l1q1d

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 19, 2008
Venice
www.tech-team.it
With this application you can:
  • download and edit latest nbh
  • download latest zImage and configure your default.txt
  • Install system, install updates, backup data, backup system, clean data, partition sd card (only if there is only fat32 partition on it)
  • Change keymapping for vogue/Polaris/kaiser (still on develop)
And much more

Using dzo's kernel and initrd is deprecated so use the update version of 2.6.32 and 2.6.25

Atools is a multiplatform tool so it works on ALL systems!

If you are a stupid windows user read before posting!

For all clever user (Linux/Mac/Windows):

Prerequisites:

You must have python 2.6 or 2.7 installed.
(3.0 is not supported yet)
Download it from HERE

NBH Editor

NAND:
Download the latest nbh using the editor, and then select which settings you want.
This will only produce the nbh file.
This goes on the root of your device.
attachment.php

HARET:
Select Haret and click on the download button to download the latest zImage.
You can also select what settings you want in your default.txt and then click the save button to create the default.txt file.
Click the box button (next to quit)to download the initrd.lzma.
All of these files go into the andboot folder.
attachment.php

Boot Script Generator

Makes installing and updating builds much easier!
No more holding buttons to get to install menus. Takes care of all the work for you.
Select where you want to install system and data and alter sizes(for SD).
Most settings are self explanatory, ask if you have any issues.
Can now partition SD during boot!
Produces an install-seq.sh file.
This needs to be placed in the andboot folder.
attachment.php

Key Mapper

Change the layout of your devices buttons.
Choose what you want and then click save.
Produces an androidupdate.tar file.
Place in the andboot folder.
You can use the "Apply update" option in Boot Script Generator to install.
attachment.php

GREAT THANKS TO LOOSERSKATE FOR CODING NBH AND WRITE GUIDE

Download atools here

old deprecated version here (right click -> save as) 0.1.1

Two guides added:
nand
haret

Last edited:

l1q1d

Sep 19, 2008
Venice
www.tech-team.it
Sd partition tool works only with latest initrd.lzma
nand user need this download directly from the "net" button.

The sd card partition must have only one partition fat32 formatted

Last edited:

loserskater

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 6, 2008
Palmdale, CA
Couldn't have been better timing. Glad to see you're takin over as you have a MUCH better idea of what you're doing. I still have a few more days with my kaiser so I'll try to help with anything while I can.

loserskater

Jun 6, 2008
Palmdale, CA
I know it's a lot easier to just use python, but it seems that everybody likes the .exe version of the nbh editor so here's an exe version of atools.

EDIT: Removed. Not updating exe anymore.

Last edited:

vellowax

Mar 25, 2010
Vibrate while boot and shutdown

I hope there's an option to eliminate the vibrate while boot and shutdown too.

Thanks for this tools, very helpfull...

TheKartus

Jul 22, 2009
Looks awesome. Good work. Appreciate the inclusion of zImages and editing. Should be useful.

pentagramII

Oct 23, 2009
Ive got a sad message for U. When I tick a GPU OC for kaiser, then my phone dont want to boot. Its writing a list of "bad blocks" on the screen and hangs, I cant even reinstall android cuz i get a message about "bad blocks, cant format" or something like that. After flash NBH without GPU OC it seems to be fine...

thoughtlesskyle

Nov 26, 2008
Outside of Philadelphia
Does htcflasher not work on Mac?

Sent from my Full Android on Vogue using XDA App

i wasn't aware of that program until now i just looked for a download for mac all i found was linux and windows downloads, can you point me in a direction i should look for it?

also having everything in one place would still be really awesome, think about it you can adjust a .nbh then flash it without even having to leave 1 program

l1q1d

Sep 19, 2008
Venice
www.tech-team.it
The problem is that there isn't a cross platform tool and i don't know if it is possible to write it in python.
Python is cross platform and it's way i use it for these tools.

loserskater

Jun 6, 2008
Palmdale, CA
Ive got a sad message for U. When I tick a GPU OC for kaiser, then my phone dont want to boot. Its writing a list of "bad blocks" on the screen and hangs, I cant even reinstall android cuz i get a message about "bad blocks, cant format" or something like that. After flash NBH without GPU OC it seems to be fine...

Kaiser gpu overclock isn't working in this version. I just fixed it last night so it should work in the next release.

pentagramII

Oct 23, 2009
loserskater but i downloaded that version from sourceforge git repo... so I think it has a GPU OC patch for kaiser...

mrkite38

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 30, 2009
California
i wasn't aware of that program until now i just looked for a download for mac all i found was linux and windows downloads, can you point me in a direction i should look for it?

also having everything in one place would still be really awesome, think about it you can adjust a .nbh then flash it without even having to leave 1 program

Try the linux version? Not sure, never done it. I know we have a few other mac users, wonder what they use...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=399762

loserskater

Jun 6, 2008
Palmdale, CA
loserskater but i downloaded that version from sourceforge git repo... so I think it has a GPU OC patch for kaiser...

