Official cm11 is here!

Search This thread

spicemaster

Sep 26, 2011
Bangkok
is it alpha verson? did they solve the DATA problems?

Official experimental cm11 build compiled and posted today.

This is a different build from the one posted on the 6th..

I'm using this one now..
Data/LTE, bluetooth all works great.

H/w acceleration I think has been fixed too.. Can play videos on YouTube but some videos played thru chrome are a bit glitchy on loading fullscreen..

Have not tested any games.

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b
Here are the things i've found so far:

- Videos are really glitchy, but they play with audio
- YouTube (HQ) works perfectly
- H/W acceleration is fixed(?) (got 30063 in Antutu, which i assume would be impossible without h/w acc.)
- Audio bug is still present (can't adjust the volume)
- GPS doesn't seem to work
- I have full root (which i didn't have on the unofficial build)
- WiFi/data works fine
- Calling works fine
- Camera works, but it has some focusing issues when recording videos. Also, the videoplayer glitch is also present when trying to play recorded videos.

Last edited:

Shadow of Chaos

Feb 17, 2013
Alright, I got it up too, so here's my observations (I didn't have time to do a heavy observation, but I confirmed a few things).

-Location seems to work, or at least it wasn't doing that "Locating" icon in the task bar like it usually does when the GPS doesn't work.
-Like LordManhattan observed, video playback is functional, but glitchy as hell. If you're listening to music on youtube it works fine, but otherwise it's not really good. Much better than it was before.
-On the older one I had an issue where I soon as I loaded GAPPS audio on the entire phone would break. That's been fixed.
-I used Drastic to test the graphics (Though it may be a poor test, because I think it's a software thing). It worked fine.
-I don't seem to have the audio adjustment issue everyone else is talking about.

On the whole, I think it can work as a daily driver now... I kinda need it to since my only other option ATM is DoggRom.

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b
Alright, I got it up too, so here's my observations (I didn't have time to do a heavy observation, but I confirmed a few things).

-Location seems to work, or at least it wasn't doing that "Locating" icon in the task bar like it usually does when the GPS doesn't work.
-Like LordManhattan observed, video playback is functional, but glitchy as hell. If you're listening to music on youtube it works fine, but otherwise it's not really good. Much better than it was before.
-On the older one I had an issue where I soon as I loaded GAPPS audio on the entire phone would break. That's been fixed.
-I used Drastic to test the graphics (Though it may be a poor test, because I think it's a software thing). It worked fine.
-I don't seem to have the audio adjustment issue everyone else is talking about.

On the whole, I think it can work as a daily driver now... I kinda need it to since my only other option ATM is DoggRom.

Is YouTube playback glitchy for you? It worked (i'm back on stock for now) perfectly for me. No glitches at all, but local videos and other streamed media have ugly glitches.

Shadow of Chaos

Feb 17, 2013
Is YouTube playback glitchy for you? It worked (i'm back on stock for now) perfectly for me. No glitches at all, but local videos and other streamed media have ugly glitches.

I used Viral at first to confirm the video; Viral's video is glitchy, but sound is fine, and Youtube itself completely. Good catch!

Also, I retract my previous statement: Location does NOT work.

Shadow of Chaos

Feb 17, 2013
Double posting for more coverage; Sorry if it's counter culture here.

More Observations

The Expanded desktop is currently kinda broken; It hides the actual navigation bar well enough, but certain parts of the interface still think it is there; For instance, when attempting to place icons on the dock in say NOVA Launcher, the window to place them is insanely small; The display recognizes that the nav bar is gone, but the other recognition stuff isn't functioning. (Other symptoms: The colorization for the Status Bar in Landscape mode goes to fully transparent where the Navigation bar would be; When brought down, the notification tray only goes down to where the navigation bar would be).

Adblock Plus is broken and can't request root; Now, to be fair, this isn't actually the ROM's fault directly, but is caused by the fact that Adblock Plus doesn't list super user request in it's manifest, so SuperUser denies it without giving you the prompt. Or at least that's what I figure the problem is. Adblock Plus needs to fix that.

And then I remembered ART was a thing and decided to Enable it, so the rest of this will be my comments on how ART functions so far.

First thing I notice is that it takes a long time to load up; As expected when you know what ART is, but still, worth pointing out; Don't be surprised when the CyanogenMod logo stays on a bit longer than it feels like it should or that it takes a while to build the apps.

I'm not sure if this is placebo or what, but everything feels... zippy with ART enabled. Like the whole thing kinda just zips along, except for the installing of apps, which takes a bit longer than normal (Though not perceptible for smaller apps).

So... yeah, it works pretty well, mostly. It definitely needs improvement, but for an experimental first build? VERY successful.

One final observation: Bluetooth seems a little wonky and won't seem to stay connected. It connects, but after a little bit just disconnects. I'll investigate this more later.

EDIT: Another observation: The navigation bar doesn't auto rotate correctly, and this relates to why the status bar's coloration messes up. No matter the rotation of the phone, the navigation bar will come from the "Right" side of it in landscape, and the "Bottom" in portrait.

Last edited:
Reactions: liqn7

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    check it out!:
    http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=togari

OMG. I just locked my ZU today... WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY??
    Double posting for more coverage; Sorry if it's counter culture here.

More Observations

The Expanded desktop is currently kinda broken; It hides the actual navigation bar well enough, but certain parts of the interface still think it is there; For instance, when attempting to place icons on the dock in say NOVA Launcher, the window to place them is insanely small; The display recognizes that the nav bar is gone, but the other recognition stuff isn't functioning. (Other symptoms: The colorization for the Status Bar in Landscape mode goes to fully transparent where the Navigation bar would be; When brought down, the notification tray only goes down to where the navigation bar would be).

Adblock Plus is broken and can't request root; Now, to be fair, this isn't actually the ROM's fault directly, but is caused by the fact that Adblock Plus doesn't list super user request in it's manifest, so SuperUser denies it without giving you the prompt. Or at least that's what I figure the problem is. Adblock Plus needs to fix that.

And then I remembered ART was a thing and decided to Enable it, so the rest of this will be my comments on how ART functions so far.

First thing I notice is that it takes a long time to load up; As expected when you know what ART is, but still, worth pointing out; Don't be surprised when the CyanogenMod logo stays on a bit longer than it feels like it should or that it takes a while to build the apps.

I'm not sure if this is placebo or what, but everything feels... zippy with ART enabled. Like the whole thing kinda just zips along, except for the installing of apps, which takes a bit longer than normal (Though not perceptible for smaller apps).

So... yeah, it works pretty well, mostly. It definitely needs improvement, but for an experimental first build? VERY successful.

One final observation: Bluetooth seems a little wonky and won't seem to stay connected. It connects, but after a little bit just disconnects. I'll investigate this more later.

EDIT: Another observation: The navigation bar doesn't auto rotate correctly, and this relates to why the status bar's coloration messes up. No matter the rotation of the phone, the navigation bar will come from the "Right" side of it in landscape, and the "Bottom" in portrait.