Hermes 6.1 19212 Business Edition (Direct port from Kaiser)

Search This thread

jwzg

Retired Senior Moderator
Jan 31, 2006
Prattville, AL
With the help of Bepe's old Hermes kitchen and tools from Tadzio and others, I've put together this rather forgettable, yet stable ROM. It's simply a direct port of the TyTN II 19212 6.1 Build which was last build for that model. It does not have Touchflo, but it has all other components and updated icons that don't look like WM2003. It is basically a "flash-and-forget" ROM for those who want a nearly official 6.1 build, yet don't care for all of the "look-at-me" bling and bleeding edge on some of the other devices. It is set up for an AT&T Keyboard, and does not have the 3g dialer. I have a version with the 3G dialer that is also set up for the HTC keyboard, but it's not ready for prime time, and no, I don't have a timeline for its release. I will not include any programs that are not OEM in the RC build or the final build so don't ask. You may dump the ROM and use any part of it at your discretion. Just give props where they're due.

Note: I put this together just like the factory ROM so all of the programs are in the OEMAPPS folder when you dump it. I'm working on making all of the packages come out in the SYS and OEM directories, but I haven't played with the new visual kitchen by Ervius just yet.

Programs:
-HTC Home with working backlight adjuster (NOT a fix; this uses an HTCUtil.dll from another device that works)
-Voice Command (from AT&T Tilt official ROM; I like it, therefore its there)
-Sprite Backup HTC Licensed Edition (also from Tilt official ROM)
-Adobe Acrobat
-Audio Manager
-Esmertec Java
-Arcsoft MMS 5.0.31.19
-Internet Sharing
-Voice Recorder
-IA Zip
-Enlarge Start Menu (from Jade)
-Large Title Bar (also from Jade)
-HTC Connection Setup

Enhancements:
-New, official WM6 or 6.1 icons for Control Panel items
-Lockstream DRM functional
-Windows Live and OneNote removed
-Connection Setup runs automatically after first reboot
-Mail setup runs automatically after first reboot

Possible issue:
-Someone please check SMS capability and functionality (I currently have it disabled on my account)

There may be other issues with this ROM, so please report them here only. I will fastidiously prune the thread of non-constructive comments and requests such as "Please include (name third-party program) or "How do I flash a ROM?" and "Please make me a splash screen."

Download link: Megaupload

Log:
- Build number on splash screen updated to 3.29
- ROM date changed to reflect build date on original Kaiser ROM
- A little better memory usage but not much
- Icon's updated just a little

Really there's no reason to update unless you like your numbers to match. I'm anal like that, so I updated. It's still snappy, stable and looks OEM. Perfect for those of us not on the bleeding edge who also use our devices heavily.

Download Link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YK1VJ21E

Update: 10/20/09

Log:
- New Large Title Bar Function (uses pop out at top of screen)
- Vibrate button function restored
- In-call volume now adjustable by scrolling wheel
- HTC Splash Screen added
- Now packaged with 1.54 GSM radio

This is an interim upgrade. I will be releasing a package with the HTC keypad tomorrow. I'm not working on a 3G dialer version right now, as the components are a little different and I can't test it because AT&T doesn't allow for it.

Deleted

Update: 10/27/09

FINAL UPDATE

Why? My new Fuze comes tomorrow because my keyboard is on the blink. Alright here is the change log.

- Animation works
- Bluetooth file transfer works
- Task Manger 1.51 replaces more recent version due to not closing programs correctly
- Somewhat improved memory usage

Link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8XUQATZ0

I'm going to be hanging out a little bit from now on. Drop me a line if you have any questions or want the kitchen.

Last edited:

jwzg

Retired Senior Moderator
Jan 31, 2006
Prattville, AL
Screenshots

Here are screenshots of the today screen, ROM components and device info.

Attachments

• 19212_Today.jpg
    19212_Today.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 3,293
  • 19212_Overview.jpg
    19212_Overview.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 3,101
  • Device_Info.jpg
    Device_Info.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 1,875
Last edited:

ai6908

Nov 13, 2006
Land of Lincoln
I completely love 19212 or 214 builds! You can flash them, and dont have to reset the phone for days literally! Thanks for the release.

chicochico

May 24, 2007
Toronto
What are the free storage/Ram numbers 4 the rom?

HTC Tytn
ROM: Shamanix WM6 Ultimate v2 Final
RADIO: 1.48.00.10
History: VPA Compact (HTC Magician), Jornada 720

amandeep86

Jul 17, 2009
Anandpur Sahib
amansaini.com
Best ROM till now!

Wonderful ROM mate!! I have tried almost each & every Hermes ROM available on the internet till now. But, I'm now settled on your make. It's very stable. :)

Though, I don't give a damn to the RAM usage. :cool:

Keep your good work going. I think you should try building a ANDROID based ROM for Hermes. It'll rock. :rolleyes:

Shalkku

Aug 19, 2009
Hello

Hello, I installed this ROM to my hermes, it all works great but my bars with Calendar, Contacts and Start didn't change color... Thoes are still green and the rest of rom is gray and good looking.

Did I do something wrong, or should I just flash again?

Dobi

Dec 17, 2005
Keyboard bug :(

Hi,

First of all, thanks for this perfect rom, I was looking for this simple Kaiser Stock ROM since months and months.. Thanks again.
However I've noticed that the keyboard mapping of this rom is for Kaiser. You've the issue with the caracters @, !, ;, etc...

is it possible to fix it with a reg update, or with a new rom?
also, is it possible to add 3G video call?

thanks again for your answer and specially for this rom
:)

bh77a

Nov 23, 2008
Is a radio included with this ROM? The file looks to be much smaller than what I have flashed for the stock AT&T or TyTN (Official HTC release).

Thanks in advance!