Go sms pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

noy-z

Oct 14, 2011
Baton Rouge
Weird problem. My sms messages come in o.k.(one tone), but my mms messages come in with a double tone. Any help would be appreciated.:confused:

What it's doing is alerting you when you first receive the message and then when the MMS is actually downloaded. This can get quite annoying, especially if you have a lot of iBuddies always group messaging. On the other hand, it can be useful to someone like me who has very limited data and turns it off periodically. The stock messaging app doesn't have that first alert. So if I don't happen to turn data back on, that message essentially stays in limbo.

I love this feature so here's my workaround. Allow GoSMS to notify you, however, turn off the notification sound and vibration. Let the stock messaging app handle that. It's a little redundant but for someone like me, especially if I'm very low on data, this prevents me from being rude to someone because I never received their mass text.

It's a dumb old technology that the cellphone companies are desperately clinging on to to keep text-messaging a separate add-on. If text-messaging uses data, then why can't the data that we pay for take care of text-messaging?! Sorry, I'm getting off topic. LOL

What it's doing is alerting you when you first receive the message and then when the MMS is actually downloaded. This can get quite annoying, especially if you have a lot of iBuddies always group messaging. On the other hand, it can be useful to someone like me who has very limited data and turns it off periodically. The stock messaging app doesn't have that first alert. So if I don't happen to turn data back on, that message essentially stays in limbo.

I love this feature so here's my workaround. Allow GoSMS to notify you, however, turn off the notification sound and vibration. Let the stock messaging app handle that. It's a little redundant but for someone like me, especially if I'm very low on data, this prevents me from being rude to someone because I never received their mass text.

It's a dumb old technology that the cellphone companies are desperately clinging on to to keep text-messaging a separate add-on. If text-messaging uses data, then why can't the data that we pay for take care of text-messaging?! Sorry, I'm getting off topic. LOL

Thanks for the reply. I've disabled the stock messaging app, and don't see the need for two messaging apps. GoSMS only notifies me twice, when there's an attachment with the text, otherwise only one notification. I guess that i can live with it. Thanks, again.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok guys no threads about Go sms. This app has been blocked from talks on XDA due to security concerns that the Go team refuses to come clean about.

Thread closed