The 'Returns and Replacements' thread.

Search This thread

JimmyEatFood

I've read a lot about people who have returned their phones. I thought it would be handy if we had one thread where people could state if they have returned their phone, why it was returned and how many devices they have been through.

I have sent mine back today. Dial a Phone said they would send a prepaid 'Special Delivery' envelope, however they only sent first class. :mad: I won't be able to track it now.

It was sent due to the screen flickering as I have mentioned in the other thread.

Hopefully it will be the first and last time I have to do so.

nikzDHD

Apr 2, 2011
London
Same as OP. Sent today pre paid envelope to DAP for same reasons. White model made in Taiwan. Screen strobing on greys on all brightness levels.

Reactions: shreyasvb

Audioboxer

Aug 24, 2010
Sent an exchange request to Affordable Mobiles (screen ripples and strobing), won't surprise me if they take days to respond and then ask me to pay for postage :mad:

Reactions: shreyasvb

JimmyEatFood

Same as OP. Sent today pre paid envelope to DAP for same reasons. White model made in Taiwan. Screen strobing on greys on all brightness levels.

Did you get a prepaid special delivery envelope or was it prepaid first class?

Wonder what the turn around on this will be. Hope it will be here before Thursday as it's getting delivered to my Dads and he's off on holiday for a week.

nikzDHD

Apr 2, 2011
London
Did you get a prepaid special delivery envelope or was it prepaid first class?

Wonder what the turn around on this will be. Hope it will be here before Thursday as it's getting delivered to my Dads and he's off on holiday for a week.

Pre paid first class, however I paid for SD as didn't want to risk losing it.

Check your DAP account under my messages. I've already got a message from them couple of days ago saying order process has been delayed until tomorrow. Guess they are just awaiting arrival of phone sent today before dispatching new one.

znanev

Apr 13, 2012
I'm just returning from Carphone Warehouse's store where I returned my One X for a refund. Yesterday I got the first one I bought replaced, just to find a little bit later that the replacement exhibits the same screen flickering / banding / glitches issues as the first one. What really pissed me off with the replacement was that in addition half of its sensors were broken:

* Panasonic 3-axis Magnetic Field sensor
* Panasonic Orientation sensor
* Panasonic Rotation Vector
* Panasonic Liner Acceleration
* Panasonic Gravity

So the guys at Carphone Warehouse were kind enough to immediately issue me a refund, but what really amazed me is that they acted as if I was just the most unlucky person in the world and they have never heard of anyone else having those issues.

The moral from this - I just didn't want to waste my time any more hoping and waiting for the dreaded HTC firmware update.

JimmyEatFood

Pre paid first class, however I paid for SD as didn't want to risk losing it.

Check your DAP account under my messages. I've already got a message from them couple of days ago saying order process has been delayed until tomorrow. Guess they are just awaiting arrival of phone sent today before dispatching new one.

Just called and spoken to them, as soon as the phone is recieved in the warehouse a new one is dispatched straight away.

Goku80

Mar 18, 2012
Within the Matrix
had two white one x's. two were having the creaking noise. the other one had the power button loose and the other one had software issues. got me a grey one today and this is the third one. so far this one feels more solid than the other two i had. came close each time to going for the galaxy nexus but i thought maybe third time lucky....so far so good and i am glad i kept this

audioslim

Oct 7, 2010
Manchester
My OneX arrived back at buymobilephones.net this morning for non-working g-sensor and they say its working fine!!.

I did everything to try and get it working and it suddenly starts once it goes back!.

Not impressed with that for a start.

Slim

coolaudio

Aug 6, 2010
Just returning my 2nd hox from three UK (grey) model.

1st HTC one x was dead on arrival, not charging or turning on.

2nd HTC has screen flickering and all usual bugs, intermittent graphic anomalies, coloured bars on left while using camera, browser distorted graphics in top bar and weird box in middle of screen, sense reloading constantly even with 2 factory resets.

Phoned HTC and they said they new of no problems or bugs with one x and no updates coming. Very worrying. 3rd handset on way, last chance HTC then over to galaxy III.

Reactions: fingerbob

jlegrange

Apr 10, 2012
Southampton
Now getting my third handset tomorrow. All been white.

1st phone. Shocking battery life.

Second phone. Hairline crack, screen flicker, screen glitches

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Havoc2k

Dec 7, 2011
Munich
my second one comes this week to. (display backlight jumping)

just wonder whats about the dropbox space, every phone another 23gb? did you try to pump up another account? ;)

CaveManDave

Mar 18, 2011
St Albans
Currently holding the One S, no issues yet, battery life seems to be great. Get my One X tomorrow, man I got my fingers crossed it will be ok, going to upload a vid comparing them I will link it here, fingers crossed no issues... god I am hoping lol

D

Delusphere

So if my phone is doing all of these I should return it:

1. Has a flickering screen
2. Flash makes everything yellow on camera
3. Browser UI is glitching up on me with graphical distorts
4. Battery dies in 20mins of use
5. Keyboard moves me to random places while I type

Yes or no?

Sounds like most of you are getting nowhere returning them all the time. And it sounds like some of you are getting shoddy repair jobs done that are breaking the phone even more.

Logic tells me to get a refund and wait untill a model that works is released and buy the phone again. I love this phone too :(

voigty

Dec 7, 2010
North West
Just sent my white HTC one x back to buymobilesdirect as it had screen corruption under touch pressure, fantastic phone apart from that.

Will have my new one on wednesday, fingers crossed!

I bought GTA 3 and showdowgun will I be able to redownload for free or am I going to have to pay for them again??

Made taiwan ht23

Reactions: Edward Lowy and qui

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just sent my white HTC one x back to buymobilesdirect as it had screen corruption under touch pressure, fantastic phone apart from that.

Will have my new one on wednesday, fingers crossed!

I bought GTA 3 and showdowgun will I be able to redownload for free or am I going to have to pay for them again??

Made taiwan ht23
    Sent an exchange request to Affordable Mobiles (screen ripples and strobing), won't surprise me if they take days to respond and then ask me to pay for postage :mad:
    Just returning my 2nd hox from three UK (grey) model.

1st HTC one x was dead on arrival, not charging or turning on.

2nd HTC has screen flickering and all usual bugs, intermittent graphic anomalies, coloured bars on left while using camera, browser distorted graphics in top bar and weird box in middle of screen, sense reloading constantly even with 2 factory resets.

Phoned HTC and they said they new of no problems or bugs with one x and no updates coming. Very worrying. 3rd handset on way, last chance HTC then over to galaxy III.
    Ere u go , HTC UK.

01279 206906