[Q] Besides EFS backup what else?

Search This thread

UD3R

Oct 20, 2011
Before Installing Recovery / Rom what should be backed up (except personal data) ?
I heard EFS should be backed up and made into several copies.

Last edited:

Darkened_Sky

Jun 17, 2013
Germany
Before Installing Recovery / Rom what should be backed up (except personal data) ?
I heard EFS should be backed up and made into several copies.

you are right.
First thing after root = backup your efs folder
Then after you got a custom recovery, making a nandroid backup is always a good idea.
and yes personal data is also good to be saved.
in addition i highly suggest you to read the stickies
after that happy flashing :laugh:

UD3R

Oct 20, 2011
you are right.
First thing after root = backup your efs folder
Then after you got a custom recovery, making a nandroid backup is always a good idea.
and yes personal data is also good to be saved.
in addition i highly suggest you to read the stickies
after that happy flashing :laugh:
Well I rooted the device.
Used kTool(Verification screenshot: http://oi57.tinypic.com/s2gl01.jpg) to backup the EFS, got two files: efs.IMG & efs.tar.gz one is 20MB the other is 0KB this is normal? Cause the verification said there's an error of some sort..
I have SuperSU as Root controller, this ok?

Darkened_Sky

Jun 17, 2013
Germany
Well I rooted the device.
Used kTool(Verification screenshot: http://oi57.tinypic.com/s2gl01.jpg) to backup the EFS, got two files: efs.IMG & efs.tar.gz one is 20MB the other is 0KB this is normal? Cause the verification said there's an error of some sort..
I have SuperSU as Root controller, this ok?

i suggest you to use philz touch as custom recovery and make an efs backup within the recovery...

UD3R

Oct 20, 2011
i suggest you to use philz touch as custom recovery and make an efs backup within the recovery...
Last time I did that somehow ****ed my phone up.. Not going to try. Also last time I lost my IMEI & Serial using the backup that I made via kTool restored it properly!

* All of the above was on the previous Motherboard! *