[Q] How to change notifications and ringtones

Search This thread

baz786

Jun 5, 2014
Hi

Apologies if i have not worded my quetion properly

I have had android phones before but never played about with them before in terms of rooting.

I do not like the notification sounds on my htc one m8, previously i had a Samsung galaxy S4 and have copied the sound files from it

i want to copy the notifications ringtones alarms and ui folder from samsung s4 to htc one m8 system folder without root

how can i do that?

I have ES File Explorer on my htc one m8.

as i have never done this can someone please provide novice step by step instructions

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
You have ringtone, alarm and notification folders on the internal memory. Put them in there.

Reactions: baz786

baz786

Jun 5, 2014
You have ringtone, alarm and notification folders on the internal memory. Put them in there.

Ok that is fine but what about the system notifications in the UI folder should i put them in the notifications folder also or create a UI folder in the internal memory?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

baz786

Jun 5, 2014
Ok so i put the alarms in the alarms folder in internal memory, the ring tones in the ring tones folder in internal memory the notifications in the notifications folder in internal memory and i put the the notifications from the the system ui folder in the notifications folder in internal memory and restarted my phone
All the notifications appear now that is fine my question is how do i change the system notifications now like for keyboard presses the power buttton etc?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
You can't change the system notifications without rooting your phone and then overwriting the appropriate sound files or changing some system xml files.

Reactions: baz786

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just put them in the notifications folder.
    You can't change the system notifications without rooting your phone and then overwriting the appropriate sound files or changing some system xml files.