[Q] [DOWNGRADE] Safe method to downgrade ?

Search This thread

dey2929

Jan 29, 2011
NEW DELHI
I want to downgrade my Nexus from 4.4.2 (Omni nightly) to 4.3.1 (any custom rom). I tried flashing 4.3.1 PSX but was stuck in a bootloop. So I want to know the safest method to downgrade to 4.3.1 ?

heinrico

Nov 18, 2013
I want to downgrade my Nexus from 4.4.2 (Omni nightly) to 4.3.1 (any custom rom). I tried flashing 4.3.1 PSX but was stuck in a bootloop. So I want to know the safest method to downgrade to 4.3.1 ?

have you ever tried to format dalvik cache?

I don't think it is possible if you directly do that thru custom rom. since you have the updated version of os. I think the best way is to turn back your os to 4.3 first then you can have your custom rom installed.

but lets just see what others can say about it. I also have this problem when I tried to revert back my os directly from 4.4.2 to 4.2.2 using lewa os5.

VicktorDroid

Nov 25, 2013
Tuxtla
I always use the recovery to downgrade, wiping data of course before flashing. The last downgrade that i've made was from 4.4 to 4.2.2 and i havent notice any issue after that...

ngr.hd

Oct 27, 2010
Dey better hai toolkit mat use kar, CWM/TWRP se pura dalvic aur data cache wipe kar phir vanilla method laga ie. fastboot se stock image flash kar

dey2929

Jan 29, 2011
NEW DELHI
Download and use the tool kit. It will guide you step by step. You can find it in the original development section.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I always use the recovery to downgrade, wiping data of course before flashing. The last downgrade that i've made was from 4.4 to 4.2.2 and i havent notice any issue after that...

Dey better hai toolkit mat use kar, CWM/TWRP se pura dalvic aur data cache wipe kar phir vanilla method laga ie. fastboot se stock image flash kar

Will my internal storage be wiped ?
Like my personal data ?

badboy47

Nov 23, 2009
Like my personal data ?

Yes everything will be wiped. Google automatically backups your calendar, emails, contacts, Wi-Fi passwords, bookmarks for Chrome. However, things like sms messages, pictures, save games, music, ringtones or any other type of files stored on the nexus 4 are not backed up automatically. Make sure to backup those manually by using a third party app or directly coping it to your computer.

Last edited:
Reactions: dey2929

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Like my personal data ?

Yes everything will be wiped. Google automatically backups your calendar, emails, contacts, Wi-Fi passwords, bookmarks for Chrome. However, things like sms messages, pictures, save games, music, ringtones or any other type of files stored on the nexus 4 are not backed up automatically. Make sure to backup those manually by using a third party app or directly coping it to your computer.