[Q] need help urgent installing htc one x update

Search This thread
Aug 23, 2013
gurgaon
I got htc one x running on 4.1 and it is showing update 4.2
My phone display was dead earlier and got it repaired now and started using it again so checked this update now
My problem is i downloaded the update which comes as ota update and when i start to install the update it goes to clock work recovery mode and then shows signature verification failed and installation aborted..so i disabled signature verifiation and the installation bypass the signature but still the installtion is abortes due to aome error

I want to update my htc one x to latest stock firmware but dont know how to do it...i bought it from one of my friend so i dont know what is this clock work recovery mode and how to install my ota update in my phone

So if any body there know how to do so then pls help me out.

Klown80

Aug 22, 2011
Everywhere
You need stock recovery to flash an ota update, it will fail everytime as long as you have cwm recovery installed. You can either find the stock recovery and flash it via fastboot or you can just run the RUU for your current firmware to convert phone back to complete stock.

If you only flash the recovery.img with fastboot and ota still fails it means the update detected your firmware has been modified and reflashing firmware will most likely be needed before you can accept the ota. Please note if you use RUU, it will remove root and put phone back to complete stock meaning you would have to unlock bootloader and reflash recovery to regain root access after updating. I am wanting to say make sure you are s-off before using ruu if you choose to go that route, if you have supercid and run the RUU it can have bad consequences. (if you have the att one x then it most likely has supercid from unlocking bootloader previously)

Since you are already rooted and have cwm recovery, you might think of just flashing a stock 4.2.2 rom via cwm to update instead of using ota to update. (This will only update the OS, not the radio, bootloader or other parts of firmware)

Hope this helps and good luck!

Sent from my SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

Aug 23, 2013
gurgaon
You need stock recovery to flash an ota update, it will fail everytime as long as you have cwm recovery installed. You can either find the stock recovery and flash it via fastboot or you can just run the RUU for your current firmware to convert phone back to complete stock.

If you only flash the recovery.img with fastboot and ota still fails it means the update detected your firmware has been modified and reflashing firmware will most likely be needed before you can accept the ota. Please note if you use RUU, it will remove root and put phone back to complete stock meaning you would have to unlock bootloader and reflash recovery to regain root access after updating. I am wanting to say make sure you are s-off before using ruu if you choose to go that route, if you have supercid and run the RUU it can have bad consequences. (if you have the att one x then it most likely has supercid from unlocking bootloader previously)

Since you are already rooted and have cwm recovery, you might think of just flashing a stock 4.2.2 rom via cwm to update instead of using ota to update. (This will only update the OS, not the radio, bootloader or other parts of firmware)

Hope this helps and good luck!

Sent from my SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

i got fastboot flasher downloaded but don't know how to do the update now so can u tell me how to do it
also i got my boot relocked and then i tried to update using this ota downloaded firmware file but every time i try to install it get stucked to the boot screen and then i have to reboot my phone to get it working and also was not able to hard reset my phone then so i again unlocked my boot so now i am able to hard reset my phone and after unlocking this ota downloaded firmware is showing this error

i read somewhere that i can update using fastboot flasher so i downloaded it but dont know how to do so
so if possible explain the steps

Aug 23, 2013
gurgaon
Well i have done this till now
Downloaded fastboot flasher
Extracted it
Took my phone and started boot mode n then fastboot n then connected it to pc
From the fastboot flasher folder clicked on the run me and then run the app n then selected the recovery option
And then slected the stock recovery 1.29 option
Then it shows completed and reboot the fast loder
All is done

Phone restarted and then tried to install the ota update and the phone only gets hard reset...update is not installed..

So what else i have to do to install the update...neither i want my phone to be rooted nor anything else just want to install this stock firmware update

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

nikola016

Apr 4, 2013
www.cardoorlight.com
Well i have done this till now
Downloaded fastboot flasher
Extracted it
Took my phone and started boot mode n then fastboot n then connected it to pc
From the fastboot flasher folder clicked on the run me and then run the app n then selected the recovery option
And then slected the stock recovery 1.29 option
Then it shows completed and reboot the fast loder
All is done

Phone restarted and then tried to install the ota update and the phone only gets hard reset...update is not installed..

