[miniGUIDE] Disable flipclock for Sense HD

Search This thread

kurniawan77

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 1, 2008
☺☻♦®▼▼õ┘Œ
Haven't seen this mod in the Desire HD threads or even in the HD2 Nand DHD threads so i hope i am the first that found out this mod. If not correct me then... Figured the way to hack this flipclock so here we go!

I assume that if u want to do this you know how it works so i'm not going into details too much.

- smali backsmali classes.dex in HtcClockWidget.apk or decompile with dependencies...
- look up for the file HtcDigitalClock42View.smali in \com\htc\WeatherClockWidget
- search for these lines:
Code:
const-string v5, "clockwidget_flip"

const/4 v6, 0x1
- and change it to:
Code:

const/4 v6, 0x0
That's it.... Happy theming peeps...

this is what i have done so far... a nice transparent clock... without the flip;)

wheatherclock.png
wheatherclock2.png

Last edited:

HQRaja

Retired News Writer
Jan 27, 2008
Islamabad
hqraja.com
Hello!

Can you please post a guide on how to get a clock like yours for someone who doesn't know how to customize themes and smali/backsmali etc.

If possible, can you also provide with files that anyone can use to install or replace the original files with, to get exactly the look like your clock?

Thanks.

madindehead

Apr 14, 2009
Does this disable the minutes and hours flip, or just the flip the clock does everytime the home screen refreshes. As one is annoying, and the minutes flip is actually nice, it is important to get it right.

And as for extracting the files, not a clue on how to do it. So it's less of a mod, and more of a guide I would say.

kurniawan77

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 1, 2008
☺☻♦®▼▼õ┘Œ
Alright changed the title to miniGUIDE then. If you like to know how to mod the apk i would like to refer you to ApkTool or much easier ApkManager. If u want to pull out the apk from your phone use ADB or Droidexplorer. I'm not that guy that explains everything for these tools, if u read it u might understand why. I'm just explaining which lines u need to modify to get the flipclock disabled. This way the flipclock is fully disabled, no way to have other options...

Reactions: HQRaja

lvnatic

Dec 5, 2010
Iasi
Do you really expect people to know how to decompile stuff and then sign them? Really? This guide is beyond poor...it needs a proper tutorial or just delete this thread, useless.
I don't have the slightest idea how to do this and I'm not even going to try, when I've seen the GUI of apk manager I freaked out.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Haven't seen this mod in the Desire HD threads or even in the HD2 Nand DHD threads so i hope i am the first that found out this mod. If not correct me then... Figured the way to hack this flipclock so here we go!

I assume that if u want to do this you know how it works so i'm not going into details too much.

- smali backsmali classes.dex in HtcClockWidget.apk or decompile with dependencies...
    - look up for the file HtcDigitalClock42View.smali in \com\htc\WeatherClockWidget
    - search for these lines:
    Code:

const/4 v6, 0x1
    - and change it to:
    Code:

const/4 v6, 0x0
    That's it.... Happy theming peeps...

this is what i have done so far... a nice transparent clock... without the flip;)

wheatherclock.png
    wheatherclock2.png
    Alright changed the title to miniGUIDE then. If you like to know how to mod the apk i would like to refer you to ApkTool or much easier ApkManager. If u want to pull out the apk from your phone use ADB or Droidexplorer. I'm not that guy that explains everything for these tools, if u read it u might understand why. I'm just explaining which lines u need to modify to get the flipclock disabled. This way the flipclock is fully disabled, no way to have other options...