Bluetooth headsets - sequence of operation

Search This thread

peteding

Feb 11, 2004
I decided to open a new thread although there were several threads on the use of bluetooth headsets. My intent is to explore whether there is a particular sequence that we need to follow when operating the XDAII and BT headset. I am using a Ericsson HBH-65.

First observation:

I notice that I need to end all calls via the bluetooth headset rather than from the XDAII. If I end a call using the XDAII (ie depressing the red button), for subsequent calls whether incoming or outcoming, I cannot use the headset. There is no connection between the 2. I seem to be able to simulate this almost 99% of the time.

Second observation:

I normally switch off my BT headset overnight for charging purposes etc. At the same time I deactivate the BT settings on my XDAII.
The next morning, I would activate the BT settings, BT profiles and then switch on my headset.
I notice that for the first call I made/receive the next day, I will have problems using the headset. I am not quite sure whether it is the case that I need to switch on my BT headset first and then the XDAII BT settings and BT profiles. I say this as to resolve the problem, I seemingly need to deactivate/activate the BT profile settings before it works and then for subsequent calls I would have no problems using the headset. This needs further testing to test my hypothesis.

Anyone notice anything different on their part.

regards

ratnamg

Jan 18, 2004
Same issues

I have had the HBH-65 and have noticed the same issues. I have also had an Logitech and did not have any problems with that.. I am guessing the issue is with the firmware on the HBH-65.

lummac

Jan 13, 2004
I have a Jabra 250, and I do not have to follow any ritual to have it to work fine

austbar

Feb 29, 2004
I have a Logitech Bluetooth headset with my Qtek 2020 (rom 1.60.21), and it works like crap.
First of all, the headset wont turn on/off sometimes.
Second - if its turned on, and the qtek has been turned off, i need to reconnect it, to switch automatticly when recieving a call.
Thirdly - both speak and hear is very poor quality/fare away (very silent) even though ive turned the volume to maxx.

BRosenow

Jan 8, 2004
Alabama
BT Headset - Works Flawlessly

I have a Sony Ericsson HBH-30 headset and I never give the slightest thought to sequences or procedures. I can turn the headset on and off, the profile on and off, even the BT stack on and off - without ever having to re-bond or anything else.

Now if I could just voice-dial a call with the bloody thing I would be truly happy indeed. :)

olliesshop

Dec 28, 2003
Grosse Pointe, Michigan
Same problems but getting it figured out

I have the HBH-65 and it seems to work fine now that I've hopefully figured it out. I do a few things. First, I leave the Bluetooth on, on my i-Mate. Second, once it's in range I've noticed it takes about a minute for it to link up. When it links it either makes a single beep (if I just turned on the Headset) or a quiet click if it was already on. I doesn't work ALL of the time, but the more I use it the better it gets. I really expected it to be a little easier.

chocobot

Feb 25, 2004
I have the HBH-200 with call display...which the salesman assured me that it would work with my XDA 2! Call display does not work, and if I end a call on the O2 the headset will hang. Other than that it's great!

fishmedia

Feb 22, 2004
UK
www.fish-media.net
I Have a XDAII and a HBH-35

They key to it seems to be not to turn anything off ! it's really frustrating when you think it's all linked up and then get in the car only to recieve a call and not be able to answer it with the headset.

If I have turned the headset off it's a right pain to bond again, red, green lights, funny beeps it's very confusing !

Once it's bonded it's great ! I am amazed with the call quality.

gigino

Nov 6, 2003
London
I have an Sony Ericsson HBH 35, I have no problem w3ith the bluetooth pick up call are end calls.
I can even transfer call from my bluetooth to the handaset and by reverse pick up call on my handset and then transfer the call back to the headset all I have to do his to hold the button on the headset fro a few second and the call transfer from the handaset to the bluetooth headset no problem.
Great piece of headset I would really reccomended it to anyone.
The rom on my XDA II is still the version 1.05
Regards
Gigino

gigino

Nov 6, 2003
London
I only turn the headset off at night when I charge it. I use to swwitch off the headset but not anymore becauswe if it is on it use very very little power so it last all day with no problem.
The bluetooth on the XDA II I have never turn it off since I bought it 5 month ago the bluetooth headset on the XdA II is always on.
I've try it switch it of and then on the bletooth and the bluetooh heaset on the XDA II but when I turn it on and turn the headset on it all works fine.
They is no issue on the headset I've tryed every diffrent combinetion the is and the headset works fine.
I have never needed to rebond the headset with the XDA II.
The only thing I have not try is if I can receive a second caller.
Mean trying to switch between 2 caller when I have the chance I will try it.
Regards
Gigino