[AOSPA - 4.2.2] PARANOIDANDROID 3.68 (HALO) [Toroplus] 18-JUL-2013

Search This thread

cmoG530

Sep 7, 2009
Re: [ROM] PARANOIDANDROID 3.0 RC [AOSP 4.2.1 Based - Toroplus] [Hybrid] 09-FEB-2013

On purity or Dummy? If purity then yeah you may need to change it. All devices are different however do just toy around and see what's best.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk HD

Blokgang

Sep 28, 2010
Re: [ROM] PARANOIDANDROID 3.0 RC [AOSP 4.2.1 Based - Toroplus] [Hybrid] 09-FEB-2013

uploadfromtaptalk1361499355514.jpg

So here's my latest problem... I've tried wiping everything and reinstalling

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

PowderdToastMan

Jan 3, 2012

I'm getting incredible battery life just on stock. I'm at 37% currently and I've been on battery since 7:00am using my phone a decent amount for web browsing, texting etc. About only 1 hour 14 min screen time tho. Any other kernel suggestions?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Blokgang

Sep 28, 2010

Nope.. The problem still exists... I even totally unrooted and went back to stock. MMS still seems to work on stock. I'm not sure if I flash a custom rom if it will work since I need to update the profile to get MMS to work

jesusice

Dec 22, 2010

Nope.. The problem still exists... I even totally unrooted and went back to stock. MMS still seems to work on stock. I'm not sure if I flash a custom rom if it will work since I need to update the profile to get MMS to work

It's not the ROM and going back to stock isn't really a fix for anything.

Are you following the directions in the OP precisely? Using the PA Gapps as instructed? Flashing anything else? Trying to update on an Airrave? You post is somewhat unclear, are you saying you still couldn't update profile while on stock? If so did you try calling Sprint?

Blokgang

Sep 28, 2010

Yeah I have tried updating over WiFi at the sprint store..I have talked to a few sprint reps who clearly are baffled when I tell them error code 1. One of them went as far as saying there's a tower problem but my wife's gnex updates just fine.

The only think I could think of is that I deleted one of the many underlying android folders in sdcard/0/legacy/emulated blah blah but I wouldnt think that would have an effect

DWake014

Mar 31, 2010
Tried putting this on my wife's GNex, with the latest TWRP, but even after 5-6 mins it will not boot. Completely wiped coming from CarbonRom, then I flashed this ROM, then PA gapps. I am trying to boot back into TWRP but it will not boot into Recovery. Any help on this is appreciated!

Last edited:

tomzefi

Tried putting this on my wife's GNex, with the latest TWRP, but even after 5-6 mins it will not boot. Completely wiped coming from CarbonRom, then I flashed this ROM, then PA gapps. I am trying to boot back into TWRP but it will not boot into Recovery. Any help on this is appreciated!

Some how you wiped your recovery. You no how to use adb?

tomzefi

A bit, I am also not able to get into download mode, will that be an issue?

Oh shoot. That's a problem. Eeven for Odin you need that. Sounds like you have a hardware issue. If you have insurance just send it to sprint.

blankit

Oct 28, 2010

When is 4.2.2 coming out for this ROM ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ParanoidAndroid for AOSP 4.2.2

n4-product-herokau56.png

untitled-11cbkj.png

Work in Progress
    • Before you go any further, 4.2 still has a quite a few bugs that need to be resolved by Google.
    • Please make sure you have backups for anything you don't want to lose.
    • Google apps are not official, this is a community hack, we have tested all apps but you could still encounter issues.
    • This is still a work in progress. we are working hard to tame 4.2, which brought significant changes and bugs.
    • Do not ask about CyanogenMod features. We will add more features in version 3.x, when we have a 100% stable base.

Installation
    • Update your recovery to the latest version. Pre 4.2 recoveries can mess up your sd card/storage. We recommend TWRP.
    • Download pa google apps: http://d-h.st/Do8 Updated 15-JUL-2013
    • Download rom: http://d-h.st/N7z Updated 18-JUL-2013
    • Follow PA on Google+ for changes and other info
    • Perform a factory reset in recovery, unless you are already on PA 2.99+
    • Flash ROM first, then gapps
    • Wipe dalvik & cache
    • Reboot and wait, first bootup can take up to 5 minutes, it will also restart once
    • Enter your Google account info, press home when you encounter the black screen
    • After the quirky bootup (thanks to aosp) is over, the rom should work normally
    • Do not restore system apps, system data and Google apps. This can cause bootloops and other problems due to mismatches from CM to AOSP and Android version 4.1.2 to 4.2.x