I'm not sure if kaiser supports the gpu overlook. I'll look into it tonight though.

EDIT: realized I had the vogue mtdparts set on Kaiser. Haven't tested but it should be working now.

Last edited:

vellowax

Mar 25, 2010
For Alter System and Data Partition, how big the /system will be expand after install ? Can I assume, it would be the same for every builds ?
Or it won't expand at all after install, so I can determine the size just by looking the 'system' folder size ( unpack the .tar ) ?

Thanks.

robotwearswingtips

Aug 15, 2010
l1q1d - was the atools pulled down? i receive: "Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"
i've been trying to get this running for some time, and after losing a couple days - i put it to rest... but the wife it out of town this week, so it will keep me out of trouble! :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    With this application you can:
    • download and edit latest nbh
    • download latest zImage and configure your default.txt
    • Install system, install updates, backup data, backup system, clean data, partition sd card (only if there is only fat32 partition on it)
    • Change keymapping for vogue/Polaris/kaiser (still on develop)
    And much more

Using dzo's kernel and initrd is deprecated so use the update version of 2.6.32 and 2.6.25

Atools is a multiplatform tool so it works on ALL systems!

If you are a stupid windows user read before posting!

For all clever user (Linux/Mac/Windows):

Prerequisites:

You must have python 2.6 or 2.7 installed.
    (3.0 is not supported yet)
    Download it from HERE

NBH Editor

NAND:
    Download the latest nbh using the editor, and then select which settings you want.
    This will only produce the nbh file.
    This goes on the root of your device.
    attachment.php

HARET:
    Select Haret and click on the download button to download the latest zImage.
    You can also select what settings you want in your default.txt and then click the save button to create the default.txt file.
    Click the box button (next to quit)to download the initrd.lzma.
    All of these files go into the andboot folder.
    attachment.php

Boot Script Generator

Makes installing and updating builds much easier!
    No more holding buttons to get to install menus. Takes care of all the work for you.
    Select where you want to install system and data and alter sizes(for SD).
    Most settings are self explanatory, ask if you have any issues.
    Can now partition SD during boot!
    Produces an install-seq.sh file.
    This needs to be placed in the andboot folder.
    attachment.php

Key Mapper

Change the layout of your devices buttons.
    Choose what you want and then click save.
    Produces an androidupdate.tar file.
    Place in the andboot folder.
    You can use the "Apply update" option in Boot Script Generator to install.
    attachment.php

GREAT THANKS TO LOOSERSKATE FOR CODING NBH AND WRITE GUIDE

Download atools here

old deprecated version here (right click -> save as) 0.1.1

Two guides added:
    nand
    haret
    try to repartition the sd before putting on the phone on linux with fdisk, on windows with partition magic
    Change directory and use atools-1.0.4.py
    @leona: select in fstab section your fstab:
    system: sdpartition p2
    data: sdpartition p3

@arekmelerski: no you can't because is used to create combo with other keys in kernel.
    First off all, thanks for the great work you've put into this. It's nice to see people still appreciating old things ;)

As such I've gotten my hands on a few HTC polaris 100's myselfsome and thus discoverd the joy of atools.

I was wondering however, where do we report bugs?

For example, in atools there is ext4 support button, but this crashes during boot. (Using haret) but changing nothing else, ext2 works fine. I have thus installed ext2 to nand without problem.

Then there is a http://sourceforge.net/projects/and...ngerbread-all-unodex-24-01-11_07.tgz/download but no gingerbread option in atools. It works with froyo, albeit the UI is very slow. I guess renaming Froyo to Froyo/Gingerbread would be a little bit more clear?

And then keymappings, I've swapped menu and back and that works fine, so keymappings are being picked up just fine, however DPAD_CENTER should also be 'home', but doesn't work. Could be wrong on that one. Also I 'checked' end call and explorer as to also 'wake' from sleep, just like the power has been, but now those keys also put it to sleep. Unchecking that obivously fixes it, but a minor nuisance.

And then finally, the only real issue I can think of with regards to atools/the kernel, After having the phone in standby (screen off) for a while (seems like more then 30 minutes) the red led blinks regulary, but it is impossible to get it out of standby. A reset using the reset button is then required.

Other than that, awesome awesome work :)

P.S. I assume building the kernel is just getting the git tree and building that from the htcandroid page, but what about building the rest? Any instructions on what is needed and what goes where? (initrd, kernel, android userland)?
    P.P.S. Where would I report bugs about the android system from htcandroid?