iPhone Notifications on Gear via Growl ?

Search This thread

Accounti

Sep 27, 2013
Dude read the instructions on the site you posted..

If you use bluetooth a IP is not needed...

The IP, must be a public IP.. not a local IP which bluetooth tethering would use.

Do you know a service that offers a free public IP adress for free ?
And how the Gear would get notifications from the internet ? they would have to be pushed to the gear ...

Last edited:

Accounti

Sep 27, 2013
Its possible to do, although you would need a iphone jailbreak developer to code up a app..

For example look at M2D, it sends notifications from a android phone to the gear without gear manager.. it is possible.. I just dont know if there is already a existing app out there to do it.

Yeah the problem is to find a developer that has a Gear and an iPhone

Accounti

Sep 27, 2013
So for the moment I am trying to use internet to send notifications to the gear. What I want to do is Each time the iPhone will get a notification then it will push to pushingbox the notification, than pushingbox will transmit to NotifyMyandroid which is installed I the gear. The delay is pretty correct (2-3 seconds I think).
The main problem here is to get an app that will send data to pushingbox. I tried something but did not want to work for the moment.
If someone has some knowledge or anything any help is welcome !
Stay tuned

Accounti

Sep 27, 2013
I come with bad news, What we have to do to get all the notifications is to develop a mobile substrate tweak that would catch all the notifications and push them. I wanted to do it with pushingbox that could then push them via notifymyandroid to the Gear but i don't have any knowledge in objective-c and all the developers i tried to contact did not want to help me because they stopped working on IOS.
There was also a tweak named Notify Pro that could send notifications to different service but it has been discontinued after IOS 5 or 6 and the developer also did not want to come back in the scene.
So i am alone here and cannot do anything. I'm sorry but i Think that it won't be possible ...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The gear would need an app too ?! do you know which bluetooth protocol does it use ? MAP ?
    Ok, so it would be a Growl-Like solution. Do you know if when connected over bluetooth the gear and the iPhone have some kind of IP adress ?

Bluetooth MAP protocol by definition on wikipedia:

Wikipedia said:
    Message Access Profile (MAP)[edit]
    Message Access Profile (MAP)[6] specification allows exchange of messages between devices. Mostly used for automotive handsfree use. The MAP profile can also be used for other uses that require the exchange of messages between two devices. The automotive Hands-Free use case is where an on-board terminal device (typically an electronic device as a Car-Kit installed in the car) can talk via messaging capability to another communication device (typically a mobile phone). For example, Bluetooth MAP is used by HP Send and receive text (SMS) messages from a Palm/HP smartphone to an HP TouchPad tablet.[7] Bluetooth MAP is used by Ford in select SYNC Generation 1-equipped 2011 and 2012 vehicles [8] and also by BMW with many of their iDrive systems. The Lexus LX and GS 2013 models both also support MAP as does the Honda CRV 2012, Acura 2013 and ILX 2013. Apple introduced Bluetooth MAP in iOS 6 for the iPhone and iPad. Android support was introduced in version 4.4 (KitKat).[9]

The gear runs 4.2.2, so MAP is not supported on the gear.

The gear sends JSON requests via bluetooth, you would assume it uses MAP to do this although I don't believe it does. If it did, you would see alot more custom gear apps.

It uses a API embedded in all the APK's which require data transfer from host phone to gear..

If you decompile a gear APK it can be found in:

• com.samsung.accessory.api
    • com.samsung.accessory.safiletransfer
    • com.samsung.android.sdk.accessory