Features
    • Hybrid engine ported, Per App DPI and Per App Layout
    • Tablet UI back from the dead
    • Per app color
    • Quicksettings -> Quicktoggles (first draft, more to follow)
    • New recents implementation
    • We fixed the aosp lag in the recents view, well, most of it
    • New SystemUI Icons that can cope with transparent bars, thanks go to John Xionidis
    • See through Lockscreen is back
    • Transparent bars + Launcher2 modified to cope with it
    • 4.2 Walls and Sounds
    • Google stock apps
    • Extended Desktop

untitled-19kkgo.png

PER-APP-DPI/LAYOUT
    This is not tablet mode! Hybrid engine allows you to target apps individually. You get to pick their actual layouts which can tranform content drastically. Keep in mind, this has nothing to do with build.prop hacks or DPI changes. We list all layouts an app brings, you choose one, its as easy as that. It does not matter if your device runs itself in Phone-, Phablet or Tablet-UI, your apps will always look as you like. On top of that you can scale apps, to fit your screen, that way you can even bring full fledged tablet apps and make them run perfectly. Nothing will break, nothing will shrink, your market will be fine. Additionally we have rewritten many parts of the android framework and fixed countless of AOSP bugs to make way for these modifications - our "tablet mode" runs better on a phone than on a real tablet, that is guaranteed.

untitled-1jij2c.png

PER-APP-COLOR
    ParanoidAndroid's newest invention. Define apps in your regular hybrid panel. See your phone fade into the color definition of your current app, press home or go elsewhere and it fades back. Create as many combinations you like, you can even dabble with opacity. This feature is made possible by our hybrid engine, which is unique to this rom.

Hints
    [ROM] PARANOIDANDROID [CM9HYBRID] [pa-toroplus-1.97-06AUG2012-173410]

paranoid_changelogjmkth.png

• pa-toroplus-1.97-06AUG2012-173410
    • New option: "large" to trick an app thinking the device has a real big screen. some need it, like amazon kindle to jump into tabUI. some even react on it, gdrive will slightly adapt its layout - makes only sense if you give it a small dpi though.
    • The algorithm to extract the actual layout containers from apk files works more precise and can reveal more than before. there will still be a few apps left who do that layout stuff in java - we will add an override button for that, but in the meantime you can edit /system/etc/paranoid/properties.conf .layout=360 for phone-like UI, 600 for phablet, 720 = tablet, 1280 = super huge tablet
    • Several bugfixes from us and cm
    • pa-toroplus-1.4a-18JUN2012-153044
    • New Hybrid code, keyboard troubles should be gone, apps that crop images or display weird, that should be gone aswell
    • PAD/PAL work in phonemode 100%, no weird toggles and stuff like that. you get full tablet apps without caveats
    • Settings cleanup, most of the garbage dpi options are gone, should be more intuitive - i ask you to not bring your old pad.props though some things changed. if you know what you do take a look and edit by hand
    • Trashed our LatinIME repo - not needed anymore
    • pa-toroplus-1.3a-15JUN2012-190613
    • Navigationbuttons in phone mode are fixed
    • Default CM tuna kernel
    • Settings panel had a bug, you couldnt set android.dpi, decriptions sucked, too
    • Speed improvements, all launchers are buttersmooth now
    • Force option for widget scaling works again
    2.99.8 Update posted

Link to 2.99.8 update posted to OP (along with link to new pa-gapps)

Changelog (courtesy of moles)
    • Gcc 4.7, O3 optimization, optimized Linaro strings, memcpy, etc
    • Pa prefs and gapps auto backup
    • No reboots anymore, instant overall UI switches
    • Navbar can be scaled separately
    • Auto color, manual exists still and you even get to color the statusbar icons. Auto color reduces the hassle down to one color-picker, the rest is being determined. Should you not like a single color then you can always go in and make change.
    • /// recents for tabUI
    • New drawables all over the system that allow transparency
    • TabUI panel-title revamp, we took out the garbage and gave it a layout similar to what youre used to in phone and phab UI
    I heard you haven't had an update in a while and I've been building nightlies for maguro, so I'll build for toroplus too. Don't expect nightlies but I should be able to build every three days or so. I'll distribute through Dropbox because goo.im is too slow for me and I don't like other filehosts. So PM me your Dropbox email and device and I will invite you to my shared folder. if you don't have an account yet you can register with this link to earn us both a free 500 MB.

Happy flashing!
    3.0 Release Candidate Posted

A link to the 3.0 Release Candidate has been posted to the OP.

New GAPPS have also been posted.