While I Wait...

Search This thread

aer0zer0

Recognized Contributor
....for my H/K m8 to arrive via mail I found this 64 gb class 10 micro sd card on Ebay with free shipping if anyone is interested. It is from a reputable memory maker and seller has 100% positive feedback rating (over 4000 reviews). Pretty good price with free shipping. Here is the link if anyone is interested:

This is the link. Not sure how long this price will last! ($24.99)

PS. I don't have a performance review because I just ordered mine on 5/12/14. I will update thread with performance review once I receive it. :cool:

Sharing is caring!

*Update: Card never shipped and I am awaiting refund. :mad:

*Update: Received refund, lesson learned. Thank you @aer0zer0, @MindfulSheep and @redpoint73 for the scolding and valuable info. :D :p

No scolding here sir, i literally bought that exact card, from that exact seller, 2 weeks before you did. And i informed him with those pics i posted. Funny thing is it is a 8gb max capacity card, but its also not 10x either. I use it as my "RUU Card" since he told me not to send it back after i discovered the issue. Moral of the story

1. never buy flash drives, SD, Microsd, or anything that has the potential to be firmware hacked.... your gonna have a bad time :) (insert south park meme here)

2. SD insight & h2testw.exe are the best tools to authenticate write speed & capacity.

paullu

Aug 26, 2007
usa
What does "working perfectly" mean? Did you test it for speed and capacity?

Speed class might be hard to tell the difference without testing apps depending on what you are saving to the SD.

Capacity on the fakes will falsely report to the phone (so it will show up as full capacity) until you hit the actual capacity (i.e. an actual 8GB card faked to look like a 64GB), then it won't be able to right any more filees.

---------- Post added at 08:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

It wasn't a "scolding" from me. Just passing on what I've seen many others report on XDA for your information; along with my own personal opinion on where I buy SD memory from.

I can sure there is 64gb and transfer speed not fast as it should be
but $29 for 64gb for me that is enough

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
I can sure there is 64gb and transfer speed not fast as it should be
but $29 for 64gb for me that is enough

"Not as fast as it should be" meaning its a fake?

If so, I don't see $29 being much of a bargain. The genuine goods are available at Newegg for $35. 64GB Sandisk, about the best you can get, for $6 more.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Rule of thumb: If it sounds too good to be true, and Ebay is involved, it's not legitimate. :D
    It's fake, I bought the same one. Got my money back though.

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

Download SD insight, it will only write about 7.5gb then trash everything else

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

Or download h2testw for the pc and check it first
    +1.

eBay just has too many counterfeits. The eller does have a really good rating. But its still not worth it to me, when I can buy from a reputable seller (NewEgg, Amazon) for around $10 more, and be positive its legit and a vendor with a highly reliable return policy.

So, i work at a company where i have to work with alot of conformity marks. We got dinged a couple years ago for having a CE logo that wasnt to dimensions (they are REALLY tough on this). If you look at the package on the back where the conformity logos are, the CE logo is all messed up. STRIKE1

I put the SD card in my laptop before it even went into my phone, it registers 62.8GB free EXFAT...... Thats definitely not right for a 64GB, should be around 59 and change formatted properly...STRIKE2

Then i ran H2testW on the card, and you can see the results from the pictures i posted STRIKE3.

Its pretty impressive for a knockoff, the screen printing is nice, packaged well etc... but it is what it is
    Its pretty impressive for a knockoff, the screen printing is nice, packaged well etc... but it is what it is

Yeah, I've seen far to many reports like this on XDA. Its unfortunate that so many knockoffs have polluted eBay, as I'm sure there are plenty of legit sellers. But for things like SD (easy to counterfeit and make it look like a much more expensive version), I only buy direct from a reputable vendor (Amazon, NewEgg, etc.).