Looking for an upgrade, what would you recommend

Search This thread

cellphoner2006

Oct 14, 2010
I currently have this tablet and it's been working good so far but I'm planning to upgrade soon. I was taken back by how many tablets samsung has out now and don't know which is a suitable upgrade to go for. I can spend around the range of $300. I mainly use it to stream stuff as well as school related use. Any insights will be greatly appreciated? Thanks!

Qosmio-

Sep 14, 2013
TAB 3

If you are looking for a new TAB pass the TAB 3 it seems that its not a big upgrade and not much faster then the TAB 2.

Cheers

lohtse

Apr 1, 2009
Where ever they send Me!!
If you are looking for a new TAB pass the TAB 3 it seems that its not a big upgrade and not much faster then the TAB 2.

Cheers

I agree with that..

Tab 3 is rubbish.. A friend has the 2 and it seems sluggish when compared to the 2 and there's no GPU either... Battery seems to last only half the time compared with the 2..

Stay clear as the only advantages are mini usb and slightly lighter

crash613

Mar 13, 2008
Now that they have told you what NOT to buy... I'll give you a reccomdation on what you do want to look at, I love my note 8. Great tablet and even more affordable now that the note pros are starting to come out

cellphoner2006

Oct 14, 2010

Cheers

I agree with that..

Tab 3 is rubbish.. A friend has the 2 and it seems sluggish when compared to the 2 and there's no GPU either... Battery seems to last only half the time compared with the 2..

Stay clear as the only advantages are mini usb and slightly lighter

thanks Qosmio and Lohtse, I will certainly stay away from that one.

Now that they have told you what NOT to buy... I'll give you a reccomdation on what you do want to look at, I love my note 8. Great tablet and even more affordable now that the note pros are starting to come out

How is the battery life on your note 8 crash613, in terms of streaming?

crash613

Mar 13, 2008
I don't really do a lot of streaming but I will watch 4 to 5 hours of video and still have more than 50% . I have not really paid much attention to it because it has never been an issue

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

G

GuestK0058

I don't know what you want to spend on it but take a look at the Xperia tablets or the Nexus ones.
If you really want a Samsung again, take a look at the new Pro series.

vipul.rk24

Sep 24, 2012
Mumbai
I currently have this tablet and it's been working good so far but I'm planning to upgrade soon. I was taken back by how many tablets samsung has out now and don't know which is a suitable upgrade to go for. I can spend around the range of $300. I mainly use it to stream stuff as well as school related use. Any insights will be greatly appreciated? Thanks!

Ask all your queries and discussion in this thread

GENERAL CHAT!! All XDA'ers Welcome (noobs included) :)
please dont create a whole thread for a single question buddy;)
please keep the general section clean :angel: