPS, but it will reboot again shortly thereafter.

I am going to try another kernel and report back later.

Edit: After flashing your port of "Pershoot/LordLockaN Kernel V14", the reboot issue has been fixed. I am working in my basement, and so cannot check to see if the GPS locks, but all else is well.

Edit2: Though your kernel ports fix the GPS reboot, they take away all audio.

Last edited:

sparksco

Feb 27, 2010
docs.google.com
Audio is working fine, but do not flash if you need GPS. It turns out that yes, you can prevent a reboot by quickly turning it off, you can immediately turn it back on, avoiding a reboot, and you can even get a lock on the GPS, but it will reboot again shortly thereafter.

Edit: After flashing your port of "Pershoot/LordLockaN Kernel V14", the reboot issue has been fixed. I am working in my basement, and so cannot check to see if the GPS locks, but all else is well.

I thought this might be the case with the audio in the rom and kernel. I need to work on a new kernel that will include some of the new audio changes that work with the rom.

Reactions: YoungCorruptionV2.0

c00ller

Jun 10, 2010
Also what customizations were you refering to in my rom builds?
Minor stuff like this and when I checked your site it had the fonts switched to roboto or something.

Anyway, now that we all confirmed that CM's 7.2 RC1 release is garbage, how can we go about letting them know so 100s/1000s of users don't go downloading and flashing something that doesn't work?
What really bothers me is the fact that the CM team stated "CM7.2 is more than ready for everybody to enjoy :)", and I read that they have been doing a lot of offline testing of RC1 when clearly no one there tested this particular build. Does the Evo Shift 4G even have an official maintainer anymore (toastcfh)?

Last edited:

sparksco

Feb 27, 2010
docs.google.com
Minor stuff like this and when I checked your site it had the fonts switched to roboto or something.

Anyway, now that we all confirmed that CM's 7.2 RC1 release is garbage, how can we go about letting them know so 100s/1000s of users don't go downloading and flashing something that doesn't work?
What really bothers me is the fact that the CM team stated "CM7.2 is more than ready for everybody to enjoy :)", and I read that they have been doing a lot of offline testing of RC1 when clearly no one there tested this particular build. Does the Evo Shift 4G even have an official maintainer anymore (toastcfh)?

I'm not sure what minor stuff your talking about with my kanged build. I posted the flashable stock fonts. Anyways I don't know what CM is doing nor do I really care anymore. The reboot issue with GPS has been a issue with their kernels for quite sometime now but since I never use their stock kerenls I've never had that issue. I won't be building kanged CM builds anymore since I have own repo source.

Reactions: TarantinoAKASerge

c00ller

Jun 10, 2010
Requesting once again, if anyone is making their own (working) builds from CM source.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you're looking for a more recent ICS rom, i'd recommend Deck's pre-beta 4. Using it right now and it is the most stable ICS build yet.

The op asked about cm7 builds, not ICS.

To anyone who builds their own CM7 kangs, could you please share a recent build?

Thanks in advance! :)

Sent from my HTC Evo Shift using Tapatalk

Try a different kernel that should fix the reboot issues with GPS.

I thought this might be the case with the audio in the rom and kernel. I need to work on a new kernel that will include some of the new audio changes that work with the rom.

I'm not sure what minor stuff your talking about with my kanged build. I posted the flashable stock fonts. Anyways I don't know what CM is doing nor do I really care anymore. The reboot issue with GPS has been a issue with their kernels for quite sometime now but since I never use their stock kerenls I've never had that issue. I won't be building kanged CM builds anymore since I have own repo source.
    This is based on cm7 but different in many ways.

http://www.gitorious.org/teamandroid/android/blobs/gingerbread-release/README.mkdn.

Follow my cm7 compiling guide but use these commands instead, then
    $ ./Speedy.sh

There's already a build on rom manager along with Dread 7us and one_love_420's roms.