Stock ROM Reset | 1.31.651.2 + 1.29.651.10 | Stock Recovery Included

Search This thread

crushalot

Jun 18, 2011
Raleigh
www.htc1guru.com
If you are still S-On (or S-off but lazy or tentative) and want a simple way to return to the stock ROM and also be able flash back the stock radio and recovery then this may be for you.

XDA member migascalp gave me the idea of packaging stock ROM's with the aroma installer and include the ability to flash the stock recovery also as sort of a poor mans RUU since so many still are S-on and cannot properly run a RUU.
I have been making these for a few different versions for the GSM model M7 UL:
See here: http://www.htc1guru.com/downloads/stock-rom-downloads/

I got a request to do one for the Sprint Variant, so here it is. To be clear, I personally do not own the Sprint version, so I couldn't test this, however it is a fairly basic script and I only changed the partition info for formatting and copying the data. Thanks to XDA member @(^_^)@ for the partition layout.

If you are looking to run the stock ROM but rooted (You can add root during my installer) or modded then you will probably want one of these:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2368907
Thanks to Indirect for the firmware and stock rom dumps.
Thanks to the.emilio for Radio information.

You simply flash in recovery like installing any other rom.

Here are the screen shots of the Aroma Installer. Sorry for some the bad edits, its really hard to get a good pic taken manually at bootloader or recovery:

gurupost1.jpg

gurupost2.jpg

gurupost3.jpg

It seems like the Radio flashing was a problem, so I have removed it from the package. It will not show up as an option during the installer.
ROM and Recovery flash fine.
I have updated the download link and md5

Thanks

Here is the download link:

Guru Reset M7 Sprint 1.31.651.2

md5: f3d055dea52b60674833c2cbb87893fb

Guru Reset M7 Sprint 1.29.651.10

md5: 29a4b3cd30a848a8e6c9e1e7bd079740

Guru Reset M7 Sprint 3.04.651.2

md5: 0cc1048c835512e1d988525ea8aa2815

........Credits........​
Thanks to Indirect for the 1.31.651.2 Stock ROM
Thanks to O.M.J. for the 3.04.651.2 Stock ROM

Enjoy!

Last edited:

rubyknight

Sep 19, 2010
Sevierville TN
Stuck on the "Installing Stock Rom" screen. Won't flash anything, just stays at 0.00%. Just stuck on that screen... I'm HTC Dev-unlocked only, on stock 1.31

Edit: Tried it again, this time with just the recovery, no radio, and it worked fine :good: Still waiting for it to reboot but it looks good.

Last edited:

crushalot

Jun 18, 2011
Raleigh
www.htc1guru.com
Stuck on the "Installing Stock Rom" screen. Won't flash anything, just stays at 0.00%. Just stuck on that screen... I'm HTC Dev-unlocked only, on stock 1.31

Edit: Tried it again, this time with just the recovery, no radio, and it worked fine :good: Still waiting for it to reboot but it looks good.
OK, I know in TWRP when finished you have select to reboot, I didn't insert that into the script.
Odd that it is the Radio that has the issue. I will pull the package for now and update it so there is no choice for Radio install only recovery.

Thanks

crushalot

Jun 18, 2011
Raleigh
www.htc1guru.com
Uploading new version without the option to flash the radio.

I think most are just concerned with ROM and Recovery anyway.
I will update OP when new link is live.

crushalot

Jun 18, 2011
Raleigh
www.htc1guru.com
And as the post says, it will return me to 100% OEM Stock ROM and recovery without needing S-OFF first?
That is correct.
Well technically 99% as the stock radio was pulled from the package and can't be installed with the rom and recovery. The radio version shouldn't matter but you can always manually flash the correct radio before running this installer.

GeekasaurusWrex

Nov 24, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
That is correct.
Well technically 99% as the stock radio was pulled from the package and can't be installed with the rom and recovery. The radio version shouldn't matter but you can always manually flash the correct radio before running this installer.

Well, I can say that this has worked for me. I flashed the radios, did the reset and back on all stock everything. The only issues are that Qualcomm's Enhanced Location stops working, and my phone randomly rebooted once but that may have been coincidental. I just v wished I had saved the firmware update to dropbox so I wouldn't have to download it again.

