[Q] galaxy player 5 international soft bricked

Search This thread

jnmaster

Apr 20, 2012
I recently got a galaxy player 5 international with froyo. I rooted it with no problems, but when I tried to flash a kernel with cwm recovery it would get stuck in a boot loop unless i went into the cwm recovery mode. I noticed that the kernel I used, rumirand's r14, was based off of GB and thought that might be my problem. I tried updating my firmware to GB using WT Ho's custom rom, and now it just hangs on the samsung logo, but I can still get into cwm. I made sure to wipe both caches and wipe data before installing the rom. Is this fixable or have I turned it into an expensive paperweight?

zilian28

Apr 23, 2012
Goiânia
I had this problem once and I managed to solve it flashing a full rom (like 2.3.5 rooted and with rj kernel). It seems some users are having problems when flashing only the kernel. After you solve the problem, flash back group rom.

jnmaster

Apr 20, 2012
I just tried the rom+kernel. It said it was successful but it must not have been because it was hanging on boot again, and now it won't respond to the power button. If I plug it in to the computer it gets an image of a battery turns off and repeats.

WT Ho

Jul 4, 2011
I just tried the rom+kernel. It said it was successful but it must not have been because it was hanging on boot again, and now it won't respond to the power button. If I plug it in to the computer it gets an image of a battery turns off and repeats.

Can you go back to CWM after flashing rom+kernel? If yes, usually it is a matter of wiping the data and Dalvik cache. Which ROM+Kernel did you flashed?