[Q] Please someone help SM-T311 bricked

Search This thread

chhuanga

Apr 12, 2014
I have rooted my tablet and have been playing around with it last week i downloaded some cpu monitor and after i installed it ask for supermission and i grandted it and right after that my tab self restart and cannot boot i can only see the first samsung logo samsung galaxy tab 3 and after that just its just black screen and i go to android system recovery 3e and did the wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition and after that its still the same black screen and i try to flash it with odin and the pc cannot detect the device not even found new hardware i have tried uninstall driver in the pc an install another version usb driver and kies i have also change the cable and the pc and nothing happen i have google alot and cant get an answer please can someone please tell me what to do and it cant even turn off it is showing the battery sign :crying: :rolleyes:

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
I have rooted my tablet and have been playing around with it last week i downloaded some cpu monitor and after i installed it ask for supermission and i grandted it and right after that my tab self restart and cannot boot i can only see the first samsung logo samsung galaxy tab 3 and after that just its just black screen and i go to android system recovery 3e and did the wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition and after that its still the same black screen and i try to flash it with odin and the pc cannot detect the device not even found new hardware i have tried uninstall driver in the pc an install another version usb driver and kies i have also change the cable and the pc and nothing happen i have google alot and cant get an answer please can someone please tell me what to do and it cant even turn off it is showing the battery sign :crying: :rolleyes:

Geez, that's a tough one. An app like that definitely shouldn't cause any issues like this. But if there is no recognition of being plugged in to the PC, there isn't much you can do yourself. It's rare that recovery and Download mode show up but don't attempt to load drivers. So in Device Manager, there isn't even an exclamation mark or anything? Another option, if you have access to one (or you can make a Live CD) is to try and use the program called Heimdall (like the Linux version of Odin) on Ubuntu or a similar Linux distro.

If you've exhausted all other options and there just isn't any sign of activity, then you might need what is called a JTAG service. Basically a special cable is soldered to a point on the motherboard circumventing the USB port and this will allow a special manual reload of the software and kind of shock the system back on track. Highly recommended by myself and tons of other XDA members: http://mobiletechvideos.mybigcommerce.com/

Reactions: chhuanga

chhuanga

Apr 12, 2014
Thank you soo much for your help i have been searching and searching on what to do, so i took your advice and went to the site but i dont see the jtag for my smt311 will i be able to use the samsung galaxy tab jtag for my device as well i dont know which one will be support by my device as it have not been listed thanks for your time again God bless

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
Thank you soo much for your help i have been searching and searching on what to do, so i took your advice and went to the site but i dont see the jtag for my smt311 will i be able to use the samsung galaxy tab jtag for my device as well i dont know which one will be support by my device as it have not been listed thanks for your time again God bless

I'm not entirely sure about the model. Probably best to just send them a message and see if they support your device. If they don't, then your only other option would be to attempt to use Heimdall in Linux.

Reactions: chhuanga

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Geez, that's a tough one. An app like that definitely shouldn't cause any issues like this. But if there is no recognition of being plugged in to the PC, there isn't much you can do yourself. It's rare that recovery and Download mode show up but don't attempt to load drivers. So in Device Manager, there isn't even an exclamation mark or anything? Another option, if you have access to one (or you can make a Live CD) is to try and use the program called Heimdall (like the Linux version of Odin) on Ubuntu or a similar Linux distro.

If you've exhausted all other options and there just isn't any sign of activity, then you might need what is called a JTAG service. Basically a special cable is soldered to a point on the motherboard circumventing the USB port and this will allow a special manual reload of the software and kind of shock the system back on track. Highly recommended by myself and tons of other XDA members: http://mobiletechvideos.mybigcommerce.com/

I'm not entirely sure about the model. Probably best to just send them a message and see if they support your device. If they don't, then your only other option would be to attempt to use Heimdall in Linux.