So what else i have to do to install the update...neither i want my phone to be rooted nor anything else just want to install this stock firmware update

Type fastboot getvar all , all you got copy/paste here and delete IMEI and SERIAL NUMBER, so someone could will give you link to RUU, which you will install and after that your phone will be full stock, you will get sense 5 update which will be instaled normaly. :)

Aug 23, 2013
gurgaon
K guys...last night i used flashboot flasher n completed its steps and then today i again downloaded the ota firmware the firmware started installing but after about 30 to 40 %(i thnk) as it was showing nly a green line going forward...it stoped and show a red triangle on the phone screen and i had to restart my phone again n old firmware is still there
Attached the pic which is showing the triangle

So if ny body knows what dis is n how to instal update then tell me

Attachments

• 1392020776386.jpg
    1392020776386.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 31

big noob

Oct 1, 2010
Classified
Well you have to download stock recovery..And to fastboot folder then hold shift and right click open command prompt here..And then put that stock recovery.img in fastboot files..
Fastboot flash recovery recoveryname.img
Fastboot erase cache

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Aug 23, 2013
gurgaon
Bhai maine jo download kiya h vo to zip file hai...usme img kaise...n step wise procedure bata do...

Aug 23, 2013
gurgaon
Maine ota download kiya h jo htc one x ki internal memory main ati hai download nam se folder hai usme...aur kuch karna ho to vo bata do...n getvar kar ke main jo b ata h vo thdi der main post kar dunga..

DeeZZ_NuuZZ

May 16, 2012
Hanover
HTC 10
Google Pixel 3 XL
Maine ota download kiya h jo htc one x ki internal memory main ati hai download nam se folder hai usme...aur kuch karna ho to vo bata do...n getvar kar ke main jo b ata h vo thdi der main post kar dunga..

Bhai maine jo download kiya h vo to zip file hai...usme img kaise...n step wise procedure bata do...

English !!!!!!

Gesendet von meinem HTC One X mit Tapatalk

Aug 23, 2013
gurgaon
I downloaded the ota update which got saved in the internal memory of htc one x in the folder download and then tried to update n then i got this error so tell me how to update step wise

The Android Manual

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 28, 2012
Sparta
I downloaded the ota update which got saved in the internal memory of htc one x in the folder download and then tried to update n then i got this error so tell me how to update step wise

Do you have a backup of your STOCK ROM before you rooted? And can you post your CID here? Just follow these steps (if you don't know how)

1. Open a terminal window and navigate to the directory where you have fastboot
2. Reboot your phone to bootloader mode and select fastboot
3. Type
Code:
fastboot getvar cid
-*-*-* If you wish to continue without me (lol) follow these (again)
4. Once you have your CID with you search for the PROPER RUU for your CID
5. Once you have the RUU, you'll have to re-lock your bootloader
6. To re lock your bootloader; type
Code:
fastboot oem lock
7. Alright now thats done, download your stock recovery and then flash that one as well (I know you know how to do that dude)
Code:
fastboot erase cache
Then
Code:
fastboot flash recovery image_name.img
8. Now go back to HBOOT mode
9. Launch the RUU.exe you downloaded (should be 3.14.xx.xxx. I believe 3.14 is the JB RUU)
10. Everything should go well if you followed everything.
11. You should be on stock now, go ahead and try updating your HOX

Good luck ;) (and again, DOWNLOAD THE RUU FOR YOUR CID or else you WILL BRICK your phone :) lol and after you lock you bootloader you CANNOT reboot your phone again, it won't boot anyway lol)

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2013
gurgaon
No i dont have the backup of my stock rom as i was not the one who rooted it...it was my friend and he is not here...infact he is out of country so he cant help me in any way..

DeeZZ_NuuZZ

May 16, 2012
Hanover
HTC 10
Google Pixel 3 XL
No i dont have the backup of my stock rom as i was not the one who rooted it...it was my friend and he is not here...infact he is out of country so he cant help me in any way..

Then when you are in fastboot type in a command window on PC the command fastboot getvar all...remove the imei and s/n and post here...or just look yourself there take the main version and search on Google for the stock recovery ...like HTC one x stock recovery "x.xx.XXX.xx" <- that's the maninversion you need to write...not the x's but the number you have...

Gesendet von meinem One X mit Tapatalk