[Q] Return to stock issue

Search This thread

keeferb

Sep 9, 2013
I am selling my TF700 and wanted to return to stock before selling it(currently have chromi-x 5.3). I downloaded the 4.2.1 stock rom from the Asus website, unzipped, copied the rom zip to the sd card of the tablet. Rebooted to TWRP and installed the zip. Everything seemed to install fine. The tablet rebooted and the lock screen came up. But when I swipe to unlock, I get a 'Unfortunately, Launcher has stopped' message. I can hit Ok, but the message just keeps repeating. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
I am selling my TF700 and wanted to return to stock before selling it(currently have chromi-x 5.3). I downloaded the 4.2.1 stock rom from the Asus website, unzipped, copied the rom zip to the sd card of the tablet. Rebooted to TWRP and installed the zip. Everything seemed to install fine. The tablet rebooted and the lock screen came up. But when I swipe to unlock, I get a 'Unfortunately, Launcher has stopped' message. I can hit Ok, but the message just keeps repeating. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Make sure you wipe data first in TWRP?

But you'll have to install TWRP again to do that ;)

Personally I would have just left CROMI-X on it - better customer service :)

keeferb

Sep 9, 2013
Make sure you wipe data first in TWRP?

But you'll have to install TWRP again to do that ;)

Personally I would have just left CROMI-X on it - better customer service :)

Thanks for the quick response. And you're right, I should have just left it alone and sold it as is.

Any advice on how to get TWRP re-installed? I believe the first time around I did it by installing GooManager from the Play Store. Since I can't get there that option won't work.

sbdags

Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
Thanks for the quick response. And you're right, I should have just left it alone and sold it as is.

Any advice on how to get TWRP re-installed? I believe the first time around I did it by installing GooManager from the Play Store. Since I can't get there that option won't work.

You'll have to install it over fastboot - the instructions are in the TWRP thread in the dev section ;)

Reactions: keeferb

berndblb

Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA

I assume you downloaded the correct SKU since you did everything else correct.
My guess is: a bad flash.
Try booting into recovery. If you get the dead Android, the stock recovery installed fine. If you have the Asus firmware on your microSD, rename it to EP201_768_SDUPDATE.zip and boot into recovery. It should recognize the file and flash it.
Alternatively, you could flash TWRP in fastboot and flash the firmware again.

Side note: I will never understand why people flash the tablet back to the lousy stock rom to sell it.... Anybody doing the least bit of research should know that this tablet with CROMi-X installed is 10x better - that actually only custom ROMing makes it useable.....
I would offer it here on the XDA market as: "TF700 in mint condition with a clean installation of any bootloader/recovery/kernel/rom you desire" ;)

Reactions: keeferb

keeferb

Sep 9, 2013
I re-installed TWRP via fastboot, formatted data, and reflashed stock. Worked this time. Thanks for your help.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You'll have to install it over fastboot - the instructions are in the TWRP thread in the dev section ;)

I assume you downloaded the correct SKU since you did everything else correct.
    My guess is: a bad flash.
    Try booting into recovery. If you get the dead Android, the stock recovery installed fine. If you have the Asus firmware on your microSD, rename it to EP201_768_SDUPDATE.zip and boot into recovery. It should recognize the file and flash it.
    Alternatively, you could flash TWRP in fastboot and flash the firmware again.

Side note: I will never understand why people flash the tablet back to the lousy stock rom to sell it.... Anybody doing the least bit of research should know that this tablet with CROMi-X installed is 10x better - that actually only custom ROMing makes it useable.....
    I would offer it here on the XDA market as: "TF700 in mint condition with a clean installation of any bootloader/recovery/kernel/rom you desire" ;)