I2izzo

Oct 17, 2010
Jonesboro
My issue was I am s-on and running a 4.3 Rom. There was no way to get the entire firmware package (PRI, firmware, radio's, etc) without being s-off. I noticed revone AND moonshine wouldn't work on the new 1.55hboot so I used this download and flashed it then manually did the OTA update to 4.3. Yes I lost root, yes my Qualcomm would not work, however, I got the FULL firmware update. I then just re-rooted and flashed OMJs deodexed and life is all good. Thank you for making this, it helped me a ton. Now I just gotta wait for an s-off method on hboot 1.55.

Sent from my HTCONE using xda app-developers app

itster2

Aug 7, 2008
NY
if you have at any point upgrade to 4.3 from 4.1 using a rooted rom, back up your 0 folder or this process will wipe it out completely.

Reactions: crushalot

crushalot

Jun 18, 2011
Raleigh
www.htc1guru.com
Well, I can say that this has worked for me. I flashed the radios, did the reset and back on all stock everything. The only issues are that Qualcomm's Enhanced Location stops working, and my phone randomly rebooted once but that may have been coincidental. I just v wished I had saved the firmware update to dropbox so I wouldn't have to download it again.
Looks like that is known issue on stock roms:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2467607

crushalot

Jun 18, 2011
Raleigh
www.htc1guru.com
My issue was I am s-on and running a 4.3 Rom. There was no way to get the entire firmware package (PRI, firmware, radio's, etc) without being s-off. I noticed revone AND moonshine wouldn't work on the new 1.55hboot so I used this download and flashed it then manually did the OTA update to 4.3. Yes I lost root, yes my Qualcomm would not work, however, I got the FULL firmware update. I then just re-rooted and flashed OMJs deodexed and life is all good. Thank you for making this, it helped me a ton. Now I just gotta wait for an s-off method on hboot 1.55.

Nice. That is good to know.

Thanks

jharre08

Mar 9, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Just to be clear, I can flash this to get back to bone-stock. Then I can do the OTA to get the new 4.3 firmware?
I am currently running Team Nocturnal's GPE(4.2.2) and S-On with ClockworkMod Recovery. Thanks guys.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you are still S-On (or S-off but lazy or tentative) and want a simple way to return to the stock ROM and also be able flash back the stock radio and recovery then this may be for you.

XDA member migascalp gave me the idea of packaging stock ROM's with the aroma installer and include the ability to flash the stock recovery also as sort of a poor mans RUU since so many still are S-on and cannot properly run a RUU.
    I have been making these for a few different versions for the GSM model M7 UL:
    See here: http://www.htc1guru.com/downloads/stock-rom-downloads/

I got a request to do one for the Sprint Variant, so here it is. To be clear, I personally do not own the Sprint version, so I couldn't test this, however it is a fairly basic script and I only changed the partition info for formatting and copying the data. Thanks to XDA member @(^_^)@ for the partition layout.

If you are looking to run the stock ROM but rooted (You can add root during my installer) or modded then you will probably want one of these:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2368907
    Thanks to Indirect for the firmware and stock rom dumps.
    Thanks to the.emilio for Radio information.

You simply flash in recovery like installing any other rom.

Here are the screen shots of the Aroma Installer. Sorry for some the bad edits, its really hard to get a good pic taken manually at bootloader or recovery:

gurupost1.jpg

gurupost2.jpg

gurupost3.jpg

It seems like the Radio flashing was a problem, so I have removed it from the package. It will not show up as an option during the installer.
    ROM and Recovery flash fine.
    I have updated the download link and md5

Thanks

Here is the download link:

Guru Reset M7 Sprint 1.31.651.2

md5: f3d055dea52b60674833c2cbb87893fb

Guru Reset M7 Sprint 1.29.651.10

md5: 29a4b3cd30a848a8e6c9e1e7bd079740

Guru Reset M7 Sprint 3.04.651.2

md5: 0cc1048c835512e1d988525ea8aa2815

........Credits........​
    Thanks to Indirect for the 1.31.651.2 Stock ROM
    Thanks to O.M.J. for the 3.04.651.2 Stock ROM

Enjoy!
    New version with no option to flash radio is now live.
    OP Updated.

Thanks
    And as the post says, it will return me to 100% OEM Stock ROM and recovery without needing S-OFF first?
    That is correct.

Yes, if you have working touchscreen on his rom then the stock 1.31 will work fine.

Ok, here goes nothing... :fingers-crossed:

UPDATE: Flashed with no problems, touch works, no issues. Downloading the 3.04 OTA. Signal sucks at work, may have to do it over wifi at home. I will keep posted.

UPDATE 2: Everything went smooth! Now on the 3.04 firmware and everything seems to be working as it should! Thanks again for this awesome tool!